What tickles your pickle

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Just watched this again. Kind of a tradition for me and mine. Fuckin' John Candy never gets old.

i-3ZVKH9c-M.jpg

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
This is a combination of rustling and tickling, but the end result tickled more.

My car insurance has steadily gone up over the last 16 years, fucking why? "An increase in automotive accidents in your area." Yeah, fuck off, GEICO. I had inquired with other carriers a couple times over the last few years and no one was ever able to come close to the gecko, so I just sucked it up. Just this last week I tried again with esurance - more than $120 less over 6 months. I called up GEICO to cancel and they were all too happy to inform me of their "new cost structure" and "additional discounts". Fucking right, after 16 years, no accidents, no tickets, and no claims. Ended up almost $200 less per six months. Save more than 15%.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I think that this is a pickle tickle, because I think the response I got was sarcastic, but it could turn into a rustled jimmy if I am wrong!

I work with plans from architects and for the work we do I have to copy over room names to locate where our materials are going to be used. Recently every fucking big business (like Apple, etc.) and hospital that puts up a new building or remodels an existing one has to have their fucking quiet rooms where employees can "de-stress." It is an occasional reminder to me that this shit isn't confined to the internet anymore (IOOTI) in a spot where I don't expect it.

So this latest hospital has a room on each floor that is called a "Zen Den." That's what the architect chose to call it, which could be worse I suppose, but it was the principle of the thing and I'd had enough of it. Given that I am a nobody with no power of any kind, the only way I could let my inner shitlord out was to put them down as "Snowflake Den" on my paperwork. Since the plans were so fucking shitty and incomplete, apparently the architect had to really go over their work to answer all the questions everyone had. The architect is a chick (I'm assuming her gender, I didn't ask what pronouns she preferred) so I probably wouldn't have done it if I had known that, but she sent the clarifications back for our scope of work, and on my part she crossed out Snowflake and replaced it with Zen, and put in parenthesis (I'M OFFENDED).

I'm ASSUMING that she "got the joke" and was playing along with it, because if she were truly offended I think I might have heard about it more indirectly through my boss or something, and she wouldn't have written on the returned submittals like that...but I could be wrong! Not that I'd get fired over it or anything, but I'd get a talking to about it at least. But I like to think that someone out there that I've never met understood my pain and sympathized.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think that this is a pickle tickle, because I think the response I got was sarcastic, but it could turn into a rustled jimmy if I am wrong!

I work with plans from architects and for the work we do I have to copy over room names to locate where our materials are going to be used. Recently every fucking big business (like Apple, etc.) and hospital that puts up a new building or remodels an existing one has to have their fucking quiet rooms where employees can "de-stress." It is an occasional reminder to me that this shit isn't confined to the internet anymore (IOOTI) in a spot where I don't expect it.

So this latest hospital has a room on each floor that is called a "Zen Den." That's what the architect chose to call it, which could be worse I suppose, but it was the principle of the thing and I'd had enough of it. Given that I am a nobody with no power of any kind, the only way I could let my inner shitlord out was to put them down as "Snowflake Den" on my paperwork. Since the plans were so fucking shitty and incomplete, apparently the architect had to really go over their work to answer all the questions everyone had. The architect is a chick (I'm assuming her gender, I didn't ask what pronouns she preferred) so I probably wouldn't have done it if I had known that, but she sent the clarifications back for our scope of work, and on my part she crossed out Snowflake and replaced it with Zen, and put in parenthesis (I'M OFFENDED).

I'm ASSUMING that she "got the joke" and was playing along with it, because if she were truly offended I think I might have heard about it more indirectly through my boss or something, and she wouldn't have written on the returned submittals like that...but I could be wrong! Not that I'd get fired over it or anything, but I'd get a talking to about it at least. But I like to think that someone out there that I've never met understood my pain and sympathized.

My companies home office has a sort of relaxation room, with like a big cargo net thing to chill out on. I was up there for a whole week and never saw anyone use it. I'd be taking a 30 minute nap everyday instead of a lunch break haha.

• 2Solidarity

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Just watched this again. Kind of a tradition for me and mine. Fuckin' John Candy never gets old.

i-3ZVKH9c-M.jpg

The scene below from Great Outdoors is easily in the Top 10 Best John Candy Scenes of all time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

lurker

Vyemm Raider
I had a hard disk fail a couple of years ago. It held the photos of a trip my family took to the British Isles for my daughter's HS graduation. There was a bunch of other stuff on it too, but those were really important and likely lost forever. I was especially bummed now because I got a new digital picture frame for Christmas and wanted to include some of those pictures in the rotation.

So Christmas day I'm looking through the CD rack to find some Christmas music and I find a CD labeled England 2006. It seems 12 years ago I had the good sense to create a CD of the photos and organize them really well and then promptly forgot all about it until now. It's like another Christmas present.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I went to Smoothie King for a smoothie, and the chick working there wasn't wearing a bra and had pierced nips. When she shook the smoothie into the cup it really made my night.

• 5Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Cheers to the guy who bought my 1080Ti for $600 after I bought it for $500 a couple months ago.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
When you mash out your long password on the keyboard, pretty sure you must have miss typed or something, but when you hit enter it lets you in!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
My wife has one of those backwards bicycles you might have seen on the yotubes (I think I first saw it on the smarter every day channel) for a training class. She's out of town and had to carry it in her car. She told me she was nervous about leaving it in the car because it looked like a bad part of town and someone might steal it. They offer people taking the class a cash reward if they can ride the bike for 100 feet. They've been doing it for years and so far no one has come close to claiming the prize.

Well that night I had a dream about someone trying to steal it and I woke up laughing. In my dream the punk tried to ride off on it and faceplanted 3 or 4 times before staggering off. In the morning all they found was a huge bloody spot next to the bike.

I'm not saying I hope anyone tries to steal that bike, but if it happens I hope like hell there's a security camera watching.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Dinner for one. Red lobster, threw in a half dozen more biscuits to be safe.

20190202_202005.jpg

20190202_202009.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I've never had those biscuits before. Are they as good as people claim?
91tZLcIPugL._SL1500_.jpg

If you just want to try them yourself without an actual trip to the restaurant, you can make em at home!

I think they're really good, yes. They are uniquely tasty and it's more than just "cheddary, garlicy, buttery, very crumbly"... they got some other seasoning in there that I'm not culinary enough to describe.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 192604

If you just want to try them yourself without an actual trip to the restaurant, you can make em at home!

I think they're really good, yes. They are uniquely tasty and it's more than just "cheddary, garlicy, buttery, very crumbly"... they got some other seasoning in there that I'm not culinary enough to describe.
Can you say carbs? You don't need those if u wanna keep that mangirl figure u got goin bro. Jus saying, stick with the green stuff bro.

• 1Worf
  • 1Garbage

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Cheddar Bay Biscuits are THE reason to go to Red Lobster. Thanks 4chan for breaking the code.

ZkIlz89XmgH6aOJ8AUc_t0JDvBgE0bBqJ1PwxbykqtY.png

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity