Whats rustling your jimmies?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
inadvertently turning this into one of the dating threads, messaged this girl today. She's saying she's really busy this weekend. I know there is truth in this she's moving into a new place etc, but my experience with women has always been that they will move heaven and earth if they're into you. Not feeling like she's into me, I think she wants to be motivated by my lack of interest in her, my showing interest just makes her think she's more valuable than me, which is of course laughable.

the Marriage thread is really misnamed -- a lot of this talk goes on in there. might be a better spot to discuss it.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
To be honest, if she were really into you she'd work you in around moving, or ask you to help as a pretense... (if I were placing a bet on things.)

So get back up to the plate and commence the right swiping again chief!

Agreed

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Just got a call from one of those smart recordings that hears what you say and responds to it. Those don't really rustle my jimmies much, I more amused by them. But this one fucking lied to me when I asked if it was a recording. She said "There's a real person here"

Next time I'm going to flirt. It did sound cute.

Hmm, and as I type this I just got an unsolicited text that offered a 67% discount on ray ban and had a link.

Zhavric

Molten Core Raider
This conversation:

ME: Hey, crushing untreated social anxiety & depression? I have a week off from my careerless soul-crushing office job in June. My family has invited me on vacation one week. And a different week is a gaming convention I want to go to. Is it cool with you if I move that week off? I'd like to go to both, but at least one. You know... to connect with my parents who will probably be dead soon. Or see some of my gaming friends & make new ones.

CRUSHING UNTREATED SOCIAL ANXIETY & DEPRESSION: Well, Z man, you're fatter than you ever thought possible so vacation on a beach is just going to make you feel judged and self conscious. Plus there's the fact the last time you were there was with your now ex. Your parents will feel disappointed by how little you take care of yourself and you'll spend your nights alone and lonely surrounded by people who love you. As for the gaming convention, you know darn well that it's pretty much the same. Well, mostly. With the gaming con, you're going to be reminded that after so many years of gaming, you're still pretty much an outsider in gaming circles and, honestly.... you're not very good at any of it. Do you really want to be reminded that you suck at the thing you spend the most time on? No... I think the best thing for you to do is to just have that week off in between the two so you can sit around, do nothing, and just live in a cloud of your own failure and loneliness.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
So why don’t you get that anxiety and depression treated? That’d be a good first step. Get your head chemicals going in the right direction, then start weight loss. Sucks you’re going through this though. It can get better.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
At first glance I thought your boss was telling you that.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
You're perpetuating your cycle, if you don't make a change then you'll continue to feel like you aren't in control. Do something physical tomorrow, throw some of your food away, start counting calories so you at least know how much you're putting into your body. Stop poisoning yourself. The stuff you're putting into you isn't just fucking up your body, it's fucking with the mental chemistry in your brain.

Last edited:

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
... The stuff you're putting into you isn't just fucking up your body, it's fucking with the mental chemistry in your brain.

I've been through this cycle years ago. Voyce is speaking the truth here!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
UPS driver.

Bastard.

So I order a lot from Amazon and the like, and work a lot from home. For the last month, the UPS driver is a jackass who sits in his truck writes the "sorry we missed you" ticket, and sticks it to the door without ringing the doorbell.

Now, understand I arrange it to be sure I'm home when I know packages are coming. I get an alert when I'm anywhere on my property, and can get to the front of the house in a reasonable amount of time. So when I missed the last five deliveries, I got suspicious.

So, last delivery, I knew when he pulled up, and he just put the notice on my door, and I opened the door, and asked him wtf? He said he had been ringing and got no answer. I said try again, I heard your truck pull up, how could I not have heard the doorbell? He got all defensive and went kind of crazy, and then demanded to see ID before he'd deliver anything to me. I, likewise demanded to see his UPS driver ID, and took note of his operator number.

Today, he pulled this shit again. And I caught him again. And as I took the package from him, I took out my phone to call the number on the package to file a complaint. He went apeshit, telling me I was killing his chance of having a job, and I was discriminating against him, and I was a racist, and I was at fault. He immediately called his supervisor to file a complaint against me.

He didn't figure on how pissed I was. I have video footage of his last 7 deliveries. I have video footage of his freak out today. I put it all together and forwarded it to the people in charge.

This fucker is rustling me hard. A simple job - ring my fucking door bell, and I'll sign for the package. Couldn't be bothered. Then tries to make me the problem.

