Whats rustling your jimmies?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Everyone in online, multiplayer games. The worst collection of toxic pieces of shit. Maybe I'm getting old and cranky, but it's really ridiculous.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Fucking passed out for the first time giving blood (well after I was already completely done and was just trying to open my juice). Weirdest damn feeling and usually I just start feeling faint gradually but this time it came out of nowhere and I went from fine to out in the time it took for me to say I was feeling weird. Thankfully they slapped me out of it after a minute or so but damn that’s embarrassing. My streak is ruined. Gotta say I’ve never felt so refreshed waking up as I did coming out of that.

I had to get an IV for a procedure and the anesthesiologist poked me 3 times and ended up doing a cephalic placement (despite me having great vascularity but whatev). But the trigger part is I could feel myself going vagal and I told them, please lay me down and get my feet up or I'm going to pass out.

"Oh, do you want some water?"

Lay me down now or you're going to have a problem and I'm going to slide right out of this fucking chair and if I wake up on the floor I'm going to be fucking pissed.

C'mon rook.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Typing on my phone and it auto completes a word before I finish it. But the auto completed word isn't a word. So when I go to correct it I have to first tell the phone not to add it to the dictionary. Seriously as if auto complete isn't bad enough, why the fuck is it doing words it doesn't even know?

The latest word was before. After the 'bef' I guess I dragged my finger a little and wound up with befoire.

A related rustle. I have auto correct and auto complete and suggestions turned off in the system settings. Why do so many fucking apps still try to auto complete and auto correct? Why can't they just match the system settings?

Ok one more because it just happened. When I'm typing fast I hit some key combination that opens up some dumb fucking program that I don't even recognize. Dunno what it does how I opened it or how to delete it from my phone. But I accidentally activate it a few times a week.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Playing Planetside 2, actually a lot of fun with the DX11 changes, flying a Liberator with full crew in it. Computer promptly auto-tabs out to some Canon printer bull shit, I kill everyone inside my plane. Apparently wife installed a Canon printer driver, just clicked through install. Now it's taking over my game PC. FUN.

Currently uninstalling it, halfway through. There were TWELVE fucking programs installed for one goddamn printer.

Because this is screenshots forum, here is me halfway through it
RfnrSxa.png
:

Yes my password is now changed.

• 2Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Guess my girlfriend forgot to close the garage door when she left after me for work. House door 100% unlocked. Glad my stuff is still here.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
First World Problem! /tweetswhistleloudly A beer is still in hand albeit less than functional.
3 meter sportsball penalty but still first down.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Playing Planetside 2, actually a lot of fun with the DX11 changes, flying a Liberator with full crew in it. Computer promptly auto-tabs out to some Canon printer bull shit, I kill everyone inside my plane. Apparently wife installed a Canon printer driver, just clicked through install. Now it's taking over my game PC. FUN.

Currently uninstalling it, halfway through. There were TWELVE fucking programs installed for one goddamn printer.

Because this is screenshots forum, here is me halfway through it

Yes my password is now changed.
HP does the same shit, I got a printer from my parents since they don't use it anymore and bought a new one, that shit came with like 20 different programs to do the most useless and stupid shit, including registering so you can authenticate your printer cartridges so you know you didn't buy a "fake" one that's like 1/10th of the price and works just fine. I had to install some of them too cause it has a scanner and while the printing can probably use generic drivers, I don't think the scanner does. Had to delete shit from the registry to prevent it from launching automatically though.

Oh also slight rustle, moved in a new house, asked for trash cans(the city handles that stuff), made the mistake of saying I was living alone. They gave me small ass trash cans, can't fit the trash bags I used before in them(100L bags) so I have to either half fill the bags or use smaller bags now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
A couple years ago I lost a good friend of mine. I heard he was in the hospital from another friend of mine. I mentioned that I was going to call him right now. The friend told me I didn't need to because he had talked to him a few minutes ago and apparently he was getting out tonight. I didn't think to question how the hell he was getting out tonight. Anyway, he died that night. A few months later I was talking to another mutual friend who had taken his phone after he died, and he mentioned how he was telling everyone he was going to "check out" tonight.

That's how he talked, he was an old hippy. The first guy should have known what that meant. Anyway, I learned a lesson and I guess it's better to know it's coming than to think he's allright and about to be released.
When looking back at mistakes and missed opportunities, I often find them due to following others instead of sticking to my convictions. Some were mindless autopilot but some I sensed I was right but went with the flock anyway.
Feels like there is a lesson there.

