What vehicle do you drive?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cool looking car. What's the range, realistically? I keep seeing OEMs quoting ranges and real world tests being 20-30% less. Is there good charging infrastructure where you are? That's a big downside in the States still.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I can go 350km on a full charge, realistically you stay in the 20-80% range in everyday use though, so roughly 200-250km depending on terrain and temperature.

Infrastructure is alright here in good old Germany. I can charge at home too and currently we don‘t do long range trips (plus we have the diesel with a huge trunk and a roofbox)

150kW / 204HP from 0 RPM and no shifter. It moves 😬

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I can go 350km on a full charge, realistically you stay in the 20-80% range in everyday use though, so roughly 200-250km depending on terrain and temperature.

Infrastructure is alright here in good old Germany. I can charge at home too and currently we don‘t do long range trips (plus we have the diesel with a huge trunk and a roofbox)

150kW / 204HP from 0 RPM and no shifter. It moves 😬

It's nice always leaving the house with 'a full tank o gas' isn't it? My one regret is the paint color, I forgot how quickly white gets dirty. Now I look like one of those car nuts who washes his car a few times a week =\

How's the regen braking in it?

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
It's nice always leaving the house with 'a full tank o gas' isn't it? My one regret is the paint color, I forgot how quickly white gets dirty. Now I look like one of those car nuts who washes his car a few times a week =\

How's the regen braking in it?
I wanted all-black like my Skoda but they only have an almost-black dark grey thing for the ID.3, so black/white was the next best thing. Yeah it gets dirty fast.

The regen braking is something you don‘t really notice, there‘s this thing called brake blending where the car uses regen exclusively until it comes to the point where that‘s not sufficient and it adds the mechanical brakes. People say it‘s not a full one-pedal car but I mostly use ACC anyway.

Never even used the „B“ mode which has even stronger regen braking when you lift the foot. „D“ gets the job done.

And yeah, charging saves a lot of time.

And I‘m fully aware, as stated in the Simpsons video, that a car that goes 0-60 in 7.5 or so and tops out at 100mph is slow, and 350km isn‘t that far, but Germany will be getting a speed limit sooner or later, so idc. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Cool looking car. What's the range, realistically? I keep seeing OEMs quoting ranges and real world tests being 20-30% less. Is there good charging infrastructure where you are? That's a big downside in the States still.
It's sort of a difference of expectations; the OEM's quote the EPA range which is a mix of city and highway driving. BEV's get better mileage the slower you go (some people have hyper-miled ~250 mile range Teslas going 22mph or whatever and made it 500+ miles on one charge), whereas gas cars generally get better mileage if you do a minimum of slowing down and keep the car in top gear in an efficient RPM range. So people get on the highway going 80mph in an electric car (like you would do in a gas car) and go wtf, the car has "300 miles" range, but I'm at 10% at 210 miles. What gives?

Meanwhile, if you drive your gas car in stop and go traffic you will run out of gas long before the fuel tank size * EPA mpg, but people expect that so it doesn't bother them. People don't really expect the BEV highway range thing.

They're just different, and you should have different expectations.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Legazy

Molten Core Raider
Sooooo finally pulled the trigger and purchased something that hopefully will last me a long long time (10 - 15 years?).

001.jpg
002.jpg

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i thought they were entirely anti turbo and only put em on lexus's for zip

All Lexus models bar the huge suv have a turbo option and I consider them Toyota since....they are. But, newer models of Toyota are starting to have them as well. I think the GR Yaris is the first great one.

Legazy

Molten Core Raider
Fun fact I became aware of recently the Rav4 Prime is the fastest car Toyota makes since the Supra is made by BMW. And I really want one but they have 10k dealer markups right now.

Supra's are made by BMW? Shit, I just learned something new today (tonight).

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fun fact I became aware of recently the Rav4 Prime is the fastest car Toyota makes since the Supra is made by BMW. And I really want one but they have 10k dealer markups right now.

I like those guys. Never knew this existed.
I'm in a white RDX Aspec now but looking at the GV70 next. We'll see

White ASPEC.png

gv70.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I just discovered there is a Mercedes hatchback that didn't make it to the US, it looks fucking sick. Why do car companies hate my money?

1622476087104.png

1622476105965.png

1622476128610.png

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users