The happy side to this story is that he will be fired. I will make sure. There are excellent, unemployed people who would do a great job. That fucker can just go away.

• 8Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Fenriz

Molten Core Raider
UPS driver.

Bastard.

So I order a lot from Amazon and the like, and work a lot from home. For the last month, the UPS driver is a jackass who sits in his truck writes the "sorry we missed you" ticket, and sticks it to the door without ringing the doorbell.

Now, understand I arrange it to be sure I'm home when I know packages are coming. I get an alert when I'm anywhere on my property, and can get to the front of the house in a reasonable amount of time. So when I missed the last five deliveries, I got suspicious.

So, last delivery, I knew when he pulled up, and he just put the notice on my door, and I opened the door, and asked him wtf? He said he had been ringing and got no answer. I said try again, I heard your truck pull up, how could I not have heard the doorbell? He got all defensive and went kind of crazy, and then demanded to see ID before he'd deliver anything to me. I, likewise demanded to see his UPS driver ID, and took note of his operator number.

Today, he pulled this shit again. And I caught him again. And as I took the package from him, I took out my phone to call the number on the package to file a complaint. He went apeshit, telling me I was killing his chance of having a job, and I was discriminating against him, and I was a racist, and I was at fault. He immediately called his supervisor to file a complaint against me.

He didn't figure on how pissed I was. I have video footage of his last 7 deliveries. I have video footage of his freak out today. I put it all together and forwarded it to the people in charge.

This fucker is rustling me hard. A simple job - ring my fucking door bell, and I'll sign for the package. Couldn't be bothered. Then tries to make me the problem.

The happy side to this story is that he will be fired. I will make sure. There are excellent, unemployed people who would do a great job. That fucker can just go away.

What I don't understand is why do they do this? It takes just as much time to deliver the package as it does filling the note out and sticking it on the door.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
What I don't understand is why do they do this? It takes just as much time to deliver the package as it does filling the note out and sticking it on the door.

That's an excellent bloody question. I think they do it because they are fuck sticks.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

Some people just take jobs to fuck with other people, see Bully Cops (yes yes, NotAllCopsAreBad, they just cover for the bad ones). Sounds like you're doing the right thing, the video footage should cinch it. Just know that he knows where you live ;)

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
They have to deliver their route within a time frame, so yeah, some fuck sticks will cut corners to either make it easier or just give themselves more time to screw around elsewhere.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
UPS driver.

Bastard.

I don't want to be racist, but; it's because he's a lazy, entitled piece of shit that expects to get something for nothing and it's perpetuated by his culture and by society. Obviously, NOT EVERYONE IS LIKE THAT. But, millions are. Fucking....millions....

Get the fucker fired and keep your gun at the ready. Like Rob13 said, he knows where you live.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
UPS driver.

Bastard.

GG chip on shoulder lazy minorities.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Time for my own trigger me timbers story. TLDR out of work for a month and discovering I might have a hereditary heart issue causing me to bomb a physical and might explain past discomfort working out.

I'm a federal security contractor. It's a joke of a job, I usually tell people I watch netflix all day as a joke. (I don't but it's what you do if you are on night shift in an empty building) Pay is great, all the same toys as a cop, but generally nothing ever happens ever. Boredom was the hardest part of the job and why I chose to work posts dealing with shit bags at offices that see the public. And even then, I've never gone hands on in over a year. It's mostly telling people to get the fuck out and no one stops to argue with the 6ft angry guy with all the fun toys.

We have a physical every so often and it's always been a joke, just making sure we arn't 80 and unfit to get up from a desk. It's 30seconds pushup and situp no specified number. 1lb weight pickup from floor and lift over head. ONE bench press of 40% body weight, etc. All simple shit. Used to do a concentra and they pretty much phoned in the testing. A new provider now actually does the testing correctly which while mostly a joke, there's a treadmill heart rate test that is catching up a bunch of guys. What was a shocker was myself getting caught up in it. I move heavy shit at home semi frequently, I'm only very mildly overweight ~10lbs but I wear it well so most people think I'm crazy when I talk about losing weight. But I have always loathed running, borderline wondered if I had asthma, shin splints instantly etc, so cardio isnt my friend. So this test is 3mph which is a fairly brisk walk, 3mins at 2% incline then 7% 3 minutes. I have to be under a 144 heart rate, and bombed the first one (they dont tell you) with the final reading at 150. I probably should have passed that but I know I get some test anxiety/never visit Dr's etc, so that alone may have pushed me over.

