What vehicle do you drive?

kazjim

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fixed my fuel tank.
(This bike is a bit rough, and I modify / restomod bikes . . it's a hobby)

Before:

IMG_6125.jpeg

After:
IMG_6143.jpeg

Fuck yeah.

• 11Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 12 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fixed my fuel tank.
(This bike is a bit rough, and I modify / restomod bikes . . it's a hobby)

Before:

View attachment 466400

After:
View attachment 466401

Fuck yeah.
How did that even happen. The way the P and the H are damaged, it kinda looks like a skid, but it's such a weird angle and damage looks too localized to be a skid? Transported on a trailer with other poorly secured items maybe, and created a rub?

kazjim

Blackwing Lair Raider
How did that even happen. The way the P and the H are damaged, it kinda looks like a skid, but it's such a weird angle and damage looks too localized to be a skid? Transported on a trailer with other poorly secured items maybe, and created a rub?

The front guard and headlight are also scraped, and so is the rear indicator. . . I'm thinking a low-speed 'wobble' into something and then a drop.
It's a bit top-heavy with a full tank, so yeah, it's not out of the ordinary that much.

Also, most of this stuff is going away, very soon . . .

IMG_6123.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So I snagged some caliper covers. Now I just want a good cold air intake. K/N was the go to back when I was young. Any suggestions?

aaa.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So I snagged some caliper covers. Now I just want a good cold air intake. K/N was the go to back when I was young. Any suggestions?

View attachment 466489
if you want nice welds and best fitment, k&n is still good, since everyone will see that big ass pipe when you open the hood, you might as well splurge for a bling version

or you can just get an ebay no name and you might have to grind a few mm's and save literally hundreds.

i've also seen mishimo and aem mods

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>

View attachment 466489
Are you getting a tune afterwards? I’m certainly no expert, but what I’ve seen so far for the STI is that the majority of the performance mods won’t have any impact until a tune.

Also I bet there is way better quality than K&N.

Last edited:

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Are you getting a tune afterwards? I’m certainly no expert, but what I’ve seen so far for the STI is that the majority of the performance mods won’t have any impact until a tune.

Also I bet there is way better quality than K&N.

I've done a few cold air intakes over the years. From My 5.0 to my previous Challenger. As long as the distance isn't too much of a change, and you are actually getting it away from any hot air (Lets say the manifold). Or installing a heat shield with it you're fine as far as tuning goes. My Mustang I had dyno'd and it gained about 10 HP for 150 bucks! Sounded awesome to boot! That was 5-20 years ago. So I may need to see what tuning may be needed like you suggest.

My 2012 Challenger did nothing. Then again I did a run down to the front fender.

K/N as far as I know made good quality products. I never had any issues. I kind of see it like a toaster. You are just browning bread. You are just sucking in cold air. You really need a 500 dollar toaster?

BUT I am always open to suggestions as far as brand and quality. Any in mind? Any you've used that you recommend?

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
I've done a few cold air intakes over the years. From My 5.0 to my previous Challenger. As long as the distance isn't too much of a change, and you are actually getting it away from any hot air (Lets say the manifold). Or installing a heat shield with it you're fine as far as tuning goes. My Mustang I had dyno'd and it gained about 10 HP for 150 bucks! Sounded awesome to boot! That was 5-20 years ago. So I may need to see what tuning may be needed like you suggest.

My 2012 Challenger did nothing. Then again I did a run down to the front fender.

K/N as far as I know made good quality products. I never had any issues. I kind of see it like a toaster. You are just browning bread. You are just sucking in cold air. You really need a 500 dollar toaster?

BUT I am always open to suggestions as far as brand and quality. Any in mind? Any you've used that you recommend?
Well that all depends....is this toaster carbon fiber!?!1?!

I looked a bit last night after I posted and it would seem for Challengers, K&N is the most popular. Also seems like some specific brands/models require tunes where others do not. I think it really just comes down to what the individual is looking for.

I did find it really interesting how different the options are between my car and yours. Completely different manufacturers for aftermarket bolt-ons, etc...even in the mentality of the people modding their ride.

Like I said, not an expert at all!

