Whats rustling your jimmies?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So your "better" system is dependent on there not being any stupid people.

Maybe you're one of those stupid people.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I'm mucho rustled right now due to my recent order of Kirkland Multivitamin Gummies.

They are so yummy n tasty and yet I cannot eat but two a day.

Companies shouldn't make something so tiny and so delicious that you're literally NOT supposed to OD on; vitamins are supposed to be "palatable, yet kinda gross" for a reason!

Fiber gummies taste better than real gummy bears. But you don't wanna OD on those either. I didn't know they had gummy multivitamins, I'll have to look into that.

Flintstone vitamins were good so you should have learned self control at a young age.

Or he believes that stupid should hurt.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, its called sufficiently long passwords.

The idea that my access to information is going to be dependent on the physical location of a device, or the battery life of that device, is so asinine I know a progressive came up with it. What a dumb fucking idea.

There was nothing wrong with passwords. Some people are idiots and do things like write their passwords down or pick stupid passwords. This is a problem with those individuals, not the password system.

Just the fact that someone is defending TFA is making me angry again. What the fuck. Now I have to carry some goddam electronic device around with me at all times just so I can log in and access my files? Who fucking thought that was OK?

In 10 years when a retinal scan and anal probe are required to log into email you fucks are still gonna be saying "this is fine, I am fine with this"

Fuck
I really fucking hate that I have to input my phone's PIN, then enter a separate, 8 digit PIN to get my TFA login code for work. Also, 30 day password resets, and every time I have a password reset, my Windows and Exchange accounts get out of sync and I need to contact support to reset my password again and "unlock" my account.

• 1Solidarity

Aldarion

Egg Nazi

People making stupid decisions with their passwords only hurts them.

TFA inconveniences everyone to a ridiculous, unacceptable level. Why the fuck would I voluntarily accept a system that forces me to carry a specific electronic device around with me everywhere I go, and lose access to all my information anytime its goddam ridiculously short battery life ends?

Used to be, you could carry a password around in your head and access your files anywhere, no problem. The future fucking blows.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I get that you're mad, but there's no way insecure passwords only hurts those they belong to.

We use 2FA at work, it's a small usb key that requires no battery. Plug it in, press a button, a random set of characters appear as my username and then I input my password. As a backup, if I forget the key, there's a backup, more classic 2FA where I pull out my phone and get the 30s number from Google Authenticator and append it to my usual username. I think you're raging at implementation, not the idea itself.

BTW, memorizing your passwords ensures you will either have short passwords, or will reuse passwords per site. Either is insecure.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Not really, one of the best ways to have secure passwords is to use sentences, with one or two characters or symbols dispersed. Longer passwords make them harder to crack, not random strings.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Not really, one of the best ways to have secure passwords is to use sentences, with one or two characters or symbols dispersed. Longer passwords make them harder to crack, not random strings.
I agree with this. The insecurity comes from having to memorize that, a stipulation from perl lover, ensuring reuse or compromised password strength. If you're storing your passwords properly in a vault instead of your head, then I have no problem with those types of passwords.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I get that you're mad, but there's no way insecure passwords only hurts those they belong to.

We use 2FA at work, it's a small usb key that requires no battery. Plug it in, press a button, a random set of characters appear as my username and then I input my password. As a backup, if I forget the key, there's a backup, more classic 2FA where I pull out my phone and get the 30s number from Google Authenticator and append it to my usual username. I think you're raging at implementation, not the idea itself.

BTW, memorizing your passwords ensures you will either have short passwords, or will reuse passwords per site. Either is insecure.
Not implementation. I object to the idea that I'm gonna carry around some fucking piece of hardware in order to access my information. This is fundamentally backwards, the opposite of progress. We used to be able to access our information using information. Now we need fucking hardware. I go days without touching my phone. On the weekend I typically dont even know where it is until I look for it Monday morning. Now I have to hold it in my hand at all times like some goddamn insecure Millennial faggot clinging desperately to the nutsack of social media hoping for a like or retweet.

