Whats rustling your jimmies?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Multi-part severe Jimmy rustling here...

Lady in the office asks everyone if they want to pool some money and buy powerball tickets. Whatever, everyone is chipping in $5 so I tell her sure(the women in the office love to do this anytime the jackpot gets huge).

She collects all the money and then comes over and gives it to me "can you pick up the tickets when you're out for lunch, I brought my lunch so I'm not leaving the office today"

DAMNIT WOMAN THIS WAS YOUR IDEA. I wouldn't have participated at all if I knew I had to go get them. I don't want to have to stop and go inside a gas station on my lunch break.

So...

So I go to the grocery store for lunch so I can grab my powerball tickets AND some lunch without having to make 2 separate stops.

Only 1 lady at the customer service counter...score

Only apparently this ancient old lady that looked like Yoda's grandmother was cashing in a stack of scratchers the size of the NY city phonebook, and while that is happening(cashier has to scan them all) the fucking crypt keeper starts emptying her basket of groceries onto the service counter, she was going to pay for her goddamn groceries in scratcher tickets.

the best part? The scratchers didn't quite pay for it all so SHE WROTE A GODDAMN CHECK FOR $7

I hate everyone

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande

Lady in the office asks everyone if they want to pool some money and buy powerball tickets. Whatever, everyone is chipping in $5 so I tell her sure(the women in the office love to do this anytime the jackpot gets huge).

She collects all the money and then comes over and gives it to me "can you pick up the tickets when you're out for lunch, I brought my lunch so I'm not leaving the office today"

DAMNIT WOMAN THIS WAS YOUR IDEA. I wouldn't have participated at all if I knew I had to go get them. I don't want to have to stop and go inside a gas station on my lunch break.

So...

So I go to the grocery store for lunch so I can grab my powerball tickets AND some lunch without having to make 2 separate stops.

Only 1 lady at the customer service counter...score

Only apparently this ancient old lady that looked like Yoda's grandmother was cashing in a stack of scratchers the size of the NY city phonebook, and while that is happening(cashier has to scan them all) the fucking crypt keeper starts emptying her basket of groceries onto the service counter, she was going to pay for her goddamn groceries in scratcher tickets.

the best part? The scratchers didn't quite pay for it all so SHE WROTE A GODDAMN CHECK FOR $7

I hate everyone
This is basically my life every day at the 7-eleven check out line. Just replace groceries with Swisher Sweets and personal check with $7 worth of loose change laboriously counted out. Every time I get stuck behind someone that feels the need to fucking hand pick scratch lotto tickets I rage inside.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
This is basically my life every day at the 7-eleven check out line. Just replace groceries with Swisher Sweets and personal check with $7 worth of loose change laboriously counted out. Every time I get stuck behind someone that feels the need to fucking hand pick scratch lotto tickets I rage inside.
Dude, you live in glorious QuickTrip land(the midwest). Why are you going to 7-eleven. QT>7-eleven in every possible way.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Go to the one on Hillcrest across from SMU. Very different experience, lol

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Go to the one on Hillcrest across from SMU. Very different experience, lol
The one I go to near my house has at least three homeless people outside harassing you for change at all times, and the check-out line always has some Dindu thug hand picking Swisher Sweets and being an intentional pain in the ass. The GM told me on average they have to call the cops twice a week due to assaults. I almost got attacked by some 200lb angry black momma because she spent five minutes changing her mind as to which Swisher Sweet she wanted, and when it came to pay she was short 75 cents so started the whole process over on smaller packs of Swishers. At that point I groaned and rolled my eyes and she went fucking nuts on me saying she was going to "kick my white boy ass and that she's a paying customer too".

Joeboo: I've never seen a Quicktrip in Dallas.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
The UP and HP cops are in the Hillcrest one like half the day I think. But they're actually shopping not busting people. If there's anybody that needs some stick time it's the mother fucking 13 year olds that infest the whole area when HPMS gets out.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

Reminds me of the time I got roped into it. It was owner of the company's idea, so when he asked me if I'd collect the money and buy the tickets, what was I going to say? Collect money, buy tickets, then photocopy all tickets and pass them out to everyone who put in. Pain in the ass, but whatever, right? Killed almost the entire afternoon, but I got it done.

