Whats rustling your jimmies?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
My daughters hockey team has all the most talented players in their age category, but they're all showboat bastards that never pass the puck. They could be killing everyone, but they have a 3-8 record. My daughter has scored most of their goals, but the guys won't pass to a girl. Fucking dickheads.

One moment of awesomeness in tonight's game was when my daughter full on laid out one of their biggest defense men with her shoulder (legally), and then proceeded to score. Guys on the team still won't pass to her.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My daughters hockey team has all the most talented players in their age category, but they're all showboat bastards that never pass the puck. They could be killing everyone, but they have a 3-8 record. My daughter has scored most of their goals, but the guys won't pass to a girl. Fucking dickheads.

One moment of awesomeness in tonight's game was when my daughter full on laid out one of their biggest defense men with her shoulder (legally), and then proceeded to score. Guys on the team still won't pass to her.

Sounds like the problem is not the kids (who are just being kids), but the shitty coach who isn't doing his job.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Sounds like the problem is not the kids (who are just being kids), but the shitty coach who isn't doing his job.

Coach has been trying desperately. It doesn't help she's the only girl on the team. It also doesn't help that all the guys hang out with each other, but my daughter isn't all that interested in sitting in their basement playing video games with them. The coach is screaming at them to pass to her, they just choose not to. After tonight's game the coach made her captain, stripping the guy who was captain. He also said that anyone who wasn't willing to share the puck with the entire team should not show up to tomorrow practice, and they'd be done with the team.

This will probably be her last year of organized hockey because of this, and that just makes me sad..

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Coach has been trying desperately. It doesn't help she's the only girl on the team. It also doesn't help that all the guys hang out with each other, but my daughter isn't all that interested in sitting in their basement playing video games with them. The coach is screaming at them to pass to her, they just choose not to. After tonight's game the coach made her captain, stripping the guy who was captain. He also said that anyone who wasn't willing to share the puck with the entire team should not show up to tomorrow practice, and they'd be done with the team.

This will probably be her last year of organized hockey because of this, and that just makes me sad..

Eh, sucks but it's also a good worldly experience for her.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
She's gonna have a bad time as the only girl on a boys hockey team. They're going to, and have, hazed the absolute fuck out of her. And it's going to be much much worse because of what the coach did. This isn't like when we were kids. We could have hazed her directly. These boys know that if they try they'll get expelled from school.

It's a little fucked up, because if she survived the direct hazing she would have earned her stripes with the little gang of proto-shitlords. Since they can't directly haze her it's so much harder for her to earn respect.

I can understand the frustration on the coaches part, and I can understand the frustration of you as the father. All he's done is reinforce the behavior though. Best case they will sullenly pass to her now. Worst case, they'll blame her directly for destroying the team.

Wall breaking like that takes time. Don't tell her the coach is a dickhead. Tell her why the boys are doing it, why they're going to keep doing it for a while, and how to gain their respect. So that... they'll pass her the puck. She's their RINGER, their sneak attack assassin. The boys on the other team do not expect her to be good. The team can use that to exploit every single opponent they will meet for at least two years. Because it will take that long for the shitheads to catch on.

My jimmies are being rustled about how far up is own ass Sam Harris is. He's getting around to correctly identifing problems, but he's so weasle words about admitting there is a problem with the far left and so eager to point it out in the far right.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Eh, sucks but it's also a good worldly experience for her.

It is. She's learning a lot.

She's gonna have a bad time as the only girl on a boys hockey team. They're going to, and have, hazed the absolute fuck out of her. And it's going to be much much worse because of what the coach did. This isn't like when we were kids. We could have hazed her directly. These boys know that if they try they'll get expelled from school.

I can understand the frustration on the coaches part, and I can understand the frustration of you as the father. All he's done is reinforce the behavior though. Best case they will sullenly pass to her now. Worst case, they'll blame her directly for destroying the team.

Wall breaking like that takes time. Don't tell her the coach is a dickhead. Tell her why the boys are doing it, why they're going to keep doing it for a while, and how to gain their respect. So that... they'll pass her the puck. She's their RINGER, their sneak attack assassin. The boys on the other team do not expect her to be good. The team can use that to exploit every single opponent they will meet for at least two years.

My jimmies are being rustled about how far up is own ass Sam Harris is. He's getting around to correctly identifing problems, but he's so weasle words about admitting there is a problem with the far left and so eager to point it out in the far right.

