Whats rustling your jimmies?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
You gotta think of your life like a jar of rocks. The most important things are the biggest rocks. You have to put the big rocks in first and there will be room for the smaller rocks to fill up the gaps. But if you put the smaller ones in first, they'll fill up the jar and leave no room for the larger ones. From what you said, clearly your social life is a big rock that you have no room for.

Also, when you get better at your job you'll have more time. So there's that to look forward to. As a young'n you're still putting in your dues.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
You gotta think of your life like a jar of rocks. The most important things are the biggest rocks. You have to put the big rocks in first and there will be room for the smaller rocks to fill up the gaps. But if you put the smaller ones in first, they'll fill up the jar and leave no room for the larger ones. From what you said, clearly your social life is a big rock that you have no room for.

Also, when you get better at your job you'll have more time. So there's that to look forward to. As a young'n you're still putting in your dues.
I got better and efficient which is leaving me with extra hour per day compared to last two years ... Boss knows it but doesn't care because he sees result anyways....

I also finished college program in between so...that's extra day per week....

With this extra time....I feel a little empty.

I think Hoss Hoss I am gonna take control of my body and start working on my body image....it's one thing that constantly fluctuated in my life and I think I can dedicate good portion of my life to it....hopefully I get good result...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Bitches got me figured out. I guess they understand joysticks.

• 1Worf

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Pulled a bottle of sriracha out of the fridge and shook it to unsettle the contents, but the cap wasn't completely screwed down and I splashed it all over my kitchen

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
Pulled a bottle of sriracha out of the fridge and shook it to unsettle the contents, but the cap wasn't completely screwed down and I splashed it all over my kitchen
Did that with some mustard. Cap was closed but the snapping mechanism on the lid is cheap and it flew open. Yellow everywhere.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm still pissed. My little cute, full of life and love 5yo was called creepy by somebody at his school. I don't know when, but on the ride home from pickup he asked what it meant.
It has sat with me all night and even now.
"Creepy" is as bad of a word as American Inventor or cunt. Worse even because it gives no reason or resolve. It's sexist, almost exclusively targeting men.
It discourages social interaction and it can be applied to anything. Looking, not looking, talking, not talking, being in the room, being away. It's inescapable. Toxic.
And should a person embrace the title? Now they're truly monstrous and do act as we fear. But reject and endure the label? Misery and despair.
And he's 5, incapable of being sexually sinister but keep calling him that and he'll surely get there, such is the power of that word
I know why he was called it, I guarantee. When around loud, busy, or different actors he gets quiet and observes. He soaks it all in and later gives remarkable respectives. My father and I both do our own versions. So I understand the sting.
Triggered

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I'm still pissed. My little cute, full of life and love 5yo was called creepy by somebody at his school. I don't know when, but on the ride home from pickup he asked what it meant.
"Creepy" is as bad of a word as American Inventor or cunt. Worse even because it gives no reason or resolve. It's sexist, almost exclusively targeting men.
It discourages social interaction and it can be applied to anything. Looking, not looking, talking, not talking, being in the room, being away. It's inescapable. Toxic.
And should a person embrace the title? Now they're truly monstrous and do act as we fear. But reject and endure the label? Misery and despair.
And he's 5, incapable of being sexually sinister but keep calling him that and he'll surely get there, such is the power of that word
I know why he was called it, I guarantee. When around loud, busy, or different actors he gets quiet and observes. He soaks it all in and later gives remarkable respectives. My father and I both do our own versions. So I understand the sting.
Triggered
I don't have a kid but fuck that hurts.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Triggered
Good post, and something I hadn't thought about much before - insults are worse when they don't highlight a specific problem?
fuck that hurts.
Had the same thought.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Triggered
Fuck, that would piss me off. Find out who did it and ask the teacher to give the kid lessons on prejudice and inclusion, instead of being a right cunt.

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Good post, and something I hadn't thought about much before - insults are worse when they don't highlight a specific problem?

No, specific insults always cut deeper. The problem with creepy is that it's a label that can't be shaken and could have long term ramifications on the development of his child if it sticks. If you try to be less creepy, it will look more creepy. If you argue against it, it looks more creepy. If you ignore it, it looks like a tacit admission of creepiness. It's up there with being called bitchy, but bitchy doesn't have the predatory connotations with it.

As opposed to being labeled "stupid". You can make good grades and shake that label.

• 1Solidarity

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
People who don't fact check or check their sources before spreading shit that's blatantly false. Then get pissed at me for providing a metric ton of evidence to the contrary, just to keep them on the rails.

Also the part where it's making me consider universal education, but I don't think education can fix the amount of stupid portrayed here. There is definitely a strong lack of scientific understanding in the masses. They regurgitate or even blog their own ridiculous interpretations of scientific journals or reports because they don't know how to read them. The worst is when a journal says something very specific, and some dick head links that thing in their mind to shit like mental disabilities or cancer because they just don't fucking get what said results are actually saying. Like, how can you have the audacity to make statement regarding how something affects such and such gene when you have no idea what that gene is, it's mode of operation, or even how dna/rna function...

The "sky is falling" mental attitude probably pisses me off the most. Where the fuck is your hope? Your positivity? A lot of these folks I'm talking about were once happy, cheerful folks, then shit happens over their lifetime and now everything is out there to get them. It's fucking absurd. Maybe they should start doubting themselves, instead of those who spend their fucking life studying shit.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Cars blocking lanes in a parking lot and they wave me to go around when theres no room to do so. Just fucking park your shit if you are waiting for someone you fucking fucks!

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Roddsgto

Trakanon Raider
Having to look up and distinguish the difference between ton, tonne, long ton, short ton, and metric ton. Just don't use a descriptor, call it a generic ton when describing things that there are a lot of...

btw: US ton is short ton at 2000 lbs, British ton is long ton at 2240 lbs, and the metric ton is tonne at 2204 lbs.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Triggered

• 1Like