Here's where my story turns cautionary for you. We won. I can't remember the totals, but it worked out to something like $5 for everyone who originally put in $20. No one wanted $5, so they had me cash them in and get more tickets. This shit went on for 3 weeks before we finally lost all of our money. My advice to you is don't give anyone the option to "Let it ride". In fact, I would consider hanging onto the tickets instead of giving them to that woman so she doesn't suggest it.

Joeboo: I've never seen a Quicktrip in Dallas.
I've seen them down on the border. Not sure why he thinks they're in the midwest.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've seen people at the register scratching off the ticket without moving so they can buy another scratch off in case they win. That's some seriously common bullshit to think you can just camp the register doing scratch off tickets while people are behind you.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I've seen people at the register scratching off the ticket without moving so they can buy another scratch off in case they win. That's some seriously common bullshit to think you can just camp the register doing scratch off tickets while people are behind you.
The WORST are the Powerball fuckers that hand select numbers, then get their slip rejected by the machine because their alcohol induced palsy caused them to shade in a box outside the lines. You have to wait for them to re-fill the slip, then wait as they check their last week's tickets to see if they won anything. Got forbid they win $20 or so, because now you're waiting another five minutes as they use the proceeds to hand select scratch tickets. Makes you rage when all you're holding is a bottle of milk and two singles and your transaction will take 30 seconds start to finish.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm grateful a couple of the convenience stores in my area are privately-owned by Indians, and they'll tell people to step aside if they're dicking around with scratch-offs. There also seems to be an unspoken rule among the customers that if you're going to take a while with lottery shit, you be polite and let others step up to get in and get out.

On the other side, what rustles me similar to that is the places which have to use kiss-ass customer service seem to not only get the retarded patrons, but now seem to be loading up the registers with the slowest and most useless cashiers. Whenever I see a cashier take the time to stretch out and properly open the plastic bag on the hangers like they're trying to smooth out a parachute before folding it, I want to choke them.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I was a convenience store clerk when the lotto first came out in my state. I had no problem ringing up the next person in line if someone was sitting there messing with scratch-offs. Eventually, I noticed a little clear spot on the counter and I started suggesting they move there. No matter how long the line was, I'd work in the lotto scratcher as soon as he had a winner he wanted to turn in. As a result, I'd get some that would camp there for 30 minutes or more chatting and scratching.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Any place that tries to charge you for using a credit or debit card. Go fuck yourself if you think I'm going to cover your transaction charge when you already factor that shit into your prices.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's some people at my local 7-11 who will stay around the side of the counter waiting to continue their scratching and selecting away from the actual registers. Its considerate of them to do that for the customers, but then the employees there are bouncing back and forth constantly from register side to lottery side every time the registers have a break in the action.

In short: fuck the fucking lottery in all its stupid forms. I think I'd want to murder those fucks even more if I worked there than I already do getting behind them in line. In college I worked briefly at a liquor store with Keno, that shit was the worst. At least we didn't have lotto and scratch offs too though.

khalid

Unelected Mod
At my stepdad's convenience store, people would commonly come in and buy an entire roll (300) of scratchoffs. Then scratch them all off, then use the winnings to purchase more tickets. This practical test of the gambler's ruin would continue until they had finally lost all their money. He actually had a side-counter just for scratch-offs, which would end this process covered in the gunk scratched off.

In short: fuck the fucking lottery in all its stupid forms.
Yeah, it is horribly regressive and stupid. Literally the worst of the worst of ways to fund anything.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, it is horribly regressive and stupid. Literally the worst of the worst of ways to fund anything.
True, I was just ranting about how annoying it is on a personal daily life level, not to mention societal!

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Hey if the poorest want to volunteer an extra contribution toward state funding, well, thanks. If they didn't, my middle class self would be taxed that much more.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Jimmies rustled today. Finally got a new nice headset from Amazon, Senn HD 598 and pull it out of the box... that's weird, there's cat hair all over the cups. Wait, is that grease? Oh look, a gouge in the finish.

So I get shipped a used item that apparently no one bothered to check when they got a return in.

Of course my jimmies gets even rustleder because their customer service is so polite I can't even get pissed at them. Do they drop ship overnight replacement products to everyone or is it just because I spend so much money and have Prime?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Spoke with the title company's lawyer today. Guy more or less didnt say anything aside from it will probably be next friday before his "research" is done and he has some answers. Asked him how the first title company had no problem following the ownership papertrail to my sister, brother and myself but the current title company was unable to, he just said there are multiple scenarios that could make that happen.

At this point I think theyre just trying to figure out who fucked up on their end and what the damage is going to be.