I am not joking about the retina exams and anal probes. The fact that people have accepted TFA proves theyll accept any ridiculous bullshit in the name of 'security'

10-20 character passwords are secure enough for the kind of information I'm handling (access to my Google drive and university library subscriptions), and anyone who cant remember a 10-20 character password shouldnt be granted access to information more important than the instructions for cooking frozen chicken nuggets in a school cafeteria in the first place.

source - just had to drive 45 minutes out of my way because of goddamn TFA

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm sorry you're unable to adapt with the changing times, this seems like a personal issue. 2FA definitely has issues but you've failed to highlight any of them in a meaningful way besides "I've been inconvenienced because I'm lazy or forgetful".

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I think he covered an important one. That if you lose a piece of hardware, you're fucked.

Besides a lot of sites think they're way more important than they really are. Remember suenig threatening to turn on 2fa for everyone on FOH? Motherfucker, if I don't run money through you, you don't need a complex password. Much less 2FA.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pictured: Netflix stops playing to ask if I'm still watching. Child asleep in lap.
Not pictured: remote anywhere near me.

20190404_215308.jpg

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Stop by circle k on the way home to get a slurpee.

As im walking into it some literal Trayvon lookalike is panhandling and asks for change. I tell him I dont have any as I walk into the store. As Im exiting the store he asks again(literally less than 2 minutes had passed) this time I ignore him as Im walking the 40-50 feet to my truck. As Im walking I can hear someone behind me, glance back and can see its Obama's son. Keep walking towards my truck in the parking lot and hes still following me so I stop turn around and stare at him. He takes a few more steps towards me before stopping and staring at me. I dont say anything just stare right at him, after a second he backs up and starts pacing back and forth looking around the parking as if he was waiting for someone to join him.

Entire time guy never said a word as he was following me and had his hands in his hoodies pocket. Maybe its time to start CCWing.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
When did they change Windows 10 so that you need to specifically approve an application if it wants to write to your %user% folder? I've had to add Division 2 and Deluge. Was wondering why the fuck all my torrents were in "Error" status - turns out the application didn't have rights to write to the desktop. Fuckin' stupid.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Had a decent number of points on my Dave & Busters card and saw some wireless headphones for cheap. Figured I'd grab them since my wireless ones broke recently and they can stand in for a bit since I don't use them much anyway. Picked up a box with some blue headphones on them, get home and pop them open. Mother fuckers are bright ass pink, and sure enough there's a tiny ass little pink circle sticker on the top of the box. Goddamnit, going to look like a wannabe thot with these fucking things.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Had a decent number of points on my Dave & Busters card and saw some wireless headphones for cheap. Figured I'd grab them since my wireless ones broke recently and they can stand in for a bit since I don't use them much anyway. Picked up a box with some blue headphones on them, get home and pop them open. Mother fuckers are bright ass pink, and sure enough there's a tiny ass little pink circle sticker on the top of the box. Goddamnit, going to look like a wannabe thot with these fucking things.

If you kept your receipt you can return them.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Stop by circle k on the way home to get a slurpee.

As im walking into it some literal Trayvon lookalike is panhandling and asks for change. I tell him I dont have any as I walk into the store. As Im exiting the store he asks again(literally less than 2 minutes had passed) this time I ignore him as Im walking the 40-50 feet to my truck. As Im walking I can hear someone behind me, glance back and can see its Obama's son. Keep walking towards my truck in the parking lot and hes still following me so I stop turn around and stare at him. He takes a few more steps towards me before stopping and staring at me. I dont say anything just stare right at him, after a second he backs up and starts pacing back and forth looking around the parking as if he was waiting for someone to join him.

Entire time guy never said a word as he was following me and had his hands in his hoodies pocket. Maybe its time to start CCWing.
I report beggars every chance I get.

Although I did have the opportunity the other day to help. guy said he was hungry and asked for $1. just $1 he said. Little did he know, I had a banana on me. Reached in pulled that out and placed it in his palm like I was DK pimpin'
priceless

• 1Weird Boner