What We Do in the Shadows

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Talking Matt Berry scenes, not the show itself. The show has definitely had some stinkers. Matt Berry may have as well, but we're so far removed from then I can't remember. He and Mark Proksch are carrying the show the last two seasons.
Any episode that heavily features Lazlo is definitely at least "good" and most of them approach "great" status.

Colin and Lazlo definitely carried season 3, no question. That season would've easily been the worst without them, but I'm sure China Virus really fucked up a lot about that season as well. I feel like 80% of the "good" parts of this season have involved Lazlo. The other 20% being Nandor's running "Djinn" jokes that are pretty fucking hilarious and Nadja has had a few standout scenes as well. I feel like Mark Proksch has been almost a total non-factor this season.

Matt Berry's delivery is what is so goddamned hilarious. From his running "BAT!" gag, to the way he said, "Do your thing, boy!" when he was arguing with Nandor and wanted little Colin to Google some shit to prove his point, to the scene where he's giving the psych evaluation and keeps putting the hilarious emphasis on "sexxx" every time he asked if the dreams were of a "sexxxxual" nature. I realize that might just be who Matt Berry is as an actor in every role, but for the character of Lazlo it's fucking perfect.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think Nandor and Nadja are having a stronger season. lazlo and Colin aren't as great as they normally are and I feel like it should have been comedy gold for that scenario.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
They slow rolled the house flipper episode a little too much. My wife gave up and had to hear the payoff from me.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Didn't care for the newest episode. Tired of the gay stuff with Guillermo and baby Colin Robinson > adolescent Colin Robinson.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, the show is still good and has some pretty hilarious moments still, but this has definitely been their worst season for me. I think Nadja's club would've worked better as a 2-3 episode thing, more as a "background" location spaced throughout the season. It doesn't work as well being a constant focal point IMO.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Agreed, the Nadja plotline has been awful. I'm also sick of Kristen Schaal's character. Her terrible fake accent is just distracting and impossible to understand.

Wasn't a huge fan of the Laszlo/Colin plotline this episode.

Nandor was decent but it was dragged down by being tied into the Guillermo stuff.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I'm also sick of Kristen Schaal's character.

this is the only character I've seen her play that I wasn't immediately sick of.

I was tired of baby colin. Haven't seen enough adolescent colin to make a call on who's better, but he's got to start growing up to get back to the adult awesomeness.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
that's the season, right? It was still great, but it was definitely the worst season so far. Even the colin payoff wasn't enough.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Agreed, the Nadja plotline has been awful. I'm also sick of Kristen Schaal's character. Her terrible fake accent is just distracting and impossible to understand.

Wasn't a huge fan of the Laszlo/Colin plotline this episode.

Nandor was decent but it was dragged down by being tied into the Guillermo stuff.
I just looked up who that was and laughed because I fucking hate this cunt and think she ruined 30rock. Good to see her murdering every fucking show she appears on.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I just looked up who that was and laughed because I fucking hate this cunt and think she ruined 30rock. Good to see her murdering every fucking show she appears on.
Technical Tina Fey and the writers ruined 30 rock, Schaal mentions somewhere all the notes she got was be more like Kenneth.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
this season was pretty trash too much nandor and djinn, colin felt like drag show story hour and like only 1eps of the baron and sire?

i woulda been so happy if the baron came in all the time like jazzy jeff

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I thought they were going to go in a different direction with Colin - that each "version" of him feeds off a different source/emotion to tap energy. Would've been hilarious getting a version of Colin that feeds off anger/angst. Instead, they took the lazy way out and just completely invalidated almost the entire season. Felt bad for my boy Lazlo at the end.

Lazlo's song where he shits on the intelligence of the audience was pretty lulzy, but yeah, this is definitely the worst season so far.

• 1Like

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
ssssss
FyHMRB2agAEQS1O.jpg

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Still no sign of the second best vampire ever? (Next to Colin)

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users