What vehicle do you drive?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Wait... no classics from the 70's? Before I even get into how my first car (79 Monte Carlo) begs to differ I believe this can be settled with two words:

El Camino
1972_chevrolet_el_camino-pic-17661-640x480.jpeg
that car is beautiful and a legit classic.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
If it is written off, I'm ordering me a brand new Ford Ranger, 4 door, regular bed, four wheel drive, manual transmission. I'm torn. I'd rather not spend the money, but it would be a sweet truck to have. But I do like my little, old truck.

Sorry no Manual Trans on the new Ranger, they are all a brand new 10 speed automatic. You will have a long wait. They arent coming out in the US til end of next year. They are also making a Raptor Ranger, which is extra retarded.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm suprised in this day and age it's not just easier to reproduce basically all the bodywork etc for these cars rather than a fortune and time to find all the bits and pieces needed.

Related since some of you are into this shit. Wife has a like 69 or 71 something like that Torino that's in her dads garage for the last 10 years. Painfully slowly being restored. They are getting close but kinda stalled. Some bits that need installed, seats recovered etc. But driveable. One of their big missing peices is a the correct plastic grill for the thing. They have another one that fits and I guess is a different model year or something. (And some cracks etc in it's fucking light diffuser looking face)

Any good idea's on where to look. I suspect if I was properly motivated I could do better searching online then her dad.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I imagine tabs could be worked around. The top listing looks like the one I think they have. (GT vs non GT?)

I always wished theyd finish it, rather than FIL's garage permanently full. (The sister has another old car not even remotely close to done also). Course my garage is already full between our 3 motorcycles and her car.... and bigger torino just make getting the bikes out harder. Another reason to buy some land and put up a proper large garage.

Brad2770

I imagine tabs could be worked around. The top listing looks like the one I think they have. (GT vs non GT?)

I always wished theyd finish it, rather than FIL's garage permanently full. (The sister has another old car not even remotely close to done also). Course my garage is already full between our 3 motorcycles and her car.... and bigger torino just make getting the bikes out harder. Another reason to buy some land and put up a proper large garage.

There is a place in South Dallas that deals specifically with grills and bumpers. The only draw back is the few times I needed to go, it was newer models. I’ll try calling them today. I also need to find out more about the grill to find out about the tabs and pieces around the lights. I also don’t know about the GT and Non-GT. When I get off of work, I’ll check into that stuff as well. I like this kind of stuff, so I hope I’m able to help.

**Edit-

This might be one of your best chances if the ‘68 fits

1968 Ford Torino Fairlane Ranchero GT OEM Grille Complete with Rings & Buckets | eBay

Also, is it a 6 cylinder or an 8? If it’s an 8, do you know the factory engine/carburetor stats?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Sorry no Manual Trans on the new Ranger, they are all a brand new 10 speed automatic. You will have a long wait. They arent coming out in the US til end of next year. They are also making a Raptor Ranger, which is extra retarded.

Yeah, I just discovered that, too. No manual transmission is a serious disappointment. Might have to reconsider.

In any case, finally heard back from the other stupid insurance company. They're going to fix my old, little truck. $3,900 worth of damage was better than totaling a 1999 Ranger. Oh, well. It's a super reliable truck that's going to have a brand new paint job. Can't complain.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I drive a Mazda 2013 CX-5 with manual transmission as I am a frugal bastard. And I like manuals.

However, if anyone of my bruhs here would like an employee discount for GM vehicles PM me. I have a ton of them I can give away. Lowers up to $5k or so off MSRP of GM vehicles and if you find the right dealer they'll let you stack it with other deals. Usually involves an intelligent lot manager as they know that selling more GM vehicles benefits them greatly for the next years' models.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I drive a Mazda 2013 CX-5 with manual transmission as I am a frugal bastard. And I like manuals.

However, if anyone of my bruhs here would like an employee discount for GM vehicles PM me. I have a ton of them I can give away. Lowers up to $5k or so off MSRP of GM vehicles and if you find the right dealer they'll let you stack it with other deals. Usually involves an intelligent lot manager as they know that selling more GM vehicles benefits them greatly for the next years' models.

There are already commercials for 15-20% off MSRP on GM trucks and SUVs. And these are manufacturer commercials, not rando_dealer_547. Their business model makes no sense some times.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Manual shifting is a thing of the past. Electric cars have 1 forward gear.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Manual shifting is a thing of the past. Electric cars have 1 forward gear.

Even non electric cars now have high performance 8+ speed automatic transmissions that are all but unbeatable by someone working a clutch.

Siliconemelons

The Leaf is a machine of lies... it knows it's only going to get like 65ish miles.

Kids unplugged her this morning and didn't fully close the battery flap... riding to lunch and the damn charge port cover thing pops open on the highway lol. As if driving this "very Nissan" looking this was not embarrassing enough - lol but... no gas is sweeet

IMG_20180606_0919379.jpg

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Even non electric cars now have high performance 8+ speed automatic transmissions that are all but unbeatable by someone working a clutch.

While it's faster, it's just not as fun. I wish F1 would go back to manual transmissions, I feel like they removed some of the skill ceiling by going paddle shifters. They basically removed all the fancy footwork from the equation.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Add insult to injury. I'm still in a rental because the repairs on my truck are so delayed. Today someone hit my rental car in the parking lot. They were illegals without insurance.

Shit is just getting better and better.

• 3Rustled
Reactions: 2 users