Whats rustling your jimmies?

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Today a guy stopped short in front of me twice, the second time he got out of the car looked back and then flagged me around and said he was having problems with his wheel and when i went around i asked him if he needed help and he said "no my wife is right behind me you fucking asshole".

I think he's trying to get someone to rear end him, i called the police and let them know if a white bmw gets rear ended to give me a call. I'd like nothing more than to see that sack of shit burn.
Dash cams are cheap enough now that everyone should have one. Just plug it in and forget it's there until you need it! I've caught so many shitty drivers on film, and one accident (dude in front of me rearended guy in front of him hard). Good way to cover your ass.

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
My wife's phone died last week but no big deal it was 5 or 6 years old. First, my wife wanted to just go alone but I convinced her to let me tag along. She talked with the rep for awhile and finally with a look of total confusion on her face called me over.

They looked up our plan and it turns out we had used about 1/4 of our data over the last 6 months. So he offered to lower our plan and save us some money. Sure dude make it happen.

Well that's part was great but then comes the hard sell. I am saving you $40 a month so you can now spend $50 etc. I asked him to give me a minute to explain things to my wife.

Dude wouldn t leave us alone for even a minute even after repeatedly asking for a moment alone. At that point he was only addressing my wife and pointing her towards iPhone 6 because it is the same as her work phone etc. Oh no good well add a tablet, that after in already told him we have a tablet that sits in the corner.

Finally just told him flat out we would take the galaxy prime phone and be done with it. My wife is cheap and rarely uses a phone so she wouldn't have been sold up but she is also nice and would listen to the salesman all night. When we walked out she was thankful I came but fuck sales..

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Sometimes you just have to tell people what to do. Like "Leave us alone. Now."

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I went in with my wife to buy a piece of furniture, I think it was a bed for my daughter or something, and we had the sales person stalk us throughout the whole story waiting to swoop in. Then he swooped and tried to small talk me about my kids. Get the fuck out dude.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Had to pop into a sports shop the other day for some camping items. I already had the two main things I was looking for in my hand. I asked one of the sales people if they had a kettle for boiling water over an open fire. He said they were sold out, but then asked to put his salesman sticker on my items I had in-hand. I let him and didn't care too much at the time, but thinking back the guy took 2 seconds just to answer a simple question for me. Why ask for commission on the rest of my stuff?

I don't blame him. I blame the system. Commission based salesmen generally suck to deal with.

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like having my 3 year old son with me when I am browsing stores. When the salesmen come up to talk I always tell them we are just killing time, he starts his pitch then I set my son down and watch him fly down the aisle like a made man. "Sorry got to go"

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I have no problem interrupting sales people and telling them something like this:

"I know you are supposed to tell me about the specials or whatever, but I have one thing in mind. Please answer only the questions I ask or I will ask for a different sales person. Let's now waste each other's time."

Works almost every time. If it doesn't work, I just walk away and ask my question of another sales person.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I simply tell them "No." if they come near me or "no thanks" and ignore them and keep walking. You guys go to too much effort to engage them.

What rustles my jimjims is that my wife feels she needs to talk to every salesmen, engage them in a conversation and ask stupid quests that lead to dumb shit. Ultimately nothing is gained and we just wasted 15-20 minutes.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I simply tell them "No." if they come near me or "no thanks" and ignore them and keep walking. You guys go to too much effort to engage them.

What rustles my jimjims is that my wife feels she needs to talk to every salesmen, engage them in a conversation and ask stupid quests that lead to dumb shit. Ultimately nothing is gained and we just wasted 15-20 minutes.
My wife actually let a door-to-door window salesman into our home to give us a quote on new windows. It's something we had maybe randomly mentioned in passing a few times over the years, but nothing we were actively shopping for. I want those 2 hours of my life back.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
My wife just the other week told a Roofer that he could come back later to talk to me abotu a quote for a new roof. I was like biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch. We don't need no new roof.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Door to door roofers are horrible. I'm in insurance and I've seen so many horror stories with people using a roofer that just knocked on their door. Good local roofers will stay busy enough that they don't need to go door to door. A lot of those guys are also storm-chasers that aren't even based in your town/area, and can very easily disappear with your deposit money.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Had to pop into a sports shop the other day for some camping items. I already had the two main things I was looking for in my hand. I asked one of the sales people if they had a kettle for boiling water over an open fire. He said they were sold out, but then asked to put his salesman sticker on my items I had in-hand. I let him and didn't care too much at the time, but thinking back the guy took 2 seconds just to answer a simple question for me. Why ask for commission on the rest of my stuff?

I don't blame him. I blame the system. Commission based salesmen generally suck to deal with.
Meh, doesn't cost you anything. Personally if I'm in a commission based store and get to the cashier with my stuff without having been helped by someone, if the cashier asks me who helped I'll just point at the nearest person so they get a cut. Makes no difference to me.

Pushy salesmen, yeah, those are annoying no question. I must have a really good "fuck off" look when I say "no thank you, just browsing" when they approach me, because I'm rarely hassled by them.

For me it's like I'm in Best Buy or somewhere looking for one specific thing (I think I was trying to find a USB wifi dongle or router or something stupid last time). I look high and low and can't find what I need. I actively have to hunt down a floor rep to help me find what I need and they don't even know what I'm talking about. It's almost to the point where unless I'm in a home improvement store, if I can't find something a salesguy can't find it either. And I have to hunt them down because apparently they're spending all their time hassling you guys that don't want them around. Thanks for rerustling that one....

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Treat em like a clingy one night stand. Get what you need from them and then stop acknowledging them.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
People still go to big-box stores to be harassed by salespeople, in 2016? Like, this is actually a thing?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yes and people will continue to do so at least until amazon figures out a way to let you handle the merch before you buy.