What tickles your pickle

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
That reminds me of a time:

I was caught behind a car that was waiting to park, he was waiting for another to pull out of its spot. Busy shopping time, it was leading up to Christmas, parking spots hard to come by. So as we waited, the queue of cars built up, ( person waiting had watched the guy who was leaving for a while, loading shit in etc ) Finally the car leaves . .

And the person from the parking spot behind it, drives through from the other side, from one parking spot into the one that was just cleared. For no better reason than just so that their car is easier to drive out when they leave later, as its pointing nose first out.

Guy who had been waiting went crazy. By rights I should have been mad too.

But I just found the whole thing so funny and had a great laugh.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Are the parking spaces really that much farther away that it would add 2 minutes to their walking time? That's a serious parking lot.
I have to assume that if someone is so fat they'll circle the lot 10 times stalking people for an open space, they're going to walk way, way slower than a normal human being.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I've posted about being a ham radio operator in here before. It was annoucned a DX expedition (an expedition to operate ham radio from a certain area/country etcc...) is going to be a country I need on my all worked countries list. North Korea. Next January/February for 5 days. I can't imagine how big the pileup trying to get thru is going to be.

Kinda happy tho.

Activation of North Korea | DX-World

I'm down to only need about 15 countries, but it changes each year when they reclassify the countries or give them new names. I think now there are 205ish on the current list and that includes prinipalities or whatever you call it like French Guiana.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I have no idea what that means. I read the article attempting to glean more information and I still have no idea what that means. Are you going to North Korea is is 'expedition' some gay lingo for talking to someone with a HAM radio who is actually there?

Borzak

A DX expedition is just basically a group of people taking amatuer radio equipment to places you normally can't contact and doing nothing but contacts for a few days so operators (like myself) can check it off their list. Sometimes they are places that are closed to all human traffic like some of the islands or areas that are controlled by X government, or atolls/islands and such that are normally unihabitated. A group will go for a week and take all the equipment etc...

I'm not really a chaser like some people but it would be nice to check off a country that has pretty much been off limits for 50+ years.

I wouldn't go at all, but just simply "work" in ham radio lingo someone who is on the ground in NK on an amatuer radio.

Sorry, the link is not really an article but an announcement for people already in the hobby and thus just an announcement to people who already know what it means.

Just a small tickle my pickle for the day, if you aren't a ham person I don't expect you to understand the difficulty in working/contacting some of the really odd/far out places.

Borzak

I just looked up the list of most wanted DXCC's - long distance contacts. North Korea is #1 for obvious reasons. Some of the others I have no idea where they are. There are 340 on the list, with the US being dead last for more obvious reasons.

This would be the first "offical" contact from NK since the Korean war. And yes there are organizations (the one in the US works closely with the FCC) that actually officiate a contact. You can't just claim I contacted X, your log has to be submitted and match their log to within 5 minutes and list the same exact frequency and other stuff. And yes all countries actually subscribe thru their service. It's a big deal to someone people. Not to me, just wanting to say I contacted NK when nobody has done it in 50+ years.

Club Log: DXCC Most-Wanted List for March 2015

1. P5 DPRK (NORTH KOREA)
2. KP1 NAVASSA ISLAND
3. 3Y/B BOUVET ISLAND
4. VP8S SOUTH SANDWICH ISLANDS
5. FT5W CROZET ISLAND
6. VK0H HEARD ISLAND
7. KH5K KINGMAN REEF
8. FT/J JUAN DE NOVA, EUROPA
9. VP8G SOUTH GEORGIA ISLAND
10. KH5 PALMYRA & JARVIS ISLANDS

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I do. I had my dad's old CB radio as a kid. I never contacted anyone except the police dept. on channel 9 once. But then they discontinued watching CB frequencies and it went down hill after that.

Borzak

Double pickle as well, my new transceiver came in Monday. I took it out of the box but haven't connected it yet.

Some people really get into it, I just like talking to people from places I have never heard of. When I am up nights I get on a daily net of a couple of guys in the Australian outback and chat and that's basically their only communication for months at a time.

Jilariz_sl

shitlord
Double pickle as well, my new transceiver came in Monday. I took it out of the box but haven't connected it yet.

Some people really get into it, I just like talking to people from places I have never heard of. When I am up nights I get on a daily net of a couple of guys in the Australian outback and chat and that's basically their only communication for months at a time.

Borzak

Considering they don't have any electricty except solar or a generator I'm pretty sure they don't have internet access either, unless it's available via sat phone. They are some kind of game ranger that works for the government and they say they have a sat phone but they are very limited on talk time via the phone.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I've posted about being a ham radio operator in here before. It was annoucned a DX expedition (an expedition to operate ham radio from a certain area/country etcc...) is going to be a country I need on my all worked countries list. North Korea. Next January/February for 5 days. I can't imagine how big the pileup trying to get thru is going to be.

Kinda happy tho.

Activation of North Korea | DX-World

I'm down to only need about 15 countries, but it changes each year when they reclassify the countries or give them new names. I think now there are 205ish on the current list and that includes prinipalities or whatever you call it like French Guiana.
North Korea? Pffft, that's amateur hour. Call me when you get your equipment into Eritrea. Then I'll be impressed!!!

Nissir

Lord Nagafen Raider
The moment you let loose an arrow at a big, fat, and tasty deer. Do it a 100 times, and every time your heart will be pounding.

Zhavric

Molten Core Raider
When the gal you're boning is the sort who insists on condoms... but is okay with a quick bareback warmup dip.

Yes, yes, yes. Dangerous & stupid. I didn't say it was SMART. But it does tickle my pickle.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
When the gal you're boning is the sort who insists on condoms... but is okay with a quick bareback warmup dip.

Yes, yes, yes. Dangerous & stupid. I didn't say it was SMART. But it does tickle my pickle.
Maybe it'll heat it up too, when she gives you an STI
wink.png

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
This flag really tickles my pickle. Now, I don't know a lot about Arabic lettering, but every time I see this flag I can't help but think that this is what Arabic Comic Sans font must look like, and it makes me chuckle every time!

ISIS_black_flag.jpg