Whats rustling your jimmies?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
On a non gun related note. A fabricator located out of state had an ad for some consulting for switching their software package they use. Very limited market. The package they wanted help with I've used for 25+ years. I did some review work when the guy made the first release of it. Reviewed it and offered some suggestions on stuff he could change or add. Guy eventually died and his kids or grandkids own the rights now and I've had no luck dealing with them. Anyway, whoever has the rights has my name on their website as a reference and someone in the industry to contact.

Anyway so I sent my resume to this fabricator and told him I was listed on the website from the company (out of 3) and had 25+ years working with the stuff and other related stuff in the industry to help tie it all together. Figured I could consult with them at real reduced rates since they are not in competition with anyone I have ever worked with or likely to work with.

Got an email back "We're looking for someone with more experience on the package". Good luck with that, the dev/programmer/detailer who made it is dead now. Guessing (a SWAG) that the software is now probably used by 25 individuals (not companies).

Toot my own horn and say I probably have more with their even being an offereing than the "company" that has it. I strongly suggest every company I work with buy a copy and they are pretty happy with it, huge time/hassle saver.

• 1Jew
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
@tera Went to gun store an hour away to make a parking lot gun sale of my old sks. Peruse inside for funsies. Run back to an isle to grab a rifle loudener (muzzle brake) and wouldn't you know it, by accident grabbed the .308 instead of the 5.56. Shucks

• 1Jew

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Send it to me. I will treasure Uncle Gravy's shotgun

she's shooting people with it. And maybe some clay. So no reason she should ever consider shooting steel shot. But still, good advice to her. She might not have known to avoid the steel.
Yes, clay, likely paper targets too at meat shoots...and I treasure it already, it was my Uncle Gib's shotgun, my dad got it for G, so I am a little emotionally invested in it. ♡ (Does that count as a fetish? I am not doing anything naughty with it but it is in my bedroom.)

I was out of the office 5 days, I let people know that I would be. I still returned to 175 e mails, 52 of them encrypted, some unnecessarily. I have 16 still to open and handle. Sigh.

• 1Jew

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Unless it's time sensitive, I'll still email people on vacation and adjust my expectations of when they'll respond. Which is after they get back and you remind them in person about said email.

• 1Jew

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Unless it's time sensitive, I'll still email people on vacation and adjust my expectations of when they'll respond. Which is after they get back and you remind them in person about said email.

I check my email on vacation since otherwise people will flip out when I don't respond despite the auto-responder and my secretary. I figure it's better to spend 30 minutes or an hour at night answering questions and deferring on things I'm not gonna do on vacation than coming back to 1000 emails and needy fucking man-babies.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Jew
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I agree, I still check and respond to emails that require little effort and defer ones that would require serious time investment. Pisses my wife off if I do that and even then, people with this mindset(ours, not hers) are the minority. And not that I fault them for it, vacation is vacation.

• 1Jew

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Companies that have no way to choose shipping. I'd pay some extra to not get packages via USPS. Double rustled when you pay for UPS and it still gets delivered via USPS which causes a 2 day delay as it goes from the UPS place a mile down the road back to town 15 miles away and then out for delivery here and apparently she can't deliver packages but every other day. At least according to the post master here.

• 1Jew
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Companies that have no way to choose shipping. I'd pay some extra to not get packages via USPS. Double rustled when you pay for UPS and it still gets delivered via USPS which causes a 2 day delay as it goes from the UPS place a mile down the road back to town 15 miles away and then out for delivery here and apparently she can't deliver packages but every other day. At least according to the post master here.

I dunno, at my last condo my USPS guy was on the ball, delivered everyday at 230pm. UPS would basically ding-dong ditch, I once heard the most pitiful knock.

But yeah, when UPS hands off the package to USPS, fuck that shit.

• 1Jew

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I came back from vacation yesterday to 33 stupid questions from stupid patients wanting stupid drugs.

