Whats rustling your jimmies?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Anyone else have the "everything needs to be done in a meeting" person in their office? Doesn't matter how simple something would be able to figure out with a few short e-mails, she(yea, it's always a she) needs to call a meeting and invite 10+ people.

Just finished a project to transform some incoming data to a canonical, internal format and only need to know what clients I have to set up to use it. 3 emails later I get the "Way too many e-mails, we will take care of this on a call" email. There are 11 people on the fucking invite list. This woman rustles the fuck out of my jimmies.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
+1

Decline, and in the message tell her to let you know what they decide.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I do, every time. The point is this woman sucks and wastes everyone's time, constantly. Which is the fault of our various supervisors, they take the approach of apathy with her because she raises a stink every time she doesn't get her way. And since they never reign her in she actually thinks she's the boss.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Deliberately mispronounced words, that are mispronounced out of a misguided attempt to appear educated.

Pronouncing forest as far-est or Dora as Da-ra.

Pronouncing the L in folk.

NPR does this shit every day and every day it irritates me more.

• 1Rustled

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
When pet owners are called moms/dad of the animal.

My brother in law and his wife have two dogs they refer to as their kids. They are insistent they spend as much time on their dogs development as we spend on our kids. Last time they said that to me I replied with something like "Really? Too bad they can't learn to read. Or drive. Or apply to colleges, or actually learn anything more than basic commands. Children are more complex than dogs, and if you can't accept that, you and I should probably not spend a lot of time together anymore."

Don't even care how uncomfortable that makes family gatherings. You spend as much time on your dog's development as parents do on children? Isn't that special.

• 2Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
My brother in law and his wife have two dogs they refer to as their kids. They are insistent they spend as much time on their dogs development as we spend on our kids. Last time they said that to me I replied with something like "Really? Too bad they can't learn to read. Or drive. Or apply to colleges, or actually learn anything more than basic commands. Children are more complex than dogs, and if you can't accept that, you and I should probably not spend a lot of time together anymore."

Don't even care how uncomfortable that makes family gatherings. You spend as much time on your dog's development as parents do on children? Isn't that special.

My brother and his wife are like this with their two dogs. They always bring their dogs when they travel, and just bring them over to my house whenever they're in the state. Personally I don't mind animals but I just don't like having them in my home. It drives me crazy that people would just bring their dogs over unannounced. However, when my son was young, one of the dogs was semi aggressive toward him. It was showing its teeth, growling, and even kind of doing a little bit of a nip without making contact. They just kind of laughed it off, and said something stupid about the dog being a territorial bitch. I looked my brother dead in the face and said I know you love your dogs but if that thing nips my kid I'm going to kick it across the room. They haven't brought their dogs over my house since. In fact now that I think about it I don't think they've come back to our house since. Lololol

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
On this pet derail, the people that drive around their dogs or cats in a stroller rustle me to no end.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
On this pet derail, the people that drive around their dogs or cats in a stroller rustle me to no end.
A couple in my neighborhood that look to be in their mid 50's have 2 little dogs they do this with. The wife and I always say something.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Anyone else have the "everything needs to be done in a meeting" person in their office? Doesn't matter how simple something would be able to figure out with a few short e-mails, she(yea, it's always a she) needs to call a meeting and invite 10+ people.

Just finished a project to transform some incoming data to a canonical, internal format and only need to know what clients I have to set up to use it. 3 emails later I get the "Way too many e-mails, we will take care of this on a call" email. There are 11 people on the fucking invite list. This woman rustles the fuck out of my jimmies.
Had this happen the last couple days. It was a 330pm meeting that was rescheduled from earlier on the day because she had a conflict, said I couldn't make that time but had a back up who was as up to speed as I was... She was adamant in having me there, but I was like "he can answer any questions, he's been there the whole time, anything he can't answer we can cover later..." I even prepped my backup with questions and content to cover... this fuckin bitch had ONE GODDAMN QUESTION THAT COULD HAVE BEEN ASKED AND ANSWERED IN AN EMAIL. FUCK.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Tomorrow morning a friend of mine will die. He had complications with his heart while having a routine surgery on his foot. He never came out of it, and there is now no path to recovery possible. This guy is 50. I spent the evening in his hospital room with his wife and daughters. They made the decision to pull the plug in the morning because there is minimal to no brain activity. He's never recovering, and is already dead.

I am rustled because this shit just shouldn't happen. He was healthy, not old, took care of himself...

If you're the praying type, pray for the family. The wife has to live with the decision to pull the plug. The kids have to graduate college, get married, and have kids without their dad.

Fuck everything.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 5 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
A couple years ago I lost a good friend of mine. I heard he was in the hospital from another friend of mine. I mentioned that I was going to call him right now. The friend told me I didn't need to because he had talked to him a few minutes ago and apparently he was getting out tonight. I didn't think to question how the hell he was getting out tonight. Anyway, he died that night. A few months later I was talking to another mutual friend who had taken his phone after he died, and he mentioned how he was telling everyone he was going to "check out" tonight.

That's how he talked, he was an old hippy. The first guy should have known what that meant. Anyway, I learned a lesson and I guess it's better to know it's coming than to think he's allright and about to be released.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tomorrow morning a friend of mine will die. He had complications with his heart while having a routine surgery on his foot. He never came out of it, and there is now no path to recovery possible. This guy is 50. I spent the evening in his hospital room with his wife and daughters. They made the decision to pull the plug in the morning because there is minimal to no brain activity. He's never recovering, and is already dead.

I am rustled because this shit just shouldn't happen. He was healthy, not old, took care of himself...

If you're the praying type, pray for the family. The wife has to live with the decision to pull the plug. The kids have to graduate college, get married, and have kids without their dad.

Fuck everything.

For what it's worth, I'm sorry to hear that. It's the worst thing in the world to lose a loved one. Not to sound glib, but I hope he had plenty of life insurance for his family. There's a reason it's important.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Shitty dog owners are one of my top tier rustlers. Your dog is an animal not a god damn person. You treating it like a person just creates a shitty, unruly dog. Treat it like a dog and you will have an amazing animal.

Also, can anyone explain to me what in god's name goes through a retard's head at Chipotle that causes them to put their fucking hand over the glass and point at what they want? Why? Why do these fucking inbred retards do this? Seriously every time I go to Chipotle some fucking autistic inbred mouth breather is reaching over the damn glass and putting their finger a few inches away from whatever they are asking for.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Friends getting married is rustling my jimmies hard lately. Went to a wedding in Arizona in the winter, next week Ill be down in austin for a wedding and then need to go to Oregon in July for another.

Shits expensive.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Fucking passed out for the first time giving blood (well after I was already completely done and was just trying to open my juice). Weirdest damn feeling and usually I just start feeling faint gradually but this time it came out of nowhere and I went from fine to out in the time it took for me to say I was feeling weird. Thankfully they slapped me out of it after a minute or so but damn that’s embarrassing. My streak is ruined. Gotta say I’ve never felt so refreshed waking up as I did coming out of that.

• 1Like