Whats rustling your jimmies?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Reminds me of the lisencing fieasco in MN right now. New system was supposed to cost $10 million, they've spent like $110 million on it so far and just requested $30 million more to fix the issues they are having. I requested a copy of my title over a 11 months ago and they still haven't got it to me yet and I'm far from being an isolated incident. There's peopel who have bought new cars 15 months ago and still haven't got their plates from the state yet.

• 1RAGE
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Hoss Hoss
Thanks man. I was curious about how much of that was pulled out of thin air and the answer is Some Of It but it's closeish. 4000 dead a year from idiotic stuff like texting is pretty appalling.

• 2Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Also Hoss, I don’t think you’re an asshole. You’re passionate about something and that’s fine. I don’t dig the needless insults but whatever. 🤷🏻‍♂️

The insults are fun. Besides, they only came about because you accused me of not being able to put down my phone when I'm pretty sure I said early on that I don't use it while driving. What I'm passionate about is not letting emotions write laws. We don't need another ineffective impossible to enforce law. If you can't show there's a problem with meaningful numbers, then how can you fix it?

I've only known 2 people in my life who didn't speed. One was the mom of a friend of mine in HS. She actually sped once and got caught and cried for 30 minutes. Her kids were like 2 and 4 and in the back seat. The cop wound up staying with her until she was ready to drive again, and didn't even issue the warning. The other was a girl who had newly accepted Christ and she took the command to 'give unto Cesar' very seriously.

Rathar Rathar What part was pulled from thin air? If you are talking about the fact that I rounded to make a bigger impact, then yeah I did that. So did you. But I don't think I pulled anything from thin air and presented it as fact. I'm not sold on the notion that those people who caused accidents while on their phone wouldn't have caused accidents anyway. Not to the point where we need laws anyway. I'm all for education campaigns though. You gotta get them young if you want to change anything. See cigarettes and seat belts for examples.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I actually never speed. I've never had a ticket. I have no desire to go super fast. It's one of the reasons I am still comfortable having/driving a motorcycle. I'm a cautious, slow driver. Didn't get the speed gene.

• 1Like

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
Jimmies rustled.

When I have wood and I need to go take a shit (no connection). I sit down on the pot but my massive man meat won’t fit into the toilet without bending things in very uncomfortable ways then piss starts coming out before I can get things situated. I end up pissing on the back of my pants.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 3 users

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Hoss Hoss I was talking about this part "I can't find data for accident rates in 2000" but initially you set your baseline for deaths in 2000. Ergo pulling it outta thin air.
I probably missed something though so no worries.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Hoss Hoss I was talking about this part "I can't find data for accident rates in 2000" but initially you set your baseline for deaths in 2000. Ergo pulling it outta thin air.
I probably missed something though so no worries.

I meant motor vehicle accidents only. I found data for "Motor vehicle accident deaths" (which were the numbers I used) going all the way back to like 1974 or maybe earlier. I just think it's more relevant how many accidents there were total, even if they didn't include deaths. No one seems to keep that data or at least no one has bothered to compile it and put it in the internet for me to find.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jimmies rustled.

When I have wood and I need to go take a shit (no connection). I sit down on the pot but my massive man meat won’t fit into the toilet without bending things in very uncomfortable ways then piss starts coming out before I can get things situated. I end up pissing on the back of my pants.
A wad of paper helps a little.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Still at work. 8a-7p, 8a-9p, 8a-3a shifts getting fucking bullshitty. I'm salary. No OT. No praise or thanks, just yelling and threats to get it done. I've had deadlines push forward twice since they cut staff and put those jobs on me without increase in pay (I quote, "Fuuuck that." Was their answer to my raise request). Two of my three computers are dead and they're not going to replace. Had to clean vents on my own dime because I got tired of coughing up soot.
Soon as I get energy and time I'm applying elsewhere (and wait half a year for them to respond if at all. Work is bullshit.)
Even with budgeting, I profit less than $200 mo/

