Whats rustling your jimmies?

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Thank all the Allahs that someone else is as wtfpissed off as I am at that type of driver. The weird thing I've noticed is that the practice seems to have started about 10 years ago. Suddenly there's all these folks leaving semi lengths between them and the car ahead. I keep thinking it's a staring at your fucking phone thing but barely any of them are phoning away when I look. I've started to just take their spaces whenever I'm able.
Pull the Fuck Forward!!

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm a city driver, so i'm pretty much sexually assaulting their bumper, at least i used to. I've stopped this, i noticed ppl "roll back" a bit, i'm sure this is the manual shifting (i've only driven auto, i'm thinking of trading in the old civic for an old beater manual, or we just go w/ a suv), ppl are just "slow" at traffic lights out here in KS.
Yeah, I keep enough distance to avoid rollback, especially on a hill, but nobody rolls back as far as these people leave open. It's been happening more and more recently too.

Now, one time I actually sort of saw the purpose to it, even though it still rustled my jimmies that she was doing it. Two HUGE black ladies in a tiny shitbox car, 8000 degrees outside here in Sacramento, their windows rolled down because of course their AC doesn't work. They left a several car distance because they were in the shade of the only tree around. I mean, I get that. I wouldn't do it, but at least I saw the point to that one. Everyone else I've seen though? No fucking reason that I can see.

Molten Core Raider
Im one of those who normally parks pretty close to the bumper of the car in front of me at lights as well, and it pisses me off when the light turns and there are 4-5 car lengths between each car going through the light. I always get stuck at the red because of that.

Now, slightly related story. A few weeks ago I pull up to a stop light, 2 cars in front of me. I notice a custom cruiser style bike on the side road, so I dont stop as close as I normally would, end up with about 15 feet in front so the car beside me doesnt block my view of the bike. Im looking at the bike when I am rear ended at 50+ mph. The guy behind me had brake failure (so he claims). He hit me hard enough that despite the fact I had my foot on the brake, it pushed me the distance and into the car in front of me. The 60+ year old woman driving was lucky that bike was there!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Can anyone give even a slightly reasonable explanation for this, besides just being a complete fucking moron?

I've seen people teach that you should leave a car length in front of you when stopped. I think that was mainly for cases like what karma described. I was just taught to be able to see their wheels on the pavement. I stop a little further back than that though. I make sure I have enough room to whip out of the lane quickly in case it turns out there's a stalled car up ahead. Bumper rapers get trapped by shit like that if there's not someone like me around who can make room for you to back up. Not to mention getting fucked by people driving sticks. The fact that there are fewer sticks on the road these days just means that the people driving them likely don't have as much practice. If someone in a stick rolls back into you, the burden of proof is on you to prove you didn't rear end them.

Anyway, I don't see what you're seeing, but my money would be on the people texting or leaving room for someone to get over. There's only one place on my daily drive where people regularly leave 1+ car lengths at a light, and it's a spot where 75% of the people getting off at the exit are trying to get all the way over to the right within about 100 or 200 yards.

Siliconemelons

Some states have rollback clauses/laws/statues that put the fault on the person behind for being too close and not allowing proper room.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
There are some schools of thought, including the old "Young Drivers of Canada," which teach you to remain a full car length behind the person in front of you at a traffic light in case someone rear-ends you. That way you don't include another car in the accident.

It's stupid.

• 1Solidarity

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
There are some schools of thought, including the old "Young Drivers of Canada," which teach you to remain a full car length behind the person in front of you at a traffic light in case someone rear-ends you. That way you don't include another car in the accident.

It's stupid.

It seems that way until you review chronic pain cases; you see maybe 15% of your chronic pain patients whose pain is directly caused by them getting rear-ended.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah, I keep enough distance to avoid rollback, especially on a hill, but nobody rolls back as far as these people leave open. It's been happening more and more recently too.

Now, one time I actually sort of saw the purpose to it, even though it still rustled my jimmies that she was doing it. Two HUGE black ladies in a tiny shitbox car, 8000 degrees outside here in Sacramento, their windows rolled down because of course their AC doesn't work. They left a several car distance because they were in the shade of the only tree around. I mean, I get that. I wouldn't do it, but at least I saw the point to that one. Everyone else I've seen though? No fucking reason that I can see.

Only time i've ever seen it is when people are leaving space to get in/out of driveways that they would otherwise be blocking, although that's not 3+ car-lengths usually...

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I've seen people teach that you should leave a car length in front of you when stopped. I think that was mainly for cases like what karma described. I was just taught to be able to see their wheels on the pavement. I stop a little further back than that though. I make sure I have enough room to whip out of the lane quickly in case it turns out there's a stalled car up ahead. Bumper rapers get trapped by shit like that if there's not someone like me around who can make room for you to back up. Not to mention getting fucked by people driving sticks. The fact that there are fewer sticks on the road these days just means that the people driving them likely don't have as much practice. If someone in a stick rolls back into you, the burden of proof is on you to prove you didn't rear end them.

