What vehicle do you drive?

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Hmm, I haven't used a uhaul yet. I've got a roll on chock that we use and it's rock solid with straps.

But most of our bike trips are on baller Pit Bull trailer restraints.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I haven't sold anything on Craigslist in years, put the Grom up a few weeks ago and the amount scams/co-sellers is fucking insane. One guy left me 8 fucking voice mails offering to sell the bike for me, one of those times he spoofed my own phone number to call me. If I don't call you back it's obvious I don't want anything to do with you, pushy motherfuckers.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Odd, I got the deluge of like 6 texts that are clear fake + 1 reseller phone call. Not too bad considering. Still sad to be selling vulcan but no point in having both.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Finally got around to getting a project. 4.6 2v

Paid $800 for it. Drove it an hour home.

It has some shit to fix, but I didn't want some brand new car, or I'd of bought some brand new car. This is something to wrench on and fuck around with. I couldn't be happier with it, except for maybe the color?

I always laughed at these cars when I was younger. But after driving it, even with worn bushing, sagging springs, and shot shocks? It handles better than any honda I've ever driven (minus an S2000; I've never driven an NSX although I'd imagine the cougar holds zero candles to one), and even though its the low powered 4.6, and is pushed by a 3.23 peg leg diff? It feels plenty peppy even now.

Plans will include a full PI head swap, PI intake manifold, throttle body/MAF/Intake Piping, Headers, Exhaust, a better driveshaft, and a 4.10 TracLock Diff

Should pick me up 75ish hp, and much better acceleration from the rear end gear swap

I'm undecided what to do for suspension.

4433101401713089019.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

Ahh a cougar eh... turned the front of one of them into an arrow head in my first "real accident" in a 94 gmc jimmy.

Hekotat

Down to about 8k in debt, just sold the Grom and that's going to knock out 2,600 in debt, then I'm going to use my return to knock out another large chunk. The plan is to buy a used car under 10k at the end of the year.

I got it narrowed down to these choices.

BMW 128
Genesis Coupe (3.8 variant)
IS250/350
500 Abarth

I really like the idea of a Lexus now that I've been driving around in my Hooptie LS400. However, I miss driving a manual.

Sludig

If you have financial constraints etc, even if you do not of your own work, cost of parts on some of those doesn't seem worth it, and are they really even that nice if they are old enough to be $10k. If anything, get a Toyota of some flavor and keep the status symbol and fun to the Bike.

Between that ktm and maybe something else niche I think you would have more fun, and get more pizzaz out of your money than an older lux car. And you know you would end up wanting to do a bunch of shit to it.

I wish i had found motorcycling before i spent as much as i did trucking out my truck.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
So, I am going to be in the market for a new vehicle soon. I want a SUV with good backseat room. I totally overpurchased on my current vehicle, and while I like the vehicle, it's just not worth the monthly payment. I want to buy "smarter" this time. Whats the best value SUV out there? I mean, which one gives you the most options and luxury for the price? I tend to think the Jeep Grand Cherokee is a great vehicle for the price/features. If I were smart I'd just buy a fucking Civic. Acura MDX?

dolaan

Golden Knight of the Realm
I had the Grand Cherokee and I got to tell you I really hated it. I liked the looks but the bluetooth/phone constantly did not work and believe it or not it was not that great in the snow. My wife has a wrangler and it is such a better vehicle.

• 1Like

Sludig

What are you trying to fit inside? A lot of people overlook 4 door hatches, especially if you enjoy spirited driving. VW GTI fairly sporty, nicer interior than most american, pretty affordable unless you spring for the Golf R or something. Not sure how much dimensians change, I know 4 door is longer to compensate, but my 2 door R32 (same thing with a v6) had an entire set of wheels and tires in the back. As a bachelor it was great for moving tons of shit.

Otherwise 4runner, amazing but perhaps outside of your price range.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Take a look at Mazda for midsize SUV. They've been crushing it lately. CX-9 is probably most comparable to the Grand Cherokee but the CX-5 could be a more wallet-friendly choice without sacrificing too much. Mazda is doing a good job of giving both their interiors and exteriors a luxury-lite feel while also still being super sporty and fun to drive.

