What vehicle do you drive?

Siliconemelons

Z's are nice, I just don't fit in them or I may look into one.

Stupid EU and their freedom restricting taxes and laws on cars. Haha.

BMW M series really love adding the blue blue red accents to things, saw one with 3 grill slats painted to match, kinda cool.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Z's are nice, I just don't fit in them or I may look into one.

Stupid EU and their freedom restricting taxes and laws on cars. Haha.

BMW M series really love adding the blue blue red accents to things, saw one with 3 grill slats painted to match, kinda cool.

My 340xi has the MSport body with the black grill and I did that with my grill. They are actually plastic inserts designed for the grill but the same idea.

zcwoaod-jpg.112144

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's not elevation that determines octane requirements. It's compression ratio of the engine (which is determined by boost - turbos or superchargers - and intake/exhaust manifold designs, pressures, and air:fuel ratios). California only having 91 is due to politics and taxes. It's a shit state. Hellcats are not $120k. Mine was $72,000 fully loaded (without auto, which would have been another $3,000).

We aim to educate in this family.
I was ballparking, I'm really suprised to hear it was that low, maybe that's more the demon or whatever that came after.

What a car takes, yes determined by those things, I wasn't saying at elevation the recommended per say changes. But in CO, and I thought surrounding like Wyoming, you will not see 93 and higher except at specialty places. Our mid grade and bottom tier likewise 2 pts lower. I was always told this and seen it repeated on facebook etc, it's because of the lower air pressure etc. Quick googling now that you said this makes it appear it's outdated information in the era of carbeurated cars, and not applicable with modern cars. /shrug.

Some knock state’s lower octane levels – The Denver Post
Vacationers, beware: Bad gas can damage your car

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

That's been around for decades. But, it's not $7,000. I have just about the least fuel efficient car in America - which I also bought in California, btw - and the GG tax was under $2,000. So yes, you're right that there are extra costs due to poor MPG (not just because it's a V8; many 6 cylinder, 10, and 12's have it as well) but not the engine configuration and not to the extent you posited. Cost of fun though, I guess.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was ballparking, I'm really suprised to hear it was that low, maybe that's more the demon or whatever that came after.

What a car takes, yes determined by those things, I wasn't saying at elevation the recommended per say changes. But in CO, and I thought surrounding like Wyoming, you will not see 93 and higher except at specialty places. Our mid grade and bottom tier likewise 2 pts lower. I was always told this and seen it repeated on facebook etc, it's because of the lower air pressure etc. Quick googling now that you said this makes it appear it's outdated information in the era of carbeurated cars, and not applicable with modern cars. /shrug.

Some knock state’s lower octane levels – The Denver Post
Vacationers, beware: Bad gas can damage your car

Yeah, the Demon is a lot more out of the gate and many dealers were trying to add an ADM on top to swindle some more profits. So, that particular model was over $100,000. Which, I think, is really stupid. It's not a $100k+ car. Hell (lol) it's not even really a $70k+ car. But, it a ton of fun and one of the last silly cars - with a manual option - that also happens to be very comfortable. So, whatever. We can't take it with us. Might as well have fun.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I can't stop looking at the new miata and miata RF. I've never been a fan of Miatas and always thought they looked horrible but fuck they look good now. Sucks I can't afford either.

DSC_0108.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, the new Miata hardtop looks awesome. That said, if I get something impractical again, it has to be faster than a Miata.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user