Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
1677860902065.png

• 1Harrow
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Make it a pic of him on the wheaties box though.

ht_bruce_jenner_wheaties_boxes_jc_150602_16x9_992.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
Make it a pic of him on the wheaties box though.

ht_bruce_jenner_wheaties_boxes_jc_150602_16x9_992.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
God damn, I can remember as a kid when Bruce Jenner was a fucking god
Eating Wheaties just so I could have one of them boxes.
The kid inside of me is dying at what he has become.

• 1Solidarity

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
The local 7-11 has actual creamer cartons for your coffee as opposed to those little tins you typically need 5-6 of to get the right blend

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Watching Jack with my daughter. Jennifer Lopez is a 5th grade teacher and gave an assignment for the kids to write an essay on what they want to be when they grow up.

One kid said he wants to be a gynecologist and JLo said "if that's true, I want you to explain why". The kid said "You're the reason why, Ms. [Whatever]". Rofl

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 4 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I was just checking out at the grocery store. ~60yo checkout guy turned his light off right when I was putting my stuff on the belt. 3 different times someone came up behind me and starting putting their stuff on the belt, and he'd tell them "I'm sorry, but I'm actually closed after I finish with this gentleman". After the 3rd one, he leaned in close to me and said "I feel bad doing that but I'm about 30 seconds from shitting my pants. ....I guess I shouldn't have said that, sorry". Fucking burst out laughing and said "well, bonus points for honesty".

Last edited:
  • 5Worf
  • 1Harrow
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
This morning I went to a friends house to help them. Someone had driven over their mailbox. Okay, easy fix. I start digging the hole and this guy comes up to me, asking what I was doing. I said I was helping friends because someone hit their mailbox. My friends are elderly, and shouldn't be digging. I was happy to do it. The guy tells me how sorry he is, said it was his son who drove over the mailbox. Underage kid who doesn't have a license but went for a joy ride. Lost control and tried to hide it. Doorbell cam caught it, and obvious damage to the car. He handed me $500 and asked if that was enough to get the work done and make me happy (he obviously didn't want me to call police with what he revealed to me). He then got his son, had him come to me and apologize. Father said "why are you apologizing?" And the kid sheepishly said "because what I did was really stupid, and I understand that."

He then went to the front door of my friends house and repeated this exercise. This kid was obviously not in danger of being beaten or anything, but he was being severely disciplined, and forced to be accountable to the person doing the work and the family whose mailbox he smashed.

Parenting done right. This tickles my pickle.

• 17Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 17 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
This morning I went to a friends house to help them. Someone had driven over their mailbox. Okay, easy fix. I start digging the hole and this guy comes up to me, asking what I was doing. I said I was helping friends because someone hit their mailbox. My friends are elderly, and shouldn't be digging. I was happy to do it. The guy tells me how sorry he is, said it was his son who drove over the mailbox. Underage kid who doesn't have a license but went for a joy ride. Lost control and tried to hide it. Doorbell cam caught it, and obvious damage to the car. He handed me $500 and asked if that was enough to get the work done and make me happy (he obviously didn't want me to call police with what he revealed to me). He then got his son, had him come to me and apologize. Father said "why are you apologizing?" And the kid sheepishly said "because what I did was really stupid, and I understand that."

He then went to the front door of my friends house and repeated this exercise. This kid was obviously not in danger of being beaten or anything, but he was being severely disciplined, and forced to be accountable to the person doing the work and the family whose mailbox he smashed.

Parenting done right. This tickles my pickle.

that is a good story. I probably would have told the father not to worry about the money just have the kid do the work.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
A bit of a lame one but one that came to mind anyway. Going through a bunch of dumb shit the past few weeks, being pissed off and stressed and generally having life throw some bullshit my way. But at night, I can get into bed, look outside before I go to sleep while it’s dead quiet and see nothing but the moon and stars shining through the dark silhouettes of the trees and into my bedroom in my own house. And for just a bit, the bullshit goes away and I’m ever so slightly tickled.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
A bit of a lame one but one that came to mind anyway. Going through a bunch of dumb shit the past few weeks, being pissed off and stressed and generally having life throw some bullshit my way. But at night, I can get into bed, look outside before I go to sleep while it’s dead quiet and see nothing but the moon and stars shining through the dark silhouettes of the trees and into my bedroom in my own house. And for just a bit, the bullshit goes away and I’m ever so slightly tickled.

That is one of the least lame things I've read today. This is part of why I bought the property I did. Dead quiet, beautiful trees, makes for a beautiful sleeping place, and that is a good thing, because good sleep makes everything better.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
That is one of the least lame things I've read today. This is part of why I bought the property I did. Dead quiet, beautiful trees, makes for a beautiful sleeping place, and that is a good thing, because good sleep makes everything better.
I mean, I do have houses right on either side of me and I’m in a generic development and all that. Overall, my backyard is unfortunately pretty small, but the illusion at least is there. There’s a train every now and then too but I kind of like it since it’s far enough away. I’m mostly just happy we’re not backed into someone else’s house, and shit, I’m just happy we managed to get a house before things went to utter shit.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>

when I go offshore, I can usually find a place to sit or stand on the rail and look at the ocean and not see anything else. No other rigs, no boats, and obviously no land. Gives me the illusion of being out there all alone. It's even better at night.

• 2Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Like a niggling suspicion?
Yeah I always heard that as niggling.

I knew Wakandanrdly too. It's funny to look at the original definition and realize that the word it evolved into is typically applied to people who are known for stealing things and being bad tippers. Most etymologists are afraid to touch that word, but when they do they try to say it comes from the latin word for black.

For more fun words, Farding. I see girls farding in their cars all the time and it's ridiculous.

• 1Worf
  • 1Blown