What tickles your pickle

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Son of my niece is in the 7th grade. He's going to a school dance/function and asked me if he should wear/buy a suit. I was very very tempted to tell him yes and see what my niece said. But I didn't. The day will come when I'll say something really good.

He was not interested in learning some disco dance moves.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Son of my niece is in the 7th grade. He's going to a school dance/function and asked me if he should wear/buy a suit. I was very very tempted to tell him yes and see what my niece said. But I didn't. The day will come when I'll say something really good.

He was not interested in learning some disco dance moves.
Who else here had every elementary school and junior high dance close out with "Last Dance" by Donna Summer? Wonder if they even play that song anymore.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Been struggling at work and with kids and a sick cat. Also struggling with functioning alcoholism. Last night I had two drinks and stopped. I sat on my couch and noticed two things: 1) the front of my apartment is like 80% window; I can see mountains, trees, sky, water. 2) My dishwasher was cleaning my dishes. At least I don't have to wash fucking dishes: I hate that. So I guessed I was pretty lucky and that felt nice for a change.

gemma-atkinson-08.jpg

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Horowitz
Reactions: 5 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Is that your dishwasher or the one you wish you could afford?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
when I go offshore, I can usually find a place to sit or stand on the rail and look at the ocean and not see anything else. No other rigs, no boats, and obviously no land. Gives me the illusion of being out there all alone. It's even better at night.
When I’m on the ocean I like just looking up at night. Being able to see the Milky Way clear as day still blows my mind now as much as it did the first time.

• 3Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
4yo daughter was insistent on going fishing today, even though it was shitty weather and raining. She's never been. Caught a trout on her 4th cast, helped me clean it and cook it. Then she split it in half so we could share. Wolfed her half down in about 2 minutes, slapped her belly and said "Man, I'm a dang good fisher and cooker. Let me know if you get hungry and want more fish, dad."

Proud Will Smith GIF by King Richard

• 13Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 15 users

jeydax

Death and Taxes
4yo daughter was insistent on going fishing today, even though it was shitty weather and raining. She's never been. Caught a trout on her 4th cast, helped me clean it and cook it. Then she split it in half so we could share. Wolfed her half down in about 2 minutes, slapped her belly and said "Man, I'm a dang good fisher and cooker. Let me know if you get hungry and want more fish, dad."

Proud Will Smith GIF by King Richard

Fucking awesome.

On a similar note a few weeks ago I taught my 1 year old to make fart noises. I can just say "Fart noise!" and she does this:

Wife was mildly annoyed with me (eye rolls, etc) until she started using it at swimming lessons when they dunk her under water. I felt like a complete God Dad when it turned into a good thing.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
First time I let her cast with the hook on, too. She was so godamn happy through the entire process, including gutting it. Made me smile for about 3 hours straight.

• 7Like
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 7 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
First time I let her cast with the hook on, too. She was so godamn happy through the entire process, including gutting it. Made me smile for about 3 hours straight.

A few years ago I took my youngest fishing for the first time. He had always hated eating fish, said the taste was disgusting and he hated it.

Well, we caught a whole lot of small mouth bass together. Then we went through the process of cleaning them and cooking them together. He ate nearly his body weight in fish that night, saying it was one of the most delicious things he had ever eaten. He has loved fish in general ever since.

Edit: he has an upcoming birthday and when I asked what favourite meal he wanted he requested crab legs. I love it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Went to a wedding this weekend. The DJ played Copperhead Road and my niece convinced every one of the 50+ people on the dance floor it was a fucking river dance. She was running around showing everyone how to do it. My mind was blown. By the end of the song everyone was lined up doing that idiotic dance.

I even verified with someone at one point "This is copperhead road, right? WTF is going on out there?"

• 3Worf

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm at a conference in Portland and the bathrooms are public and gender neutral. Two separate gender neutral bathrooms with 8 stalls each.

The women really, really aren't liking this, lol.

Also saw this.
PXL_20230418_165450508.jpg

My friend flew out from the east coast to co present with me. He said he hasn't been here in a decade and this place looks so much shittier than it used to.

• 2Like
  • 1Harrow

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Two separate gender neutral bathrooms with 8 stalls each.

Are you alternating where you take your big greasy shits? Or has everyone sort of agreed that one bathroom is for shitting and the other is for pissing all over the toilet seat and floor?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Are you alternating where you take your big greasy shits? Or has everyone sort of agreed that one bathroom is for shitting and the other is for pissing all over the toilet seat and floor?
Shitting in public? That ain't me

• 1Harrow
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Joe Rogan just said Native Americans are where syphilis came from because sometimes they fucked animals.

• 1Harrow
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
My lady friend found a dead gopher in her yard and I told her to cut its head off and put it on a stick in the middle of the yard, to scare off other gophers. "Old farmer trick". 10 minutes later I get a text from her:

"I don't think I can do this"

• 7Worf
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 7 users