Whats rustling your jimmies?

DrFukasaka

Lord Nagafen Raider
So you're gonna stalk the librarian? Good plan!
My plan is to pick up the kids trash and deposit it along with as much extra trash as i can come up with on her lawn. My theory is in short order she will get tired of cleaning it up and quit letting the kids leave with wrappers.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Smoke detector deciding to start chirping in the middle of the night on a work night.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
My first surgery was laparoscopic and the hydro wasn't much of an issue at all except maybe the first 24 hours after. The second though encountered problems and had to be open, and the recovery was nothing but problems on top of being drugged to hell with 18 hours a day being spent asleep or as close to one can be. I'm sure that there are many things that can go into how it affects someone, and I imagine that chemo probably changes how hard it all hits you as well.

Most of my cancer related pain came from before diagnosis and without any sort of pain meds at all. Having a grapefruit sized tumor in my colon and being too delirious from the blood loss to deal with it as a result was certainly rustling my jimmies. (Don't ignore those persistent pains, people)

Holy shit. The size of a grapefruit? You guys are gonna make me even more cancer paranoid than I already am. Glad you made it through. How the hell does it get that big though without noticing?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Holy shit. The size of a grapefruit? You guys are gonna make me even more cancer paranoid than I already am. Glad you made it through. How the hell does it get that big though without noticing?

I did notice from the early stages, but it advanced slowly over a year-long period. I hated doctors at the time and passed it off as just stomach problems. By the time the blood loss became noticible, I was so deep into anemia that I wasn't able to think straight. I went to the hospital because I was having fainting spells (lack of oxygen) and it all just blew up once the test results came back that my hemoglobin count was 47... My baseline is 160. I was a week away from bleeding to death.

While the cancer had gone stage 3 at that point, it was to a very small spread and surgery and preventative surgery took care of it. Also had a second surgery to nuke the majority of the rest of the colon just due to the genetically increased chance of it coming back.

So yeah... I learned to love doctors and I highly recommend not being hesitant about persistent pains, even if the possibility of having someone poke a finger up your ass to check things out is high.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Idiots who always have to one-up you on every story you tell. If you tell this person about the huge dump you took, they will no doubt have a story about the even bigger dump that _they_ took. And jesus came down from heaven and high fived him after.

Executive directors who unnecessarily insert themselves into a project; thinking they know how it can be done better and faster (faster yes, better NOOOOOOO). Everything that comes out of this person;s mouth cannot be taken seriously.

Seriously though, you should have seen the size of that shit. It was bigger than me. It defied not just biology, but the laws of physics themselves.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So yeah... I learned to love doctors and I highly recommend not being hesitant about persistent pains, even if the possibility of having someone poke a finger up your ass to check things out is high.

this, so much this. i ignored symptoms for 9 months before i went to the doctor. if i had gone right away, the doctor said that i likely wouldn't even have lost a testicle, light radiation and i would have been good. instead, three years of treatment now, with no sure end in sight.

go to the fucking doctor you stubborn fools!

• 2Like
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
this, so much this. i ignored symptoms for 9 months before i went to the doctor. if i had gone right away, the doctor said that i likely wouldn't even have lost a testicle, light radiation and i would have been good. instead, three years of treatment now, with no sure end in sight.

How obvious we're your symptoms? Very or just something you could pass off as being something else?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

I met a guy in the hospital during my first surgery from my town, who was within 2 years of my age, and had colon cancer as well, but had his spreading through his entire body. He was dying and there wasn't going to be anything that could stop it. I can't even put in words just how damn lucky I was despite all the things I did wrong leading up to it. He was me, just with a couple different variables. It was and continues to be sobering to say the least. Fuck cancer for it is the ultimate rustler of jimmies.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
My dad had pain in his right arm/hand for the longest time. He thought it was just carpal tunnel so basically ignored it for a long time.

Finally goes to a doctor and finds out the pain is actually being caused by a tumor in his chest pressing on the main nerve that runs into your right arm. Its removed and when its all said and done he only has 10% functionality of his right hand left along with permanent pain which has him prescribed morphine due to lasting nerve damage.