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Well that all depends....is this toaster carbon fiber!?!1?!

I looked a bit last night after I posted and it would seem for Challengers, K&N is the most popular. Also seems like some specific brands/models require tunes where others do not. I think it really just comes down to what the individual is looking for.

I did find it really interesting how different the options are between my car and yours. Completely different manufacturers for aftermarket bolt-ons, etc...even in the mentality of the people modding their ride.

Like I said, not an expert at all!

Ya. I changed the CAI on my previous Challenger and it did nothing but change the sound a bit. It's all over the place car by car. CAI model by model.

I said fuck it and just changed the filter. The Flowmaster's give it waaaay more than enough growl at this point.

I WISH I was an expert, so I didn't need to do so much reading and guessing a lot of times.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Ya. I changed the CAI on my previous Challenger and it did nothing but change the sound a bit. It's all over the place car by car. CAI model by model.

I said fuck it and just changed the filter. The Flowmaster's give it waaaay more than enough growl at this point.

I WISH I was an expert, so I didn't need to do so much reading and guessing a lot of times.

• 1Mother of God

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

From the outside, it looks like the Challenger has a huge open grill area. Can you do a ram air upgrade for it? That should be one of the best intake mods?

As for the twin-turbo linked above, just doing that is a terrible (but fun) idea! All the stock parts are designed for a certain HP range and a turbo just blows that out of the water; which will increase stress on the drive train and more costs when it all breaks at the track or under heavy driving.

You need to sink in a good chunk of money if you are going to go over 100HP increase to stock. Drive shaft and Clutch are probably first in line, then maybe rear diff, and cam. It's been some years since I knew people dumping money for mods into their car like that, so I don't remember what all they did when they got to various HP levels. Some of them learned the heard way when shit broke and it was "where's your car?" "Oh, in the shop again."

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
From the outside, it looks like the Challenger has a huge open grill area. Can you do a ram air upgrade for it? That should be one of the best intake mods?

As for the twin-turbo linked above, just doing that is a terrible (but fun) idea! All the stock parts are designed for a certain HP range and a turbo just blows that out of the water; which will increase stress on the drive train and more costs when it all breaks at the track or under heavy driving.

You need to sink in a good chunk of money if you are going to go over 100HP increase to stock. Drive shaft and Clutch are probably first in line, then maybe rear diff, and cam. It's been some years since I knew people dumping money for mods into their car like that, so I don't remember what all they did when they got to various HP levels. Some of them learned the heard way when shit broke and it was "where's your car?" "Oh, in the shop again."

Yeah. Done with mods once I get that CAI. Between that and the cat back I'm good.

I'm not looking to drag anyone. Just some fun/stupid shit that I can point to when my friends come over with their faggy ass electric cars. Like I changed out some (Like minuscule) of the trim for red "carbon fiber". My carbon fiber gas cap cover will be here today I hope. Along with a red stick shift. Small fun things.

I learned decades ago that fuckin with your cars engine is a recipe for a big ass bill in the shop. My 5.0 stayed in the shop more than the street!

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah. Done with mods once I get that CAI. Between that and the cat back I'm good.

I'm not looking to drag anyone. Just some fun/stupid shit that I can point to when my friends come over with their faggy ass electric cars. Like I changed out some (Like minuscule) of the trim for red "carbon fiber". My carbon fiber gas cap cover will be here today I hope. Along with a red stick shift. Small fun things.

I learned decades ago that fuckin with your cars engine is a recipe for a big ass bill in the shop. My 5.0 stayed in the shop more than the street!

Mopar has the worst aftermarket support, unfortunately. Fewer options and they cost more. There's not a lot you can do to the 5.7 for more power other than heads/cam/tune, or a blower. Both options cost so much more than Chevy and Ford and yield less.

If you just want a fun and comfy cruise though, the Challenger hits the mark great.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
New stick and fuel cover cover came in. Both look pretty good I think!

aaa.jpg
bbb.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 4 users

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Been looking for a smaller truck like a Ranger or Maverick but what the actual fuck with NO ONE having them and the wait for either is anywhere from 8 months to 2 and a half years...

• 1Cringe