Anyway, I don't see what you're seeing, but my money would be on the people texting or leaving room for someone to get over. There's only one place on my daily drive where people regularly leave 1+ car lengths at a light, and it's a spot where 75% of the people getting off at the exit are trying to get all the way over to the right within about 100 or 200 yards.
Yeah, I get all that, and I said a reasonable distance is fine. However, 1+ car lengths is not a reasonable distance. If anyone rolls back over an entire length of a vehicle, they don't deserve to have a driver's license, and in fact won't get one if they exhibit that kind of ineptness. Again, if you're in fucking San Francisco and on one of those insane hills (assuming it isn't covered in feces), I'd give somebody a huge distance in case they have a stick. This is in the middle of Sacramento surface streets, flat as Bree Larson's ass, there's just as much chance they roll forward as backward. And there are, at any given time, dozens of cars stopped in front and behind you. If someone plows into the back of the line and Human Centipede's the entire line all the way up to your car, and you save the car in front of you because you had all that space, well then you got me I guess.

Of course driveways and side streets you leave room. That's clearly not what I'm talking about. I have to make a left in front of traffic every day to get to work, and sometimes I have no opportunity at all until the cars are backed up and people are polite enough to leave a gap. I am all about returning those kinds of courtesies at every opportunity. It is a separate jimmy rustler when someone doesn't give a fuck and blocks me in those situations and then pretends they can't see me screaming at them about how fucking retarded they are. I'd never purposely be the blocking person in those situations.

These are stationary, nobody is fucking moving, nobody is turning, nobody is abruptly changing lanes because all the other lanes are just as backed up as yours. If everyone left 1+ car length between them, a) some jackhole would just fill it via changing lanes thinking they are getting ahead, and b) traffic would take twice as fucking long to get through because of the accordion effect at stop lights, and only half as many cars would make it through each light. Sure, if a car suddenly stalls out you're fucked, but at that point, in this kind of traffic, everyone is fucked at that point anyway. Leaving room for 1 in a 1000 events is a waste of everyone's time. You might as well just ride your bike everyday, just in case your car would have caught on fire.

And it isn't people texting, or leaving room just in case people want to get over. Since it is bumper to bumper traffic, I can see them do it over the period of many lights, and they are consistent. They are either terrified of being too close when at a complete stop, or just retarded. They aren't even idling in neutral in a stick and slowly rolling forward, they are completely stopped. They aren't looking down texting (I'm sure some are, but so are the ones parked closer), they aren't beating their kids, they are purposely doing it every time, for no reason that I can fathom. And they are fucking morons, every one of them.

Listen, I am not going to blow my top over a car length. Ain't nobody got time for that. The ones I was initially referring to are typically much more than that. But realistically, if everyone did a car length, as I mentioned above, it would be fucking horrible too. There's no reason to be able to see their tires. Aside from the fact that if you're in a truck that distance is about 4 inches, versus a sports car is about 20 feet. Everyone that drives for awhile has a pretty good idea what is a decent distance and has no problem finding that sweet spot. Except these people. And they need to be murdered, live on television, so people stop doing it.

EDIT: Yes, I'm super bored on a Friday morning. Mostly all in good fun. But really, they need to die.

• 1Solidarity

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Having a job offer but not being able to celebrate because in a week you have medical/psych etc screening to go thru for it. With my luck id jinx it and they decide i have too many moles or something silly.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So im watching my mom's dogs as she is back in the hospital. Go to let the dogs out this morning before going to work and the psychotic dog manages to squeeze itself in between the bars on my front gate and runs the fuck off.

Of course my mom did not have a collar with tags on it. Spent an hour walking around the neighborhood and haven't seen it.

Really fucking annoying thing is she was about to give the thing away because it has serious mental issues. Instead now im probably going to have to tell her it ran away while she's in the hospital.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
This tranny thinking they're cute gives me mucho rustles:

v NSFW / NSFL v

(originally from GG/SJW thread since I can't do NSFW in that thread)

• 2Worf
  • 1Barf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Vanessa Vanessa lol he thinks he's a true unicorn?

If someone plows into the back of the line and Human Centipede's the entire line all the way up to your car, and you save the car in front of you because you had all that space, well then you got me I guess.

That's the old school thinking. From what I've seen, there appears to be no difference in whether you'll hit the next car if you're a "super dave safety car length" behind them, or just far enough back to see wheels on pavement. The shitty thing is that sometimes the person in the middle gets a ticket in accidents like that.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
A Truenicorn™ !

Their poses in the gallery are possibly the most cringey things I've seen all year (and I've seen Hodjs RL pic recently, so that oughtta tell you the stakes).
Hodj RL pics?

I can only imagine, lol

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So moms dog never came back.

Also this morning my moms other dog decided to be a fucking retard and shit in my garage which I ended up stepping in. Just one thing after another.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This tranny thinking they're cute gives me mucho rustles:

v NSFW / NSFL v

(originally from GG/SJW thread since I can't do NSFW in that thread)
giphy.gif