A5150Ylee

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seriously though, you should have seen the size of that shit. It was bigger than me. It defied not just biology, but the laws of physics themselves.

Seriously though, they didn't cut the cancer off of me, the cut me off the cancer...

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
How obvious we're your symptoms? Very or just something you could pass off as being something else?

Well, the most obvious symptom was a small lump on my testicle, but that somehow came and went -- wasn't always there. Whenever it would disappear I'd think "phew I'm okay."

But then other symptoms popped up that I was able to write off as from other causes. One was actually confusing to my doctors too. Around the time my testicle lump showed up, I also coincidentally had a kidney stone (confirmed via CT scan). Over the 9 months of ignoring symptoms, I would often get an intense pain in my left flank/abdomen that felt just like the pain from a kidney stone. Having had an actual confirmed kidney stone recently, I assumed the pain was more kidney stones, but I later found out that it was actually from a growing tumor in my retroperitoneal lymph node, right next to my kidney. It felt identical because much of the pain was from the tumor putting pressure on my kidney.

Another symptom was pain in my lower back and left hip. I assumed it was wear and tear from my physical labor job. But it was actually also from growing masses in other lymph nodes.

Testicular cancer is normally easy to treat, but once it spreads to the retroperitoneum it gets much more difficult to treat. I really fucked myself by waiting.

• 1Harrow

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Mother of FUCK yahoo mail is down and now I can't log into steam to buy games on sale that I'll never play.

maximum rustle of the day.

also I bought Farcry 5 some weeks ago and never even installed it, now it's even cheaper than back then. and too late to refund probably. but how would I know, I can't log in!

edit. shit I bought Farcry 5 on PS4 oh no. KILL ME ALREADY

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
and another. booked a holiday trip with my wife's cousin & family, so 7 people in total. to make booking easier everything is in his name. now the airline went tits-up and i hope this idiot is not being taken for a walk by the travel agency. we don't have to accept changes in flight time and / or airport. if these fuckers try to do that, we can cancel without a deductible.

but as far as I know this guy will be taken advantage of. this is also the guy that spent 210€ on seat reservations in the plane for all of us. 90 for his family and 120 for mine. what did he think, we'll have to stand for two hours while we're flying to turkey?

holy fucking fuck this is the last time I'm going on holiday with anybody besides my own family. if you want to go to the same place and book something, sure, go ahead, but I'm not sitting in the travel agency for another 2 and a half hours EVER. "oh no my wife wants sand beach, no sand/gravel mix" what American Inventor, your kid is 4, you think you'll be at the beach much? they have five pools, fucker. with slides and all other kinds of shit kids dig.
"oh no my wife doesn't want to go to the canary islands, she has contacts and the wind there blows sand in your eyes all the time" well fuck duh, wear glasses then.
"oh no my wife doesn't want to do the transfer by bus, let's charter a minivan taxi". eh.

the shit I have to put up with. I've had enough of this holiday months before it even starts. tableflip.jpg

• 1Worf

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
Mother of FUCK yahoo mail is down and now I can't log into steam to buy games on sale that I'll never play.

maximum rustle of the day.

also I bought Farcry 5 some weeks ago and never even installed it, now it's even cheaper than back then. and too late to refund probably. but how would I know, I can't log in!

edit. shit I bought Farcry 5 on PS4 oh no. KILL ME ALREADY
Your first mistake was yahoo email.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
Well in my defense, I've had this email for oh my, I forgot how long. Before 2002 so you might say everything is in this mail account. Dropping that and switching would be a colossal nightmare.
I had an email like this with Hotmail but I received like 20 spam mails everyday no joke...deleted it and never looked back...

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I had an email like this with Hotmail but I received like 20 spam mails everyday no joke...deleted it and never looked back...
20? More like 200 but the spam filter catches most.
I looked it up and I made the account july 1997. I've been that guy ever since. If any one of my old friends would want to... ah screw it, nobody would. But all my messageboard logins and game platform accounts are tied to that mail so... I'm screwed.