Trying to make a long story short, a month later of being out of work working my ass off daily, dropped 10lbs, cut caffeine/salt etc.... And my retries on the treadmill at $75 a pop have basically stayed the same, or actually gotten worse particularly yesterday's attempt as I was kinda seeing it as my last hurrah before I'm starting to sell some more precious items and looking for alternative jobs in earnest. I tried valium and a leftover oxy from back surgery that didnt seem to help, but that was early on before all the conditioning. Doctor put me on busipirone (sp?) a anti anxiety and that didnt help or even counter productive as before I basically even started, just walking at like 1mph the monitor said i was at 130!!! heart rate. What is extra fucking frustrating is for shits and giggles I ran the common law enforcement test around here which is 1.5 miles in 15min 50..... and I did it!!!! So I know I've made improvements but yet walking on an incline paired with my omfg mah job anxiety is boning me.

Take my numbers from tests, go back to doctor, and after going over my dads history, he had SVT and a congenital bicuspid valve instead of a Tri. He actually is on a beta blocker when he didnt understand the med he was on was one (He thought it was just for blocking adrenaline). Grandfather died of heart attack in his 50's. So now I've got some hope that when I can get an echo cardiogram done to confirm what the Dr assumes is my inheriting this issue, if nothing else the beta blocker and some anti anxiety on the side should get me thru this finally. It just sucks it took a month to possibly figure out and right now challenge is trying to get a echo done asap so he can prescribe me atenolol right away and I can take the test and pass it. (Supervision actually told me since they dont drug test re-tests to go get high or find a beta blocker because that's how a few of our 400lb fat fucks pass it.)

Finances going to suck for a while, but trying to be positive and move thru it, I'm intending to follow thru with continuing to be active in going to the gym when it's jogging distance away from me. Was always one of those put off things, and now even when I have an excuse for an issue with a test that would be sorta easy for an out of shape person, going to sticking with the change.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Noticed that besides getting rid of the beloved garbage rating they also got rid of the Jewish Star. What kind of cruel bastards are you to have done this to Sterling? That was plainly the only thing that person had going on in their entire world.

Oh and AMod, put some fucking pictures up.. Act like you give a fuck.
Thanks a_skeleton_03 btw for the setup but I think your heirs are doing jack shit. 17-18 years was a good run tho!

• 2Garbage
  • 2Jew
Reactions: 3 users

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Noticed that besides getting rid of the beloved garbage rating they also got rid of the Jewish Star. What kind of cruel bastards are you to have done this to Sterling? That was plainly the only thing that person had going on in their entire world.

Oh and AMod, put some fucking pictures up.. Act like you give a fuck.
Thanks a_skeleton_03 btw for the setup but I think your heirs are doing jack shit. 17-18 years was a good run tho!

The whole reason the site changed was because it was accused of being anti-semitic.

• 2Jew
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I don't want to be racist, but; it's because he's a lazy, entitled piece of shit that expects to get something for nothing and it's perpetuated by his culture and by society. Obviously, NOT EVERYONE IS LIKE THAT. But, millions are. Fucking....millions....

Get the fucker fired and keep your gun at the ready. Like Rob13 said, he knows where you live.

By contrast, our UPS driver is pretty much loved by all. He's been doing it almost 30 years, is super personable and goes above and beyond even during Christmas rush.

Whoops, this is still the rustled jimmie thread, so I hate how the Amazon delivery 'civilians' don't follow any logic when it comes to whether they wait for you to confirm receipt or not. They've waited for me to confirm like a 2$ buy, while others just drop the $1000 item off and run back to their 30 year old car. Makes no sense ;)

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
There are excellent, unemployed people who would do a great job. That fucker can just go away.

The one downside to Trump's economy is that this isn't true anymore.

I never understood why they do that shit either. I try to make all my shipments "no signature required" because this was happening. It shouldn't be hard to come up with a system that's both fast and reasonable. Like knock, count to 100, then write out the missed delivery sticker if no activity. What's really infuriating is when you call them and say you were there, the driver didn't knock/ring and they just dismiss you with "well you must not have heard it". At least make us think it's going to be a black mark on his permanent record. Jot it down right under the time he got sassy with his 7th grade teacher.

• 1Like