What vehicle do you drive?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, at 7 years old, you need to replace them at all corners. If only for the safety factor. And while the 20's look good on that big of a car, you will have more tire choice with 18's, like Palum said. One of my favorite combinations is a set of Weld wheels; 20's up front with 275's and 17's or 18's in the back with 305's or 315's. Pricier, but killer.

I thought about the Noweeds for my car as well. But, it's so loud when on the gas it's not really necessary. Cutouts would require ear plugs. I think the butterfly valves in the exhaust work perfect for being mellow or loud.

And, you're totally right about the Challenger being a fat ass. But, it'll move hard when you want it to. It's dual nature is part of the charm, I think; comfy cruiser or loud/fast street fighter.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, at 7 years old, you need to replace them at all corners. If only for the safety factor. And while the 20's look good on that big of a car, you will have more tire choice with 18's, like Palum said. One of my favorite combinations is a set of Weld wheels; 20's up front with 275's and 17's or 18's in the back with 305's or 315's. Pricier, but killer.

I thought about the Noweeds for my car as well. But, it's so loud when on the gas it's not really necessary. Cutouts would require ear plugs. I think the butterfly valves in the exhaust work perfect for being mellow or loud.

And, you're totally right about the Challenger being a fat ass. But, it'll move hard when you want it to. It's dual nature is part of the charm, I think; comfy cruiser or loud/fast street fighter.

They didn't have the active exhaust in 2011 so it's a little bit muted unless you've got it wide open. Which isn't a bad thing, but I get what you're saying. I also need to get a tuner and shut off the MDS because that shit is extremely annoying (it's an auto) and if I change the exhaust it'll make the cabin drone unbearable when it goes into 4cyl mode. I had a 2007 300C I cut the muffler off of and it did the same thing, sounded fucking great in V8 mode though. (With the Hellcat you've got Burren, I would absolutely not want to bury the supercharger whine under an obnoxiously loud exhaust)

The staggered wheel look DOES interest me though. I'll have to check into that!

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yup, you're right about the active exhaust not being around at that point. In which case, I'd check out Zoomers or Magnaflow for the 392. You can get a dual chamber system and it won't have terrible drone while it sounds good. I can't imagine how annoying it would be to have that 4cyl mode coming on all the time, with a more open exhaust. I think a Diablo hand held tuner can make that change for you.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Not sure if it's a foolish idea other than cost, but looking at trading in (id rather keep but wife said no to me having 2 bikes) my burnt orange vulcan s (650cc) for a burnt orange versys 1000cc. Both are 2015/16 and 5k miles on them. The v1000 im looking at is well below blue book for some reason, so a 2018 is 13k vs lightly used 15 for 8,500 before haggling. Generally love the adv/sport tour look but I like this cruiser too which I usually don't like the style.

Test ride a v650 and 1000 saturday.

At least for winter driving the vulcan has some drawbacks commuting. Windshield is a few inches short so i get windblast due to my height. (Already tallest on market, i can redrill mount holes and gain a bit without blemish as holes hidden under mount) Finger tips freeze despite grip heaters and i think handguards on cruiser look bad. Biggest reason though is I seem to be less comfortable getting a tight lean on at speed compared to uprightseating positions. I've scraped peg so i can do it but am squueemish on this 90degree turn with no turn lane on a 60mph road. Figure as a noob the upright seat with a tank i can grip with lega might be better. I know the vulcan can do it, it's me being new.

IMG_20170909_091551.jpg

6000000002.jpg

Part of arguing with myself is I should do the verays 650 as its just as fast as vulcan and if anything i need a downgrade because i feel myself getting a ticket. (Embarrassed a camaro in town, listed as 4.2second 0-60,. V1000 is 3.3? And like 140 top speed vs 96 ish now. Currently take back roads and state small highway so 60-80 mph, debating taking interstate for way smoother road 75-85 ish but more state patrol than back road 2 lanes.

Last edited:

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bro, you just convinced me it's a bad idea. I'm sure you've realized it yourself as well. Your current bike seems like the best choice, given all you just mentioned.

Sludig

Bro, you just convinced me it's a bad idea. I'm sure you've realized it yourself as well. Your current bike seems like the best choice, given all you just mentioned.
On which part?

I tried to keep it brief and focused on negatives for both. Didn't have time to gush about power moar speed in a good light. Easier cargo/better windshield options, has handguards etc. Ideally either versys would be happier in corners and in this case the color i love at the same price as the 650 version. 1000 a bit taller but is already only 50lbs heavier.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bought this today at a steal for $3750.

My last car was a 83 civic that i bought for $2900 that lasted over 3 years.

I hope I can get at least 6-9 months out of my new dodge. Transmission seams a bit touch and go but I might drop it out for a rebuild in a bit. Breaks seem okay and a few small fluid leaks but all in all I think my uncle sold me a good van.

CC-63-044-800.jpg

Sludig

4k for something to last less than a year? I suppose it's better than depreciation on a new Cadillac.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>

I hope I can get at least 6-9 months out of my new dodge. Transmission seams a bit touch and go but I might drop it out for a rebuild in a bit. Breaks seem okay and a few small fluid leaks but all in all I think my uncle sold me a good van.

CC-63-044-800.jpg

Good grief that's an ugly vehicle.

You think you hate it now? Wait till you drive it!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
On which part?