• 2Worf
  • 1Jew
Reactions: 2 users

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My team at work was 4 guys (including my self) who are all mid-twenties. We worked hard and got our stuff done by 10:30 every night. This is in a warehouse where the full-time workers routinely stay to 2:00 in the morning, which is a sure sign that this place is poorly managed. The only down-side to management is that we were loud and were almost always talking about stupid shit at work (who would be better in bed Rhianna or Taylor Swift, what would you do in a zombie apocalypse, if you had $50,000 right now what would you do with it?).

So they split up our team. Now I do the absolute bare minimum of work and I hate going in every night. My boss tells me I need to pick up the pace. Two of my buddies have already bailed because this is shitty work for shitty pay and mostly everyone there is just trying to earn some beer money before they go off to another job or head back to school. I use to be real productive because I liked getting my work done so I would get to go help out one of my friends and shoot the breeze. Now, I have no motivation to work harder.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Jew
Reactions: 3 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
My team at work was 4 guys (including my self) who are all mid-twenties. We worked hard and got our stuff done by 10:30 every night. This is in a warehouse where the full-time workers routinely stay to 2:00 in the morning, which is a sure sign that this place is poorly managed. The only down-side to management is that we were loud and were almost always talking about stupid shit at work (who would be better in bed Rhianna or Taylor Swift, what would you do in a zombie apocalypse, if you had $50,000 right now what would you do with it?).

So they split up our team. Now I do the absolute bare minimum of work and I hate going in every night. My boss tells me I need to pick up the pace. Two of my buddies have already bailed because this is shitty work for shitty pay and mostly everyone there is just trying to earn some beer money before they go off to another job or head back to school. I use to be real productive because I liked getting my work done so I would get to go help out one of my friends and shoot the breeze. Now, I have no motivation to work harder.
sounds like a life crisis

• 1Jew

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
My company switched prescription coverage to express-scripts this year. So far they've been fine, but they lit me the fuck up this morning. I get a call with a recorded message saying to please hold to talk to a representative. They had my name right, and I had just ordered a refill which was due to ship tomorrow, so I figured there must be a problem or question with my drugs and held on.

They called me and I still had to hold for 5 minutes. I was getting pissed at that. When I finally get to talk to someone, they want me to give them personal info to verify who I am. I inform the girl that's not how it works. THEY called ME. I'm the one who needs to verify who they are. She gets huffy and says she can't talk to me then. I mean, who is fucking retarded enough to give out personal info to 'verify your identity' to someone who calls you?

She tells me I can call back, but I ask her what the call is about so I know if it's worth my time. All they wanted was to sell me more drugs. Apparently I don't consume enough pharmaceuticals for their liking. Then I remembered I got an email this morning that started with "Come back", went into all the great benefits and cost savings of using them, and ended with "We want you back". I didn't think anything of it when I got the email and just deleted it. But now it seems like they think I'm a former client or something? I mean what the fuck, I literally just refilled a script, and I only refill with them. The little girl on the phone got an earful from me about that shit. I'm not proud of that, I know it's not her fault. She could have been a cuntasaurus and not told me it was a fucking sales call; I should have thanked her for that. Now I need to contact them and file a complaint. I will probably complain to my company's HR too. I have a feeling that wasn't really express-scripts, but some third party contacting me on behalf of them. It's the best explanation I can think of for why they didn't know about the refill.

• 2Like
  • 1Jew
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ongoing medical billing horseshit. Anyone ever heard of perhaps a company HR benefits program interfering to deny certain coverages when it otherwise seems like it'd be covered in the plan I was sent? Something another co worker said but may be retarded.

Suffice to say still sitting at 6 months since surgery. Got several bills that have been resubmitted already by the assorted services. Just got a letter from the hospital that hosted the surgery itself saying that there had been payment on my account but it reflected a discount that me or my company/plan something wasn't eligible for a discount that was applied and I'm due to pay the balance.

Of course it appears it was a 2-3 page letter and the front sheet is only one there and so I dont know the amount they are trying to hit me for. Few hundred vs thousands. From the wording of it digging out my explanation of benefit may not reflect what they think is owed. And this long after I'm forgetting details from back in January, like I thought I'd confirmed they would be in network. (dr himself being an aetna prefered provider for cost effectiveness or something.)