We've already talked about using her as a ringer to win in the locker room. She's small, and she has a pony tail sticking out of her helmet, so no one on the other teams think she's a threat.

Since posting my first post on this I've heard from four parents on the team. They're all mortified with how she's being treated by the guys, and are talking to their boys about this. I think the team seeing her flatten a huge player helped tonight, actually. It's weird, she has to demonstrate she can "man up" in order to be accepted. I know that's not new, but it's shitty.

Also talked to the coach. They're going to run physical drills tomorrow at practice. No sticks, no pucks, just a cone. Use your body to keep your opponent off the cone. (one of the drills only, obviously.) If anyone holds back from playing physical with my daughter, the coach told my daughter to do everything she can to take them to the ice as dirty as she likes. Coach thinks that getting over the physical part of playing with a girl might help this. They have enough gear on that there's no chance they're going to be coping a feel.

I gotta tell you, I hope we can get this sorted, because of all my kids, she's the most talented hockey player, and that's saying something. She's 5'1", and she flattened a 6' guy who was probably twice her weight tonight because she's so solid on her skates. She also sees the game - gets to where the puck is going, and forechecks like you wouldn't believe. She's at the point where I'm starting to have a hard time keeping up with her when we play family hockey. She outplays nearly all the guys she plays with, and this is all just bullshit.

Okay. Hissy fit over. We'll see what tomorrow's practice brings.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
For what its worth, my dad used to lose his shit when he coached my elementary school basketball team because no one would ever pass. He'd yell about everyone preferring to just throw the ball out of bounds rather than pass at practice and nothing ever changed.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I swear to god the people who think squirting is something other than urine are as retarded as the anti vaxx crowd and just as rabid in their stupidity.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Come on dude, you don't know about women's second bladder just full of ejaculate ready to go?
Muh skyenes glands!

Split the atom and sent robots to the edge of the solar system but the vagina is a mystery.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Trying to sell a car myself. I posted on the appropriate owner's forum and it's on AutoTrader. I'm getting to the point where I don't care that a dealer will give me $8,000 less on a trade than selling to a person. It's less hassle.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
what really gets me are the little things on tv. Like people arriving home and all the lights are on, almost never locking their cars, convertibles having roof down when parked, walking indoors with shoes on

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
what really gets me are the little things on tv. Like people arriving home and all the lights are on, almost never locking their cars, convertibles having roof down when parked, walking indoors with shoes on

I see a lot of convertibles with their roofs down. I don't know why anyone would leave it down, because I live in Florida and it can rain at any moment. Also leaves, insects, random people...

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
Trying to sell a car myself. I posted on the appropriate owner's forum and it's on AutoTrader. I'm getting to the point where I don't care that a dealer will give me $8,000 less on a trade than selling to a person. It's less hassle.
"I only have 5k (asking price of 9k). Can you give it to me.for.5k"

Sir fuck you.

• 3Solidarity

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Some people leave their lights on, makes it look like someone's in so would-be robbers would go to another house. Also can have the light be turned on when you get close by phone. And a lot of people still walk in their house with shoes on. Like not in most of asia, but europe/US, definitely.

Last edited:

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Some chucklenuts drives a crazy loud unmuffled truck through my quiet residential neighborhood every weekday morning at 5am. That's the obvious dickishness.

Secondary dickishness is that we're about three blocks away from a main arterial that runs parallel to the residential street this fucking degenerate roars down. Taking the arterial wouldn't eliminate the noise but god damn it'd be better for the neighborhoods. The only place he could conceivably be going to get to faster on the residential street is a steel mill a couple more blocks outside of the residential area. Taking a neighborhood street would save him making a left turn at an intersection, saving MAYBE 30 seconds on a commute.

Every day we stray further from God's light.

Have you tried calling the police and telling them this guy is at that spot at that time, every weekday morning? Get the neighbors to call too.

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
Have you tried calling the police and telling them this guy is at that spot at that time, every weekday morning? Get the neighbors to call too.

I ought to, yeah. My understanding is they're currently occupied with the drug addict population of RV and tent campers in Seattle.

EDIT - I mean not really occupied, it's not actually a crime in Seattle to be a drug addled nuisance yet.

A5150Ylee

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I ought to, yeah. My understanding is they're currently occupied with the drug addict population of RV and tent campers in Seattle.

EDIT - I mean not really occupied, it's not actually a crime in Seattle to be a drug addled nuisance yet.

Wait, I thought that was a requirement to live in Seattle...