I tried to keep it brief and focused on negatives for both. Didn't have time to gush about power moar speed in a good light. Easier cargo/better windshield options, has handguards etc. Ideally either versys would be happier in corners and in this case the color i love at the same price as the 650 version. 1000 a bit taller but is already only 50lbs heavier.
I don't understand cruiser appeal at all (as a trackday rider). My only advice is ride whatever gets your emotions going and wanting to ride.

Sludig

I don't understand cruiser appeal at all (as a trackday rider). My only advice is ride whatever gets your emotions going and wanting to ride.
Ah, well you said keep current which is the Vulcan. I love both, I just want the one I'll perform better on as a noob and thru out my riding experience. Aside from paid reviews, very few bike review video's it seems esp on more obscure stuff. The vulcan was praised for being "incredibly light and flickable" and I'd say it does that pretty well with high speed curves and just swerving around traffic, it's just those really tight 30mph turns that are near peg dragging awkward as well as those smaller nitpicks.

One thing in defence of the Vulcan I thought of, on a ride last week there was like fresh oil on top of an existing dried oil patch across my path of travel making a turn. Was doing like 22-25 and rear wheel started to wash out tipping to inside of turn. Jerk of the bars and I got it wobbling to other side which I corrected with a quick kick and a little wobble and was good. The versys I think I might be better on tight leans on other hand being so high I'm not sure I'd be able to as readily "manually" correct low/moderate speed issues like that.

Sludig

Rode the 2 Versys. Could take or leave the 650. Felt too light but pretty similiar to the Vulcan (same engine hair different gearing etc). The 1000 however was like getting in a nicer BMW. Sold

Now just figuring out if I can have luck private party sale or if I can get favorable (ie not lose too much) at the dealer w/ trade and purchase. Hoping I can do well with it having sat there for 2 months or so and last chance before end of year on taxes on inventory. 3rd bike from them and the grom I know they worked me over decent but for a sub 5k purchase meh. Done 400? miles on Vulcan since I bought it from them.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

CC-63-044-800.jpg

My dad had one of these for years. Was enough that the next two vehicles he purchased was a 93 Voyager (mom wrecked it), and then a 96 Caravan (that was eventually gifted to me). They will literally drive until they fall apart. The O2 sensors are shit, and the AC will fail, but the engine is solid (both the 4 banger and the 3.6l V6). That 3.6 was heavy as balls, but mean and strong. I could load up all of my personal assets in one when I was younger, and move in one trip. Which I had to do a lot of back then. Fond memories of those vans, actually. Fucked a girl at an airport parking lot in one.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider

It's about body position for a lot of people I assume. Cruisers tend to let you stretch out a bit.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Rode the 2 Versys. Could take or leave the 650. Felt too light but pretty similiar to the Vulcan (same engine hair different gearing etc). The 1000 however was like getting in a nicer BMW. Sold

Now just figuring out if I can have luck private party sale or if I can get favorable (ie not lose too much) at the dealer w/ trade and purchase. Hoping I can do well with it having sat there for 2 months or so and last chance before end of year on taxes on inventory. 3rd bike from them and the grom I know they worked me over decent but for a sub 5k purchase meh. Done 400? miles on Vulcan since I bought it from them.
You'll usually get worked over on a dealer trade in. Either learn to accept the big depreciation in exchange for not having to deal with the hassle of craigslist transaction fuckery from strangers, or embrace the hell you're going to go through trying to sell it yourself.

Sludig

Probably stuck private seller now. Something fell in garage and put small chip and crack in front fender. $160 for a new one eating what would already be slim chance at acceptable return from dealer. Now it's sell as is vs fix for private sale. Have it listed a few places now but I'm sure I'm such with it until spring. Probably not end of world esp if I can get like 4,600 out of it. Going to be cheaper than comparable going for 5-5.5 at dealers ( figure about that otd after haggle then add back in tax etc.)

So now trick is getting bike for right price solo. Hoping last week of year gives me some good leverage with those other reasons also. I wish id got it done this weekend though because besides the damage, weather is shaping up to be unridable this weekend. Goes from ride my trade in and leave with new to now have to leave the bike there and figure out a drop me off from someone assuming we even have decent weather.... I feel getting forced into a trailer rental coming on which always gives me a pucker working about a fall over after an hour ride on highway.

Sludig

Fall over on a trailer? Your last bit is confusing me.
I just dont trust straps not to move somehow even after trying to load the suspension on the bike. The versys 1000 is 550lbs so a bit heavier and top heavy compared to my cruiser. The uhaul trailors wheel chocks leave something to be desired. Location pretty much forces me onto 70+ mph highway when trailer requests under 55. (Or take a 45minute drive into close to 2 hours essentially going around denver or slow slow surface roads) So rather than taking it home stowed, I'd rather ride it myself.

Any case, went today and bargained on it. I need to clean bugs off the radiator. Chip in one of the luggage (I dont plan to really use). Some other gripes, but there were fairly firm that this was already near best closeout pricing and that $7900 was supposedly what they had into it. /shrug So 8200 and it's mine. Got the vulcan S listed but hopefully will go fast in that color come spring or maybe by then wife ready for a bigger bike and trade in on hers. Got my hopes up at a brunch with her boss and coworker he was talking about buying it, though he was leaning dual sport since he used to dirt bike.