• 1Jew

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ongoing medical billing horseshit. Anyone ever heard of perhaps a company HR benefits program interfering to deny certain coverages when it otherwise seems like it'd be covered in the plan I was sent? Something another co worker said but may be retarded.

Suffice to say still sitting at 6 months since surgery. Got several bills that have been resubmitted already by the assorted services. Just got a letter from the hospital that hosted the surgery itself saying that there had been payment on my account but it reflected a discount that me or my company/plan something wasn't eligible for a discount that was applied and I'm due to pay the balance.

Of course it appears it was a 2-3 page letter and the front sheet is only one there and so I dont know the amount they are trying to hit me for. Few hundred vs thousands. From the wording of it digging out my explanation of benefit may not reflect what they think is owed. And this long after I'm forgetting details from back in January, like I thought I'd confirmed they would be in network. (dr himself being an aetna prefered provider for cost effectiveness or something.)

@TJT this is why single payer costs half as much gdp wise

• 1Jew

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I'm 13 months into a billing dispute after a surgery. Shit sucks bro. Pretty sure this bullshit has affected my credit too, dropping me out of the 800s.

• 1Jew

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Rustled and guns. My neices new husband was kind of ticked he didn't get a wedding present from me of one of my guns. I've met him twice, yeah let me give yo a gun. Nope.
is it family tradition that you give guns to other family members?

also what kind of a low life bitches of about wedding presents not given?

This is why asian weddings are easy, money, we just take and give money.

You want to score big as a criminal? goto chinatown and find a wedding banquet, there is literally 20k to $$$ in cold hard cash at the invitation table, b/c you just give red envelopes filled with cash. New cash too, they have to be crisp new bank bills to boot.

Usually right on the table in a cute box
Wedding-Card-Box-2-Hearts-Design-0-0.jpg

and the only protection is a bridesmaid sitting at the table, who will eventually be "called away" cuz some shit happened and someone has to take care of some shit and you don't know where the wedding party is, HOWEVER, you do know that at least one bridesmaid is sitting behind the table, so she'll ask some third cousin to watch the table, and that's when you strike!!!

I'm 13 months into a billing dispute after a surgery. Shit sucks bro. Pretty sure this bullshit has affected my credit too, dropping me out of the 800s.
creditkarma.com

they don't hassle you for shit and you can always check your score, super easy to dispute transunion and experion reports too.

• 1Jew

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Maximum Rustle: Everything posted in the FSR and Animated GIF thread is a post by Ryanz basically just following the top pics/gifs from reddit.

• 1Jew
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why rustled? He is just doing us a favor?

My boss talks to me everyday when I come in for my nightshift....except tonight. I don't know why he ignored me but I'm thinking it's because I didn't work voluntary overtime or clean my work partners area.

Both reasons are bullshit as I didn't commit to the overtime and I'm not obligated to clean up after other faggots. But alas, I am going into rage mode tonight and am gonna sweep and mop this entire boiler room and paint boiler 4. When he comes in tomorrow and the place looks like the Taj Mahal he better just keep it moving because I'm gonna tell him to hold the praise if he tries giving me an attaboy.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Jew
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
is it family tradition that you give guns to other family members?

also what kind of a low life bitches of about wedding presents not given?

This is why asian weddings are easy, money, we just take and give money.

You want to score big as a criminal? goto chinatown and find a wedding banquet, there is literally 20k to $$$ in cold hard cash at the invitation table, b/c you just give red envelopes filled with cash. New cash too, they have to be crisp new bank bills to boot.

Usually right on the table in a cute box
Wedding-Card-Box-2-Hearts-Design-0-0.jpg

and the only protection is a bridesmaid sitting at the table, who will eventually be "called away" cuz some shit happened and someone has to take care of some shit and you don't know where the wedding party is, HOWEVER, you do know that at least one bridesmaid is sitting behind the table, so she'll ask some third cousin to watch the table, and that's when you strike!!!

creditkarma.com

they don't hassle you for shit and you can always check your score, super easy to dispute transunion and experion reports too.

They mostly give checks these days. We did a cousin's wedding a month or two ago and helped them total up after, it was 90%+ checks.

• 1Jew