Whats rustling your jimmies?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was unspokenly basically asking for confirmation if that's true... as well as to the benefit to others that didn't realize that can actually be dangerous.

My bad, yup its a real danger.

Here's one where a storage bin was hit and a spark happened in the dust.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
turning right at a red light is pretty new too, so?
Speaking of this and rustles, there is a stoplight that crosses a light rail track that I pass through every work day for the past 20 years. It has several (easy to see and read) signs posted prohibiting right turns on red because there would be 3 or 4 cars stacked up on the tracks if it were allowed. Every so often I'll be waiting at that light and some jackass is getting antsy because I'm not turning on red. They'll honk or edge up or even try to sneak past over the curb. My biggest rustle isn't actually the people doing that, it is the fact that I am certain the vast majority of them never even see the signs and assume I'm the asshole in the situation. Often I yell out my window to read the fucking sign and point at it, but if their window is closed they probably just assume I'm a nutjob or something.

Years and years ago I watched a cop waving people over immediately after they turned right, where another cop was waiting to give them a ticket. People would literally do it right in front of him, within plain sight of everyone being pulled over, simply because they never even look up for the fucking signs. I am fairly certain every single one of them was mystified as to why they were being pulled over until it was explained (and then probably didn't understand why turning was prohibited). Honestly if I were a cop looking to meet a ticket quota, that's the spot I'd sit at. If the tickets didn't take any time to write, I'm confident you could get 50+ an hour, easy.

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
All of the retards fishing for discrimination/harassment lawsuits in the news have caused my company to preemptively make everyone attend an 'interactive' training course on preventing harassment in the work place. Now I get to waste a few hours listening to SJW force feeding.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
My wife needs to do one of these sleep studies, and her Dr is trying to get my ass kicked with the "send home survey for your partner". Lots of the usual questions like "do they snore", "Have you heard them stop breathing at night" which is all fine and good. They they drop this one which is firmly in "Answer this honestly if you're stupid.." territory:

Shows increased irritability and quick temper

Do they think I'm some kind of goddamn rookie husband?

• 1Worf

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
People who have to drive through a parking space to park in the one in front of them. I know I gonna take flak for this because most of you fuckers probably do this maneuver, but what in the hell is wrong with nosing into a spot and backing out when you leave? Doesn't your reverse gear operate? Are you incapable of backing up without running into something? Are you that fucking lazy that you can't turn your head to see what's behind you and back out?

I know this is a losing battle but maybe we can compromise. If you insist on parking like a douche, can you at least learn how long your car/truck is so that you don't overhang into the spot behind you and take up two spaces?

I normally don't do this, but will happily if it's a busy place like Costco, where I always do it if possible. It's a pain in the ass backing out when 1 car is hovering nearby and too close for comfort waiting to pounce as soon as you vacate and other cars are also passing by constantly.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Not to mention more dumbass pedestrians that dawdle in the way the closer you get to the front.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Years and years ago I watched a cop waving people over immediately after they turned right, where another cop was waiting to give them a ticket. People would literally do it right in front of him, within plain sight of everyone being pulled over, simply because they never even look up for the fucking signs. I am fairly certain every single one of them was mystified as to why they were being pulled over until it was explained (and then probably didn't understand why turning was prohibited). Honestly if I were a cop looking to meet a ticket quota, that's the spot I'd sit at. If the tickets didn't take any time to write, I'm confident you could get 50+ an hour, easy.

Lol that reminds me of one place in Florida I used to live where the cops would sit at the corner with 3-5 of them (mostly motorcycle cops) and pull over everyone speeding through the school zone. Every now and then someone would keep going and one of the cops would have to chase them, probably because they were oblivious to literally anything going on as opposed to actually trying to run from the cops.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Lol that reminds me of one place in Florida I used to live where the cops would sit at the corner with 3-5 of them (mostly motorcycle cops) and pull over everyone speeding through the school zone. Every now and then someone would keep going and one of the cops would have to chase them, probably because they were oblivious to literally anything going on as opposed to actually trying to run from the cops.

I had that happen in NH once on the highway, a bunch of us were speeding, like 5 cars in a row. Cop on the side of the road pointed at us, everyone else pulled to the side, I kept going. I didn't see any blue lights. I was ready to blame my out of state plates on not knowing you can just point to pull people over, but nobody ever came after me.

• 2Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Growing up I lived in a pretty foresty town and while learning to drive, was taking a back road that wasn't ever occupied (lower risk really) and discovered there was a huge spruce (? gigantic christmas-y tree) that completely blocked the stop sign. One cop was always sitting there busting people, brilliant for ticket quota but seriously dick move where signs are blocked by trees.

Was another stop light closer to the highway that if you tried to turn left the light would never give the protected green and of course, had a 'no turn on red' sign. Not sure if the camera / motion detector I assume was supposed to respond to someone pulling up in the left lane was broken but you could sit there for half an hour and it'd stay red. Another prime time spot for cops to hang out and bust people

lurker

Vyemm Raider
One of my post-retirement get-out-of-the-house jobs was school bus driver. I don't know who the authority was but we drivers were never to turn right on red. Nobody in town except for school bus drivers knew this rule so it made for some really pissed off drivers piled up behind us as we waited for the light to change. At first it was embarrassing and I wished there was a sticker or something on the back of the bus that explained why I was holding up traffic, but after a few months of being honked at, shouted at, sworn at and flipped off I started to really enjoy being a roadblock.

• 1Worf

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't know where I know it from, but buses and other very large vehicles not turning right on red seems common sense to me.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Was using youtube for music at work today and wasn't signed in to anything because work computer. Had it going for like 2 hours, and it suddenly decides to autoplay to a video titled "Infinity War Ending explained" that is just some fucking mongoloid spoiling the entire movie while begging for likes and subscribes.

Nice fucking job youtube, bunch of cunts.

• 2Solidarity

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Coworker tells me: "I seen Affinity War this weekend."

The truly rustling part is that my laziness has kept me working in a place where that sort of thing is commonplace.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Oral board for law enforcement. Think I did well except driving away I realized in searching for an additional role model to list in addition to my go to. I gaffed severely saying the old guy from No country for old men when I was thinking about fucking Gran Torino (the guy's sacrifice for the kids etc at the end) Not the movie with a serial killer on the loose, an innefectual sheriff and other idiot that ends poorly for him....

FFFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffff. .

• 2Worf

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Got halfway through the swamp donkey of the year thread before realizing I had Trex on ignore, had to unblock and go back through...

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dealing with insurance companies (and I'm in the insurance industry). Fuuuuuucking pain. Everything moves at the speed of a glacier.