What vehicle do you drive?

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
D324AC3C-BA98-4D7E-A288-23B2472C90AF.jpeg
FF5E83D0-93A7-456A-B1D5-A0749649825A.jpeg
BBC29A4B-9AB8-4DDB-9804-AB0C118C4AB6.jpeg
EB66B71D-A2F1-47B3-88A6-3666D8176AB5.jpeg

Made some changes, stupid badge flair, mud flaps, obnoxious F1 break light, and a new head unit. Still need to install the turbo blanket I got, then get an AOS and an access port, before doing all the real performance mods and a pro tune. Taking it slow because moving back to the States and buying a new house, drained the savings.

• 5Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 5 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Shouldn't that dragon have glasses on?
i'm asian, near sighted, far sighted and color blind, i literally drive looking at the position of the stop light, not the color, top means stop, low means go, middle to the peddle, if dmv are dumb enough to let me have a license so should Brahma Brahma

man-wearing-coke-bottle-glasses-smiling-close-up.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
i'm asian, near sighted, far sighted and color blind, i literally drive looking at the position of the stop light, not the color, top means stop, low means go, middle to the peddle, if dmv are dumb enough to let me have a license so should Brahma Brahma

Slight derail but I used to have an electrician that worked for me that was color blind. For reference, all the wiring is color coded. I would take him to the panels and show him 'this bundle is white, this bundle is black/red/etc'. He made up all my panels; correctly.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

My wife was legally blind without corrective lenses until she got ICL about 10 years ago

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm
vMwDMHa.jpg

picked this up friday night. 2000 328i with a manual trans in 'fern green metallic'. was parked in an old mans yard since 2009.
84,000 miles on a 23 year old car lol.. his wife drove it so no dumb modifications, she's completely stock inside and out. not even a window tint or aftermarket radio. barely running when i picked her up. super rough idle and warning lights galore on the cluster. i drained/replaced the 2009 oil/oil filter. pumped out 8 gallons of nearly brown "gas" and put in a new fuel pump... some fresh 93 octane with a dash of sea foam. replaced lower and upper intake boots which were both cracked. cleaned the MAF and replaced air filter. she purrs like a kitten now. the check engine lights cleared up after the 3rd short test drive. it's hard to see in this photo but the clear coat on the hood/roof/trunk lid are pretty much fucked from sitting under a tree 14 years. when the car isn't wet those areas are pitted and chalky white. i'm going to try to wet sand them down and polish but its pretty bad. aside from fluids and minor repairs i spent most the weekend cleaning out and treating the door jams/gaskets, cleaning out the hood and trunk jams that were overflowing with composted sludge, and removing tons of leaves/acorns/bug-nests from the engine bay (looked like squirrels were living under the manifold cover and storing food there).. something is grinding in the wheels, i think some brake pistons might be seized up but haven't had a chance to dig into it...the rotors and calipers are rusted bad, but the suspension looks great. RIP my wallet bros

• 9Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 9 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
vMwDMHa.jpg

picked this up friday night. 2000 328i with a manual trans in 'fern green metallic'. was parked in an old mans yard since 2009.
84,000 miles on a 23 year old car lol.. his wife drove it so no dumb modifications, she's completely stock inside and out. not even a window tint or aftermarket radio. barely running when i picked her up. super rough idle and warning lights galore on the cluster. i drained/replaced the 2009 oil/oil filter. pumped out 8 gallons of nearly brown "gas" and put in a new fuel pump... some fresh 93 octane with a dash of sea foam. replaced lower and upper intake boots which were both cracked. cleaned the MAF and replaced air filter. she purrs like a kitten now. the check engine lights cleared up after the 3rd short test drive. it's hard to see in this photo but the clear coat on the hood/roof/trunk lid are pretty much fucked from sitting under a tree 14 years. when the car isn't wet those areas are pitted and chalky white. i'm going to try to wet sand them down and polish but its pretty bad. aside from fluids and minor repairs i spent most the weekend cleaning out and treating the door jams/gaskets, cleaning out the hood and trunk jams that were overflowing with composted sludge, and removing tons of leaves/acorns/bug-nests from the engine bay (looked like squirrels were living under the manifold cover and storing food there).. something is grinding in the wheels, i think some brake pistons might be seized up but haven't had a chance to dig into it...the rotors and calipers are rusted bad, but the suspension looks great. RIP my wallet bros

Hit that bitch with a clay bar, then scratch wax the really bad spots and wax it afterwards and it'll be looking really good again. I was shocked how much a claybar cleared up the white pitted spots on my ST.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
E46 is life. Great driving cars once they're taken care of, definite future classic so keep it in decent shape and it's only going to go up in value.

There's a bunch of vacuum hoses and a few blind plugs under the manifold that dry out and crack too, get those while you're at it. TBH every BMW of that era I've gotten my hands on (I'm on my 6th or 7th I think) I just pull the manifold and replace every rubber part at once. There's a drain hose from the PCV to the dipstick that likes to dry rot and make a mess. I also do the oil filter housing gasket and the valve cover gasket that always leak if they haven't been done yet. Bunch of work at the start but none of it is hard and when you get it all done you're set for years.

Alcohol is great for getting rid of tree sap and thanks to two years of the coof, bottles of it are strewn about everywhere.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
vMwDMHa.jpg

Excited to see the updates of the LS swap.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

Hard Mode:

3755321212_817de40271_b.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1GreNeg
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Hit that bitch with a clay bar, then scratch wax the really bad spots and wax it afterwards and it'll be looking really good again. I was shocked how much a claybar cleared up the white pitted spots on my ST.
tip, plumbers putty does the same job for pennies

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
tip, plumbers putty does the same job for pennies
Clay mitts are so much easier than using a bar that it's worth the cost of $25. Plus, if you drop the mitt, you can usually wash it off.

Also, wax is subpar protection, unless you like waxing every 6 months, at the latest. There are some "cheep" ceramic coating you can do yourself that should last around two years. Expensive and difficult to apply ceramic coats can last around 5 years. The polishes like Rejex and Zanio should both last a year, and you can layer them right from the start to get a deep wet look to the paint.

Clay mitt example (it worked well enough, but it's the only mitt I have used, so nothing to compare it to):

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Never tried a Mitt, might give it a shot the next time I have to do an older car. As for waxing I personally like doing it, it's one of the few things that clear my mind.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Clay mitts are so much easier than using a bar that it's worth the cost of $25. Plus, if you drop the mitt, you can usually wash it off.

Also, wax is subpar protection, unless you like waxing every 6 months, at the latest. There are some "cheep" ceramic coating you can do yourself that should last around two years. Expensive and difficult to apply ceramic coats can last around 5 years. The polishes like Rejex and Zanio should both last a year, and you can layer them right from the start to get a deep wet look to the paint.

Clay mitt example (it worked well enough, but it's the only mitt I have used, so nothing to compare it to):
i have both microtowl mits and regular towels, and most of the time prefer the mitts

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Exhaust I want for daily I bought yesterday is $7,800

877b0bba914dd0901abae4e400d5b780.jpg
Lol you think that’s expensive… Don’t even wanna say how much I dropped on my pista’s novitec exhaust.

• 3OK, Sure
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 5 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
View attachment 462089View attachment 462090View attachment 462091View attachment 462092
Made some changes, stupid badge flair, mud flaps, obnoxious F1 break light, and a new head unit. Still need to install the turbo blanket I got, then get an AOS and an access port, before doing all the real performance mods and a pro tune. Taking it slow because moving back to the States and buying a new house, drained the savings.

That's clean as fuck. Did you ad the accents around the environmental controls? Also the yellow covers/brakes?