Whats rustling your jimmies?

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
It was just me sending over the list of links to crap for them to QA that we do every month. Just "here's your shit, have fun." No conversation involved.

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
I used to deal with these same issues but it would be hey can make sure so and so is in the loop. For awhile I would just add a blank reply with said person cc'd. Then I just stopped doing it and told them their emails have been getting buried in my inbox. Sorry about that maybe it would be easier if you just forward it to the people you think could use the info!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Re unpaid gubmint workers.

Many credit unions are giving them interest free loans because they have been guaranteed backpay. If they are government workers they qualify to join a credit union that's doing this.

Even if not in a credit union, whatever bank holds their mortgage will probably offer the same because the banks don't want people defaulting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I have a friend who is a federal prosecutor. He's not getting paid. However, today he had court where he was taking a pretty big person in a drug ring out. He was not obligated to go, as he isn't being paid, but he went. The option was to dismiss the case for now, and hope to pick the guy up again at a later date. My friend works his ass off, and gets paid crap (especially on a lawyer scale of things). He's worried about his next mortgage payment, and his payments to the orthodontist, and buying food. His wife works part time at a small school, so they are making ends meet. They also have savings to cover things, but that can't last forever. They planned ahead, they planned well, but this shit is bananas. Put the fucking government back together. Get paychecks going again for people who are working.

I hate the federal government.

• 1Solidarity

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have a friend who is a federal prosecutor. He's not getting paid. However, today he had court where he was taking a pretty big person in a drug ring out. He was not obligated to go, as he isn't being paid, but he went. The option was to dismiss the case for now, and hope to pick the guy up again at a later date. My friend works his ass off, and gets paid crap (especially on a lawyer scale of things). He's worried about his next mortgage payment, and his payments to the orthodontist, and buying food. His wife works part time at a small school, so they are making ends meet. They also have savings to cover things, but that can't last forever. They planned ahead, they planned well, but this shit is bananas. Put the fucking government back together. Get paychecks going again for people who are working.

I hate the federal government.

How old is your friend that hes a lawyer and has orthodontia?

• 2Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
You do realize that said Gov workers had about 12 hours notice of this bullshit? I mean the House and Senate passed gov funding bills but then Ann fucking Coulter called the baby in chief Gutless and he 180'd and became the proud instigator of this ridiculous mess.
Saying that they oughta have been prepared is ignoring pretty much all the actual facts but hey you go right ahead and be you.

I'm rustled that I'm idiot enough to try to insert reality into this discussion.
Why don't you go throw a brick through Nancy's window.

Quit bitching. Don't vote Dem next time fgt.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
A small rustle but a rustle nonetheless. Sent an email to the head of a team at work to do a task. Get an email reply from them asking me to send that email to someone on their team. Were they unable to just press the fucking forward button on the email to get it where they wanted it to go? The fuck.
Passing the buck and not getting involved is a time honored tradition in email chains.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Last 4 month or so, once every week, I take business trip to big city and buy a batch of Biryani every night. It's cheap and plentiful so I do it again and again.

But there is 30% chance that the food will be spoiled by day 2 even if they are refrigated.

That is today.

And I am in the washroom

• 1Like

Jessika

Peasant
Have you given vaping an honest try? It comes with its own problems, but is really good as the first big step towards quitting. It allows you to break the cig habit without the horrible nicotine withdrawals and transitions you into smaller but more frequent nicotine hits, which for most means less nicotine overall.
Vaping certainly makes you smell better. But be careful, I hear they cause long beards, a man bun, and douchy hippie-ware

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Last 4 month or so, once every week, I take business trip to big city and buy a batch of Biryani every night. It's cheap and plentiful so I do it again and again.

But there is 30% chance that the food will be spoiled by day 2 even if they are refrigated.

That is today.

And I am in the washroom

They're probably leaving it out too long, or not chilling/holding at the right temperature, enjoy your bacillus cereus aka fried rice syndrome

Bacillus cereus is a Gram-positive, rod-shaped, aerobic, facultatively anaerobic, motile, beta hemolytic bacterium commonly found in soil and food. Some strains are harmful to humans and cause foodborne illness, while other strains can be beneficial as probiotics for animals.[1][2] It is the cause of "fried rice syndrome", as the bacteria are classically contracted from fried rice dishes that have been sitting at room temperature for hours.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Have to pretend to like my industry mates during a trade show for two days to try and drum up a little business. Makes me sick being so fake.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I want to buy a wiffle ball bat and take a week off work so that I can hide in the hallway closet and Babe Ruth the next person that touches the fucking thermostat.

giphy (5).gif

• 3Worf

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
When Internet randomly demands password and the one you put in doesn't work.
Reset it and it still doesn't work.

Sites that don't accept copy/pastes for password fields and force you to manually enter, rendering password managers useless.

• 3Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Websites do that shit for email addresses too. Enter it twice to verify but you can't copy paste. Wakandan I copy pasted the address in the first fucking field why can't I do it in the second one?

• 1Solidarity

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Websites do that shit for email addresses too. Enter it twice to verify but you can't copy paste. Wakandan I copy pasted the address in the first fucking field why can't I do it in the second one?

fuck.

• 1Like