What vehicle do you drive?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
That's clean as fuck. Did you ad the accents around the environmental controls? Also the yellow covers/brakes?
Thanks man! I am really happy how it turned out. That year came with the calipers that color, which is why I went with the badges and F1 break light being the “same” color. Interior lights are actually red.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
vMwDMHa.jpg

picked this up friday night. 2000 328i with a manual trans in 'fern green metallic'. was parked in an old mans yard since 2009.
84,000 miles on a 23 year old car lol.. his wife drove it so no dumb modifications, she's completely stock inside and out. not even a window tint or aftermarket radio. barely running when i picked her up. super rough idle and warning lights galore on the cluster. i drained/replaced the 2009 oil/oil filter. pumped out 8 gallons of nearly brown "gas" and put in a new fuel pump... some fresh 93 octane with a dash of sea foam. replaced lower and upper intake boots which were both cracked. cleaned the MAF and replaced air filter. she purrs like a kitten now. the check engine lights cleared up after the 3rd short test drive. it's hard to see in this photo but the clear coat on the hood/roof/trunk lid are pretty much fucked from sitting under a tree 14 years. when the car isn't wet those areas are pitted and chalky white. i'm going to try to wet sand them down and polish but its pretty bad. aside from fluids and minor repairs i spent most the weekend cleaning out and treating the door jams/gaskets, cleaning out the hood and trunk jams that were overflowing with composted sludge, and removing tons of leaves/acorns/bug-nests from the engine bay (looked like squirrels were living under the manifold cover and storing food there).. something is grinding in the wheels, i think some brake pistons might be seized up but haven't had a chance to dig into it...the rotors and calipers are rusted bad, but the suspension looks great. RIP my wallet bros

Everyone is finding deals lately!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah the headline should be that it aims to replace pizza delivery vehicles or mail trucks in cities or something. A single seater bike with small trunk space is not a SUV replacement. SUVs are for hauling around your spouse, multiple kids and sports gear and dogs and shit that would not fit on that lame tricycle.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Shit, we were all wrong to doubt Foler has a Pista, I found it

Attachments

• 03A4E13E-D0C1-4445-8304-6149D954135F.jpeg
    03A4E13E-D0C1-4445-8304-6149D954135F.jpeg
    457 KB · Views: 49
  • 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck, Mclaren is still the sexiest shit on the road.

What do you guys use to get bugs off a car without removing the wax? I knew a guy that used to use PAM but I'm still not 100% sure he wasn't fucking with me.

Just dish soap and warm-ish water with a soft sponge.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kazjim

Blackwing Lair Raider
Picking this up tomorrow.
New project.

It's a little rough, needs some serious love, but I think there is a cool bobber hiding underneath....

336360416_6224935434288525_354785522474636633_n.jpg

337645010_6266646526731464_5841259292969404769_n.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
The glossy black center trim looks so bad compared to the matte black in mine. Still jealous if you're picking up an R. Hopefully you're not getting it for the ludicrous 70-80k that seemed to be the standard prices last year.
No dude... I am very lucky that I have had a long and prosperous relationship with my VW peeps. And yes, it's a 20th anniversary edition.

But man, there are some douchebags out there. Lots of VW dealers upping the price.

Happy to out one of them below (don't ever give him/them your business):

We have a black 2023 Golf R in stock. It is priced at $67,000.

Let me know if interested.

Thanks,

Tony Caruso
Toms River VW

Tony Caruso
Sales and Leasing Consultant
Toms River Auto Group
256 NJ-37 East, Toms River, NJ 08753

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No dude... I am very lucky that I have had a long and prosperous relationship with my VW peeps. And yes, it's a 20th anniversary edition.

But man, there are some douchebags out there. Lots of VW dealers upping the price.

Happy to out one of them below (don't ever give him/them your business):

Are the steering wheel controls tough to use like the reviews say?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Are the steering wheel controls tough to use like the reviews say?

They aren't, the only issue I've had is accidentally turning on the Heated Steering Wheel once or twice. It was blown wildly out of proportion. However, having no buttons for anything really sucks when you're trying to do anything while driving from the center console such as adjust climate controls.

EDIT: My only real complaint is you can't turn off the driver assists, they come back on. My GTI slammed on the brakes at 80mph on 75 Thursday and almost caused me to lose control because I wasn't expecting it.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
does anyone use these shitty tools?, i heard about this cuz the tn plant is gonna be huge now

i guess craftsman "would have" been good if sears was still around, you can return any broken craftsman, no questions asked, but there are no sears anywhere.
actually when i was in topeka, they closed out the last sears, i bought a bunch of pegboard stuff for pennies, but the craftsman wrenches and shit were still 20$