Last edited:
  • 2WTF

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Still at work. 8a-7p, 8a-9p, 8a-3a shifts getting fucking bullshitty. I'm salary. No OT. No praise or thanks, just yelling and threats to get it done. I've had deadlines push forward twice since they cut staff and put those jobs on me without increase in pay (I quote, "Fuuuck that." Was their answer to my raise request). Two of my three computers are dead and they're not going to replace. Had to clean vents on my own dime because I got tired of coughing up soot.
Soon as I get energy and time I'm applying elsewhere (and wait half a year for them to respond if at all. Work is bullshit.)
Even with budgeting, I profit less than $200 mo/
Working my ass off to meet a deadline that's arbitrarily 24 hours sooner than it should be, my child asleep in the office chair next to me at work. Crunching the time needed. Most likely I'd work up to point of leaving to drive 30 minutes to drop child off at school in same clothes as before, then drive back to finish, forcing a late deadline and a chewout.
Still exhausted from last week
Instead boss calls me and gives new opportunity. He curses a bit for inspiration, it's his style, telling me he's going to bed and it better be done in the morning when he wakes. I tell him I'm done.
I quit.

He softens up, come on don't be like that.

I tell him my peace (recently discovered it's piece, f-it. I brought me to peace for saying it). Polite and without cursing.

He says you can do this two ways. You can be a man and finish your job, or you can choose the other way.

I'm done. I said.

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Yeah bro I was going to say that the long hours is one way they keep you enslaved. He knew he didn't have to pay you more or treat you better because you didn't have time to look for another job. I wouldn't have told you to quit on the spot but you were obviously being run ragged. I would have told you to tell him you're working 8 hours and that's it. Let him fire you for it. Depending on your state laws you might have fucked yourself out of unemployment by quitting. It might even be a good idea to just go back and pretend you didn't quit. Tell him you meant you were knocking off for the day. Worst case he fires you and you can get unemployment. Then use your free time to look for a new job.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah bro I was going to say that the long hours is one way they keep you enslaved. He knew he didn't have to pay you more or treat you better because you didn't have time to look for another job. I wouldn't have told you to quit on the spot but you were obviously being run ragged. I would have told you to tell him you're working 8 hours and that's it. Let him fire you for it. Depending on your state laws you might have fucked yourself out of unemployment by quitting. It might even be a good idea to just go back and pretend you didn't quit. Tell him you meant you were knocking off for the day. Worst case he fires you and you can get unemployment. Then use your free time to look for a new job.
It was do or die. Either I was going to work myself ragged to finish or not. Then again, we left things with him saying, "well do what you have to" and he's been emailing me content to place, including stitched together work from my notes.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
My town is full of pussy hat wearing moms. Apparently the school my son goes to implemented a new rule. 3 strikes and you can't do 1 end of year event like a field day or whatever.
Strike = Bad behavior, no homework, etc. This is 3rd through 5th grade.

You can "earn back" a strike too, by making up the homework or whatever.

All the moms and even some Dads are upset about this. Am I some neanderthal hardass that I think this is fine? The mom that posted was upset her son got a strike for kicking a door and almost hitting a teacher. I mean yeah, that's a paddlin. She'd rather it be resolved by writing an I'm sorry and cleaning up the classroom to repent.

I don't know the current behavioral science but to me it's both punishment and reward to curb bad behavior. You're going to get dinged for things like kicking in a door, if it's for something unfair... that's life and we can talk about how you'd handle it.

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
As long as it's not zero tolerance, there's nothing to be upset about. Dashel Dashel

So I got held over on this job for another day. This is like 3 or 4 days in a row where I was on a flight home and got pulled. 2 days ago they told me at about 8 or 9 in the evening. Today they told me when the flight was about 30 minutes out, and I actually had to ask if I'd been pulled. I was helping them figure out a problem that had almost nothing to do with my equipment (signals were just being passed though my shit). I was busting my ass to get them everything they needed before I left too. I was told there's a meeting this afternoon where they'll all get it straight that the problem isn't with my stuff and I can go. What's really pissing me off though is that I'm not invited to the meeting. WHY THE FUCK AM I STILL HERE IF YOU DON'T WANT MY INPUT ON THIS PROBLEM?

I've been here over twice as long as I expected and only today am I getting pissed about this bullshit.

I still haven't seen endgame. Fucking antman better fly up thanos's ass and expand.

• 2Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm thinking of going back to FireFox because Chrome is such a memory hog. Have they (in general) gotten better?

Firefox has been better than Chrome with memory for years. As for the rest? I don't know as I don't use Chrome. Edge is being replaced by Microsoft with a Chromium based browser soon, so you'll probably have both that and Firefox to switch to. FF is fine (when google aren't being cunts against their competitors) and they aren't tripping over their own dicks. I've been using it for everything other than Netflix since it came out without much complaint.