What vehicle do you drive?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's a very cool little car when done right. 250-275 hp would be perfect for something so small and lite.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yeah kind of baffling why it only has 155hp, I feel like 200hp is the norm these days and they could have easily accomplished that.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
So they finally make a Miata that isn't strictly for chicks and soy boys and they give it less HP than a Civic?

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

They use the same engine in every vehicle and they have a turbo variant, so I don't know what the hell they were thinking. I did read next year's will get a 30-35hp bump. I hope it's the turbo version so it'll have much more potential.

Hekotat

Looks like projector housings so he doesn't blind the fuck out of oncoming traffic.

Some people just slap HIDs into classic cars and it is really bad for oncoming traffic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Madikus

Knows nothing.
What's with the headlights?

Those are retrofit, focused HID kits. Allows me to have fully adjustable beams, hi-beams, and looks cool as fuck (imo). Uses stock wiring harness to the ballast too!

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Most likely going to do the Care by Volvo for my next car. XC40 R Design in either white/black or blue/black... I can't decide yet.

XC40 R Design Choices.jpg

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Most likely going to do the Care by Volvo for my next car. XC40 R Design in either white/black or blue/black... I can't decide yet.

View attachment 164836

How is the inside room on that...vs the 60? I only have sat in the new 90 and it was glorious, but too much $$... haven't sat in the new 60 or this new 40 yet... saw one at the dealer as i drove to work- looked cool...not as small as the pics seem to indicate.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
The back looks like a Land Rover Evoque, slick at the price of good visibility

Fadaar

That guy
Don't remember if I posted this or not, got it back in October

edit: added second pic that's not quite as potato low light quality, but also more recent with the step bars

IMG_20171012_191341.jpg

IMG_20180121_141258.jpg

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Since I never did end up buying the other car, I am currently eyeballing one of these. Nice and understated with some added functionality as a daily-driver.

18' Golf R w/ DSG

(Random picture, but one I am looking at is the same 'Indium Grey' color.
16.jpg

View attachment 164836

This was another consideration. That Volvo program is pretty enticing.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
How is the inside room on that...vs the 60? I only have sat in the new 90 and it was glorious, but too much $$... haven't sat in the new 60 or this new 40 yet... saw one at the dealer as i drove to work- looked cool...not as small as the pics seem to indicate.

Yeah it's defintiely on the small side in terms of SUVs. My wife has a CRV and it's a bit smaller than that I think. Smaller than say an Audi Q5, it competes with the Q3.

Inside is amazing, it's almost too nice. But I'm coming from a Kia Optima hah. Plenty of room for me, my wife and 2 kids 10 and 6.

700 a month for the R Design subscription but that includes insurance and maintenance plus some other things. 600 a month for the Momentum trim.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Since I never did end up buying the other car, I am currently eyeballing one of these. Nice and understated with some added functionality as a daily-driver.

18' Golf R w/ DSG

(Random picture, but one I am looking at is the same 'Indium Grey' color.
View attachment 164847

This was another consideration. That Volvo program is pretty enticing.
The R's price vs the GTI is kinda absurd. But last I looked, unless you are open to doing mods yourself, it's the way to go if you like aggressive zoom zoom. I'd still much prefer the v6 in the R instead of the GTI's turbo'd 4. But the R32 suffered a bunch of issues in the US including vapor lock seeming behavior in hot climates because of insufficient shielding of fuel lines from hot area's when you design a v6 in a tiny engine bay in cool europe then import to the US.....

The DSG is wonderful and almost enough reason alone, though I'm not sure what it's feel is like on a turbo vs a NA.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Hopefully the A7 doesn't suffer from the same god awful throttle response my new S5 has, but I don't think it does since it uses a double clutch tranny instead of the 8 speed ZF used in the S series.

Fucking throttle lag blows in the new S4/S5's unless you drive it in Dynamic-S all the time, in which case you get about 15mpg. Dunno wtf Audi was thinking.