What We Do in the Shadows

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Something cracks me the fuck up about Nadja's accent when she calls people "stupid donkeys".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Feel like Colin could have his own spinoff show.

The teleconference was too much real life, especially since my life is teleconferences now.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Colin's stuff always falls really flat for me. I guess because I don't work in an "office" environment, most of his antics just don't resonate with me.

Then again, I'm not a huge fan of most "omg this is just like real life!" style comedy. I'm a much larger fan of absurdity.

• 1Seriously?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did you hate Mike Judge movies (Office Space, Idiocracy)? Because that's essentially what his character is.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Colin is my favorite character. That was easily the best episode of the season so far.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Did you hate Mike Judge movies (Office Space, Idiocracy)? Because that's essentially what his character is.
I liked Office Space, but Idiocracy was "meh" in my opinion. I also can't stand Bevis and Butthead or King of the Hill. Did he do Silicon Valley? I liked that.

Don't get me wrong, Colin has his moments and I "get" the schtick, I just don't find it all that funny. Characters like Lazlo and Nadja are so much funnier to me because they are rooted in the absurd, like most "good" comedy in my opinion. I'm just not a fan of that "true to life" style of comedy, especially when I can't really relate to it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Colin is also an absurd character. It makes sense for his character to not resonate with people who don't work in an office environment but he is actually an over the top, absurd amalgamation of several different terrible office colleague cliches. It's not a realistic character.

• 2Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Colin is also an absurd character. It makes sense for his character to not resonate with people who don't work in an office environment but he is actually an over the top, absurd amalgamation of several different terrible office colleague cliches. It's not a realistic character.
So a dude that drains peoples/vampires energy by either boring them or making them get angry or upset isn't realistic?

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lol, it's one of those things - like, if you don't find Colin absurd, you're probably a Colin IRL bro.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
People that don't like Colin Robinson must hate Milton in Office Space.

Last edited:

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Watched the movie last night. Pretty funny, but is a different set of characters. Although they are very similar in a lot of ways.

I kinda wish they had a version of "Petyr", though.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
The Baron from season 1 was pretty much the TV version of Petyr I think, just a little softer around the edges lol

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I will admit I giggled almost non-stop at "Peak Power Collin"....

"TGIF.."
*thump*

Xevy

Log Wizard
Mark Hamill. Very neat. Kind of wish his character wasn't as ham-ish as it was.

Fuckin' Jackie Daytona.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Head and shoulder above the rest, this is quite clearly the best show on TV atm.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Ridas

Pay to play forum
"I never learned to drive" scene was so great. Best show.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider

What are you even talking about right now? He is the only realistic character on the show. I am Colin Robinson.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users