Whats rustling your jimmies?

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
There's a stop sign at the one here because it's Portland and people stop even when they have the right of way. I'll see people stop at green lights to let pedestrians walk through the intersection.

Pennilenko

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'll see people stop at green lights to let pedestrians walk through the intersection.
In most states I have lived in, if somebodies feet are in the crosswalk, and your vehicle travels through it while they are still in it, you can get a serious fine. Now if they stop so somebody can get off the curb while the vehicle has the right away then, yes they are a giant douchenozzle.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I noticed when I visited Berkeley last year that the crosswalks were incredibly respected like fifey says about Portland. Saw signs saying like mandatory $500 fine or something crazy for violating pedestrian right of way. People went out of their way to yield to pedestrians. So different than cities on the east coast. People would literally just walk right into traffic out there with expectation for cars to stop. Try that shit in NYC or Philly you're going to get an earful of horn and profanity.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Most North American traffic laws require cars to yield to pedestrians at marked crossings, and have pretty hefty fines and demerits (I think it's $500 and 4 demerits here, out of 15 before you lose your license). Otherwise why even bother with them? But that wasn't what was being discussed. Pedestrians crossing the street outside of crosswalks was the issue. It annoys the shit out of me too. I don't give a fuck if you're going to jaywalk, go right ahead. But when you do, don't do it all fucking casual like. Skedaddle for fuck's sake. And drivers who will stop in the middle of a street to let people jaywalk are fucking idiots, because that's a great way to end up with that person dead because the other lanes or directions don't know what the they're doing and pedestrians seem to think they're going to win a fight with a 5,000lb SUV.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh yeah, fuck jaywalking. Didn't see that aspect. And laws or not, there are tons of places in the north east in my experience where the idea of stopping at a crosswalk when the light is green is unheard of.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is oddly a timely discussion. Was driving home from work today at an area that is 50 mph limit. Some dude with his dog just walked out into the road, no crosswork or even intersection, and casually strolled over to the middle turning lane (4 lane road + turn lane). I was in the far right lane so I didn't have to brake much, but the dude in the lane to the left of me had to hard brake to not kill him. I was just like, are you fucking retarded dude?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm assuming the laws are still the same, but back when I took my driving test (a LONG time ago), I lost points because some dude timed his jaywalk to pass behind my car and the car behind me (he was on the left side of the street, so had an empty lane on his side before he even got to mine). I knew I was supposed to stop, but if I had, the car behind me would have rear-ended me, so I hit the brakes but then kept going when my split-second thought realized I'd rather not cause an accident. He was literally still on the other side of the street, planning for us to both pass, and I still lost points because you are always supposed to stop no matter where the pedestrian is. I didn't even get an acknowledgment that the pedestrian was in the wrong, or that it was better to avoid an accident, just points deducted. Not enough to keep me from passing, but still fucking sucks.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I don't mind the jaywalking when people time it with cars, but here people will constantly just walk infront of the cars looking down on their phones and walk super casual. When I'm on my bike I've slapped people on their backpacks as I go by. Shit drives me nuts with their entitlement.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I thought those lines were to help you measure how far they flew. Around here, at the end of the year, whoever had one go the furthest gets a turkey.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I'm assuming the laws are still the same, but back when I took my driving test (a LONG time ago), I lost points because some dude timed his jaywalk to pass behind my car and the car behind me (he was on the left side of the street, so had an empty lane on his side before he even got to mine). I knew I was supposed to stop, but if I had, the car behind me would have rear-ended me, so I hit the brakes but then kept going when my split-second thought realized I'd rather not cause an accident. He was literally still on the other side of the street, planning for us to both pass, and I still lost points because you are always supposed to stop no matter where the pedestrian is. I didn't even get an acknowledgment that the pedestrian was in the wrong, or that it was better to avoid an accident, just points deducted. Not enough to keep me from passing, but still fucking sucks.
Nothing pisses me off more than seeing someone jaywalk on a major street in heavy traffic 50 feet from a fucking crosswalk.

Also stupid fucks who try and make left hand turns out of a gas station. Even worse are the downies who let him inch out so the guy in the third lane has no fucking idea some tard is about to cross his.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I thought those lines were to help you measure how far they flew. Around here, at the end of the year, whoever had one go the furthest gets a turkey.
I was pissed the year I thought I'd won but as it turns out only black or brown people count and instead of turkey I won 20 years in the klink so I fled the police and changed my name and now I live in a cabin in the woods with only stolen internet to pass the days.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Also stupid fucks who try and make left hand turns out of a gas station. Even worse are the downies who let him inch out so the guy in the third lane has no fucking idea some tard is about to cross his.
Heh, I got into a major accident at 17 doing exactly this. Some guy in the right lane let me out, and I got wasted by someone in the left lane who was trying to go around that guy's stopped vehicle.

Xevy

Log Wizard
People thinking Kaley Cuoco is 'really hot'. She's a 7 on a show full of nerdy dudes. Throw her on Friends circa 1997 and she's 'the ugly one'.

Jobitz_sl

shitlord
People thinking Kaley Cuoco is 'really hot'. She's a 7 on a show full of nerdy dudes. Throw her on Friends circa 1997 and she's 'the ugly one'.
Connecting to this: the reaction you get when you claim some actress isn't hot. "Dude, you must be gay. I would totally do terrible things to her" is the normal reaction if I disagree.