Whats rustling your jimmies?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
When I was new I had a boss who kept promising customers the moon. I'd be in those meetings taking notes thinking "cool can't wait to learn how to do that". I'd go to his office after the meeting with my list and go " ok so how do we do this?". He'd say "I don't know I thought you could do it". " no ... I just started in this field 3 months ago"

But this guy's shit is sloppy. When doing the Rev notes earlier I saw he had 2 revs with the same letter. He did that in 2 programs. One had a double b, the other had a double c. To make matters worse our policy is to use numbers not letters on software. One program had 2 files on the server with Rev d (the latest) but one had a date appended to the file name. Apparently that was the most recent. Not that I could tell from his naming methods, I looked at the actual date on the files.

I normally enjoy going in after someone else and figuring out their code and fixing it. But in this case it was like cleaning up my own house after a break in.

Anyway I will agree that the project managers share a lot of the blame. If nothing else they should have had him ask me what to use as a starting point.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Youtube cutting to a 42 minute full episode "ad" during a 24 minute construction toy video my 3 year old is watching via our Firestick. What the fuck Youtube? Their 4 minute long ads are bad enough. This shit is ridiculous.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So my paternity leave ended week before last, but I've been on vacation last two weeks, and they managed to fuck up today's paycheck by not including holiday hours for memorial day, or last week's vacation, so I got a tiny ass paycheck, that I don't think even accounts for the four days they supposedly covered. And I'll probably have to wait until Monday or next Friday for them to fix it and deposit. Fucking awesome part is, I had several payments setup to draft today, so if I hadn't had a nice nest egg to pull from, my account would have been super fucked.

They're going to fix it, just a pain in my ass to have to login and file an HR ticket. I also made the mistake of looking at my work inbox....yeaaaah, been gone two months. That's... That's a lot of emails.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shit son. If I'm gone 2 DAYS I have too many emails and it's a shit-storm of stress to play catch up. You may just have to say "fuck it" to anything older than a week and start from there.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wife occassionally goes into man cave and retrieves my laundry for wash, but she doesn't unroll socks, sleeves, etc.; throws in everything as is; and never checks pockets.

I've tried training myself to get everything perfect just in case she decides to "help" - but men, sometimes it's just great to kick off and do later. Save time when there's time to be had; do laundry when doing laundry.

On top, she often makes it abundantly clear that she did my laundry for me, like I just then shower her with praise and Thanksgiving.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
A couple years ago my wife and I were in a really bad spot with everything. She was horribly depressed for years from losing her parents...basically I picked up most of the chores of making our lives work, until I found myself horribly depressed and unable to do anything anymore. The only thing my wife did, with much complaining, was the laundry. Of course it was half assed most of the time. Anyway, we end up in therapy, went to see her therapist together. Her therapist at one point tells me I need to help out with the laundry because it's too stressful for my wife. At this point, I was so bad off that I could barely put together coherent thoughts as I was just infuriated with everything, and it was like okay, let's just shove this shit down on top of all the other shit, or I will literally lose all that shit in one blow and bad things will happen.

She stopped seeing us together after that because she couldn't handle me staring her down into oblivion. She also told me that I was the worst off patient she'd ever seen, and she can't help me. That's the exact wrong thing you want to hear when you feel helpless and depressed.

• 2Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I thought I was never going to get my wife trained to check pockets. I wish I could pass on some tips, but I don't remember how I did it. I think I just kept threatening to do my own laundry.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
She also told me that I was the worst off patient she'd ever seen, and she can't help me. That's the exact wrong thing you want to hear when you feel helpless and depressed.

Damn. Glad the suicide attempt(s) failed, bro.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
My wife doesn't touch my laundry. I'll move her stuff from the washer to the dryer (hanging up/folding stuff that shouldn't be put in the dryer, I grew up with 5 women, I know better), and will hang up/fold stuff in the dryer, if she leaves clothes in either. If I leave clothes in the washer, she just waits until I'm done with it. If I leave stuff in the dryer, she just tosses it into my bin. Can't complain, though, really. She does the dishes (though she creates 99% of them), vacuums often, cleans the bathrooms, dusts, and empties out the various small trash cans around the house - I take the big one out in the kitchen, but never put a bag in it cuz I'm a half-assing motherfucker.

Right now, the inability of our lower environment management team to ensure code is dispersed to the various environments after a launch is driving me insane. We can't move forward with new development until all the previous releases' code has been pushed out, and for some reason, the same fuckin' teams always fail to do this on any release they're involved in, and no amount of bitching about the issue has changed things. They want us to deploy faster and faster, spend less time testing, yet they can't get it going at the fuckin' start.... wish all the teams would just start using Docker, instead of having a non-unified code structure across the various teams.

• 1Like

Dalien

Registered Hodor
My rustle is shitters who drive for 5 miles with their turn signal on.

It's especially bad on the freeway because everyone around them thinks they're going to change lanes, but no they're just derping along with their left or right signal blinking.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I've often wondered about this myself. Are they deaf or just blasting gangster rap at full volume? How can they ignore that endless ticking noise?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
My rustle is shitters who drive for 5 miles with their turn signal on.

It's especially bad on the freeway because everyone around them thinks they're going to change lanes, but no they're just derping along with their left or right signal blinking.

I always get stuck between these, or sometimes people somehow drive with their brake lights on full time. Maybe a fuse is blown, but still, check your shit.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Dalien

Registered Hodor
I've often wondered about this myself. Are they deaf or just blasting gangster rap at full volume? How can they ignore that endless ticking noise?

99% of the time if you pass them and look in their car they have their phone to their ear or they are texting.

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I don't get your rustle. I assume you want the number smaller, but how small? Anything less than top 3 just wouldn't be right.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
People who drive like assholes in traffic. I don't really care if you wanna race your shittyvan when there are no other cars on the road, but in traffic you're risking your kid's lives, on top of all the other folks on the road. Quit trying to aggressively cut over three lanes and cut off everyone else while going 90 in a fucking 45.

Also fuckstick who drive down the middle of the lane in parking lots. Stick to your side, dickhead.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like