Whats rustling your jimmies?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Did I miss the part where you said why they can't fire him? I mean he's a white guy so he can't really play the discrimination card, is he like family with someone important?

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Did I miss the part where you said why they can't fire him? I mean he's a white guy so he can't really play the discrimination card, is he like family with someone important?
A shitload of his family members work for the company, including one that either owns or runs (?) one of the franchise stores. One of the shift leads here used to work at aanotherstore where several of his family worked at, and she was roped into having to carpool them to and from work on a regular basis (none of them owned a vehicle.) She mentioned it was a directive that came down on high and went off about how she was never reimbursed for her gas expenses/thanked by the brass...which only leads me to believe that one or several of this kid's family members are tight with the guys at corporate. That + the amount of shit he gets away with makes it pretty clear he's not going to get fired any time soon.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Yeah. Company is pretty bad and not worth working for if thats all true.
Sadly...it kind of is. I got less than a year before grad school happens and had to jump into the local workforce with not much in way of a resume outside of my publishing/game stuff, which only matters to...publishing/game people. A part-time job that earns 20-25$ an hour when you're not tips-certified and not a waitress is sort've hard to come by around here. (

I'm holding out that the guy does something so egregious they have no choice but to can him, because in the long run it's not that bad a place to work at outside of him and the unwanted hours.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Went to a show last night and was talking to someone about motorcycles when I realized I just have no idea what happened to the bike I bought a few years back. Remember buying it off a coworker who got a newer bike. I remember riding it to and from work and around town a couple times... I just don't know what the fuck happened to it. Disconcerting as hell. Messaged a few old co-workers but only one got back to me so far. He remembered me buying it off another tech and riding it to work but has no idea what happened to it. So at least I didn't take any crazy pills but seriously, the fuck? Searched my Facebook wall and messages and I never even mention having bought it.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I woke everyone in the house at 4:30 am. Went outside to smoke a cigar since I couldn't sleep. Lit the outdoor heater and it was running for a while then BOOM. Everyone came running out trying to figure out what I was shooting. Felt bad. Guess I need to clean the heater.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Went to a show last night and was talking to someone about motorcycles when I realized I just have no idea what happened to the bike I bought a few years back. Remember buying it off a coworker who got a newer bike. I remember riding it to and from work and around town a couple times... I just don't know what the fuck happened to it. Disconcerting as hell. Messaged a few old co-workers but only one got back to me so far. He remembered me buying it off another tech and riding it to work but has no idea what happened to it. So at least I didn't take any crazy pills but seriously, the fuck? Searched my Facebook wall and messages and I never even mention having bought it.
I had the same exact thing happen to my old Atari Lynx when I was a kid. Poof!

My new boss uses underscores in the titles of files he sends out like it's Windows 3.1. Meeting_agenda_notes_Friday_December_18.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
How long you been married? I bet this isn't the first time she's pulled that trick on you.

That may not be required anymore, but it's still a good practice.
It's fucking annoying, is what it is.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Posted a few months ago about how I received a random deed in the mail to sign over my interest in a house over to the other partial owners. Checked the house on Zillow yesterday to see it was sold back in December.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Posted a few months ago about how I received a random deed in the mail to sign over my interest in a house over to the other partial owners. Checked the house on Zillow yesterday to see it was sold back in December.
wtf? can you link your previous post?

How do you own part of a house?
Did you have a mortgage? who paid it?
Did you sign the deed and did the other partial owners pay you out?
Did you sign it a few months ago like is alluded or is it sitting under a pile of clothing on your kitchen table?
If you did not sign it and they sold it anyway, how is it legal and dont you now have all parties over a barrel now?

If you did sign it months ago and got paid out, why are you ruslted they sold it?
If you did sign it months ago and did not get paid out, why did you not get paid your portion or ask questions about value?

Seems like a bit more to this one..

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
tl;dr

House was "gifted" to my grandpa's wife(not our blood grandmother) via her sister or something 15 years ago or so
Grandpa's wife dies 10 years or so ago, her heirs believe it is entirely theirs due to it being "inherited"(ignoring grandpa paying property taxes on it since 1988 and god only knows how much in upkeep, insurance etc. lots of backstory here that only a retard would believe the house was sole and separate property)
Grandpa dies almost 2 years ago leaving house empty
Other party immediately claims ownership saying its theirs, myself and brother and sister have no ownership in house(we were grandpas only heirs)
Flash forward to 2-3 months ago myself and brother and sister all receiving deeds in the mail to give our share to them for "love and consideration"
Call title company, tell them we wont be signing and extremely poor taste to randomly mail a person a deed
Call other party ask them wtf and just hear them say well the judge said it was ours, tell them we will not be signing the deed
Look at Zillow yesterday to see house sold in December and was handled by a different title company

Called up the new title company today and just got the run around.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Sounds like SOL unless you take a legal route. Might not legally be yours in the first place, though.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
tl;dr

House was "gifted" to my grandpa's wife(not our blood grandmother) via her sister or something 15 years ago or so
Grandpa's wife dies 10 years or so ago, her heirs believe it is entirely theirs due to it being "inherited"(ignoring grandpa paying property taxes on it since 1988 and god only knows how much in upkeep, insurance etc. lots of backstory here that only a retard would believe the house was sole and separate property)
Grandpa dies almost 2 years ago leaving house empty
Other party immediately claims ownership saying its theirs, myself and brother and sister have no ownership in house(we were grandpas only heirs)
Flash forward to 2-3 months ago myself and brother and sister all receiving deeds in the mail to give our share to them for "love and consideration"
Call title company, tell them we wont be signing and extremely poor taste to randomly mail a person a deed
Call other party ask them wtf and just hear them say well the judge said it was ours, tell them we will not be signing the deed
Look at Zillow yesterday to see house sold in December and was handled by a different title company

Called up the new title company today and just got the run around.
JFC i would be so ruslted,

But are you actually on title with a partial deed in your hand? So that means the other title company or the other owners forged your signatures?
You said the other party claimed ownership, but did they recive it? seems like not if you had a deed, did you know you had ownership rights?

Would be interesting to see what happened if you approched the new buyer with a claim on his new home insinuating some sort of fraud on behalf of the seller.