Whats rustling your jimmies?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
If you can use hands free what’s the issue? Cell phones shouldn’t be in your hands while driving anyways

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
If you can use hands free what’s the issue? Cell phones shouldn’t be in your hands while driving anyways

Because it's the lack of a hand that makes you a dangerous driver even though nearly everyone drives one handed anyway, and not being distracted by the person on the other end?

Nah, it's because they can't enforce it in a hands free situation. There's no logical reason for it at all.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
No, its the picking up your phone, looking at the screen, going through your contacts and dialing or texting that is bad, which tons do and shouldn't

But hey, fine make hands free against the law too then.

There's literally zero reason you need a phone in your hands while driving, if that means banning hands free to, so be it.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Because it's the lack of a hand that makes you a dangerous driver even though nearly everyone drives one handed anyway, and not being distracted by the person on the other end?

Nah, it's because they can't enforce it in a hands free situation. There's no logical reason for it at all.
being distracted by cellphone is one of major cause of accident and holding the cellphone in your hand go-hand to hand.

Now, I don't know if you can still text with mount top tho

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Right. Hands free allows me say say "Hey, call my son" and it does without ever looking at it or touching the phone. I don't get how people against bans don't realize that distracted driving is a real thing killing tons of people these days.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Using a phone whilst driving is a douchebag manoeuvre.

Nothing is so important that it can't have you pull over or wait. Hands free texting is fine if it's a short "On my way" type message.

• 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 4 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
No, its the picking up your phone, looking at the screen, going through your contacts and dialing or texting that is bad, which tons do and shouldn't

And you avoid that with hands free how? Because with hands free all you do it think the number and it dials?

It's not having a phone in your hand that's the problem. If it is, you have other serious issues and unless you're a teen shouldn't be allowed to drive at all. Nearly everyone already drives with one hand on the wheel anyway. Doesn't matter if the other hand is holding a beer, in your lady's lap, stretched across the back of the passenger seat, or holding a phone. None of that is the problem. It's the person on the other end distracting you.

The laws here outlaw any phone use by young drivers (I forget the age cutoff) and texting by anyone else but they have an exception for if you are using the phone as a navigational device. So basically, the law is unenforceable because who doesn't have a fucking map program on their phone. Even if you're not using it, you pull it up before the cop gets to your car and show it to him.

Any law that makes an exception for hands free is disingenuous. And anyone who thinks they're safer than that bitch in front of them because they use hands free, is fooling themselves. The truth is you see people driving like shit using hands free all the time. But you can't tell they're on the phone so you just think they're regular shitty drivers.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
All this fucking bullshit talking on GoT and not enough fighting and fucking.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Before bluetooth, for many years you could never use your phone in the car. Why is it such an issue now? I would rather have no phone usage at all. Even with bluetooth ppl cant concentrate on driving.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Bad drivers are bad drivers. Whole phone thing is a joke. I've been texting and driving for years with 0 issues.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Cool man, only takes one time to kill someone so you do you.
So I assume you never drive after having a drink? Even if it's just one?

Life's full of risks. You're like maddow giving a hypothetical about Russia invading south Dakota.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
In 1999 I was t-boned by a drunk driver that put my then girlfriend through the windshield killing her when we went off the road and hit a tree.

So no, not even after one drink.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
In 1999 I was t-boned by a drunk driver that put my then girlfriend through the windshield killing her when we went off the road and hit a tree.

So no, not even after one drink.
Good, me neither.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Maybe the hacker also had access to your email?

You should followup with them on that. Find out what all he had to know to do what he did. And let us know if they give you that info, because all companies I've dealt with would not help me out at all. (that's my rustle today, why won't you tell me what info the fucking hacker used to hack my acct!). I might start using that hotel if they are helpful.
There's been no odd access to my email as far as I can tell. New devices need confirmation by SMS, so it's not like it's too trivial to get in my shit.

The technical support of the hotel point thing is beyond useless. It's all Indian guys who don't know their asshole from their elbow.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Work computer died at 7. It's 9:30 and I don't know wtf to do.
Can't access files from another computer because it thinks they're opened by the computer. I can redo most of my work, probably, but my teammate's?

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Are you for real right now? I literally speak “siri, call my son” and it calls him.

I guess we're going to have to pick nits now. That's not hands free, that's voice activation. You can do that and still put the phone to you're damned ear.