Siliconemelons

So, I am going to be in the market for a new vehicle soon. I want a SUV with good backseat room. I totally overpurchased on my current vehicle, and while I like the vehicle, it's just not worth the monthly payment. I want to buy "smarter" this time. Whats the best value SUV out there? I mean, which one gives you the most options and luxury for the price? I tend to think the Jeep Grand Cherokee is a great vehicle for the price/features. If I were smart I'd just buy a fucking Civic. Acura MDX?

A gran Cherokee is not cheap, but it is damn nice and actually capable - off road. If you done care about pulling or off road... for the same $ u can get a lux level crossover that's much better "driving"

3rd row? If no- Mazda cx5 is sex and cheaper than a grand Cherokee and just as good or better tech. If u want lux and new, checkout the new infiniti qx50.

3rd row? Buick enclave or the gmc/chevy variants are all new gen and a look nice. And all the Asian 3rd row crossovers are nice in their base or lux brand- pilot, highlander, pathfinder qx60 etc

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

The new Civic does have a huge ass back seat. I've fit three 6ft+ tall dudes in the back.

I'd also second the Wrangler over the Cherokee, but if you want legit back space, go for a Tahoe or Yukon. The newer Explorer is also pretty solid, and big interior, but feels cramped for some reason. Seats really "hug" you, but you can fit six folks in the back with the third row.

The new CRV's are also solid, top of the line gas mileage, and the technical features are better than all the others I've seen (Bluetooth, and other dash features, Honda sensing, etc).

Guess it also depends on the reason or desire for an SUV. Planning to do off road stuff, need reliable snow terrain driving, ride height, or something else?

Last edited:

Siliconemelons

A wrangler is a rough vehicle, it's not comfortable to drive or ride in... but it's a damn rock and basically the most capable off road thing you can get for a decent price.

A grand Cherokee is really the most off road and dynamic choice while still being comfortable and nice.

If you have the budget... Volvo XC90 and 60 are some of the nicest SUVs I have driven when I was looking the last round - we ended up with a QX60 because the wife preferred it and we got the deal we wanted.

Hekotat

If you have financial constraints etc, even if you do not of your own work, cost of parts on some of those doesn't seem worth it, and are they really even that nice if they are old enough to be $10k. If anything, get a Toyota of some flavor and keep the status symbol and fun to the Bike.

Between that ktm and maybe something else niche I think you would have more fun, and get more pizzaz out of your money than an older lux car. And you know you would end up wanting to do a bunch of shit to it.

I wish i had found motorcycling before i spent as much as i did trucking out my truck.

Life's too short to drive boring cars...

Really leaning towards the Genesis or Lexus. Price of repairs and reliability is what I'm basing those decisions off of.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Finally got around to getting a project. 4.6 2v

Paid $800 for it. Drove it an hour home.

It has some shit to fix, but I didn't want some brand new car, or I'd of bought some brand new car. This is something to wrench on and fuck around with. I couldn't be happier with it, except for maybe the color?

I always laughed at these cars when I was younger. But after driving it, even with worn bushing, sagging springs, and shot shocks? It handles better than any honda I've ever driven (minus an S2000; I've never driven an NSX although I'd imagine the cougar holds zero candles to one), and even though its the low powered 4.6, and is pushed by a 3.23 peg leg diff? It feels plenty peppy even now.

Plans will include a full PI head swap, PI intake manifold, throttle body/MAF/Intake Piping, Headers, Exhaust, a better driveshaft, and a 4.10 TracLock Diff

Should pick me up 75ish hp, and much better acceleration from the rear end gear swap

I'm undecided what to do for suspension.

View attachment 158604

my first car was a 1992 Mercury Cougar 25th anniversary edition. was such an awesome car, i was so stupid for treating it like shit. enjoy your new ride man, they're definitely a potential "sleeper" hot rod.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Take a look at Mazda for midsize SUV. They've been crushing it lately. CX-9 is probably most comparable to the Grand Cherokee but the CX-5 could be a more wallet-friendly choice without sacrificing too much. Mazda is doing a good job of giving both their interiors and exteriors a luxury-lite feel while also still being super sporty and fun to drive.

Mazda "infotainment" system sucks balls though. I've been looking at Honda crv, Ford escape, or Subaru Forrester for smaller suv

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Mazda "infotainment" system sucks balls though. I've been looking at Honda crv, Ford escape, or Subaru Forrester for smaller suv
If the infotainment center is critical, go Honda, or go luxury (Lexus, BMW, Mercedes), otherwise you'll be disappointed. Ford, Chevy, Mazda, they all suck asshole.

• 1Like