I feel your pain and upset

• 2Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Two practically life long friends who I talk with everyday went fully SJW check your racism on me today. At first I thought they were being sarcastic and then I thought they were long conning me, but no, they were both serious. One is a lifer Republican and the other is libertarian who voted Trump. They have said and done way worse things and recently too.
It was like Twilight Zone yet awkward af. Didn't like it, no sir. Maybe they were just busting my chops and tomorrow will be different, but they kept at it well past funny. Kool-aid is strong.

In case wondering what I did which was so racist. I pointed out my 5yo which is taller than most kids is short by comparison to the blacks in his class (except for the kid next to him, which was the shortest of them)
They were like whoa..... You can't say black. Maybe black PERSON. They all capped at me.
"U also could have said ' I usually think of [child] as tall, but he was shorter than pretty much every other kid there including the ones off camera' just saying "
No, because he was tallest among the 4 other races and specifically black PEOPLE were the alphas. 'Of color' wouldn't have worked either.

And then I read an article, "Institutions are still overwhelmingly controlled by whites and thus create an environment for white people" was a quote from it. It's a concept that pops up practically everyday. The issue I have with it is that the general social environment has never been "for me." So am I not white?

Racial exclusion and hype, etc. Is all bullshit that I keep at bay, but it has pervaded my inner sanctum.

20190523_211629.jpg

Last edited:

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Two practically life long friends who I talk with everyday went fully SJW check your racism on me today. At first I thought they were being sarcastic and then I thought they were long conning me, but no, they were both serious. One is a lifer Republican and the other is libertarian who voted Trump. They have said and done way worse things and recently too.
It was like Twilight Zone yet awkward af. Didn't like it, no sir. Maybe they were just busting my chops and tomorrow will be different, but they kept at it well past funny. Kool-aid is strong.

In case wondering I did which was so racist. I pointed out my 5yo which is taller than most kids is short by comparison to the blacks in his class (except for the kid next to him, which was the shortest of them)
They were like whoa..... You can't say black. Maybe black PERSON. They all capped at me.

View attachment 208777
Did they fail grades. Holy fuck.

• 2Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider

In case wondering what I did which was so racist. I pointed out my 5yo which is taller than most kids is short by comparison to the blacks in his class (except for the kid next to him, which was the shortest of them)
"U also could have said ' I usually think of [child] as tall, but he was shorter than pretty much every other kid there including the ones off camera' just saying "
No, because he was tallest among the 4 other races and specifically black PEOPLE were the alphas. 'Of color' wouldn't have worked either.

And then I read an article, "Institutions are still overwhelmingly controlled by whites and thus create an environment for white people" was a quote from it. It's a concept that pops up practically everyday. The issue I have with it is that the general social environment has never been "for me." So am I not white?

Racial exclusion and hype, etc. Is all bullshit that I keep at bay, but it has pervaded my inner sanctum.

View attachment 208777
Update: So friend isn't apologizing, not that I've asked, but he's - I use this word loosely - "explaining" his rationale. Apparently he thinks civil unrest and mass looting/rioting is at its edge and I don't need to put any additional targets on my head by using improper nomenclature.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Apologize to him and promise to use American Inventor or Wakandan in the future.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Update: So friend isn't apologizing, not that I've asked, but he's - I use this word loosely - "explaining" his rationale. Apparently he thinks civil unrest and mass looting/rioting is at its edge and I don't need to put any additional targets on my head by using improper nomenclature.
he is smart. i thought he meant by that. he is probably just scared of sjw crusaders parachuting across facebook. I also avoid "bad" words in the public now.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
This has been going on for a while now but let me elaborate:

Dec 30th 2017, my mom (age 81 then) fell and couldn't get up. She fell out of her bed sometime in the night and called me at 9AM so she wouldn't wake me up. I live like 20 miles away.
So I trek over, all the while planning how to get her up again. She's 125 kilos at this point so it will not be an easy feat.
She also called her sister, age 70 or so, and thinks this elderly woman can in any way assist in getting a 250 pound person up on her feet.
So I arrive and she has shit on her hands and everywhere around her. Ah fuck.
Call the equivalent of 911 and after a while a pair of young girls, one of them a 90lbs person, arrive. The three of us actually get her to sit on her bed again so everything is fine right? WRONG! She refuses to go to hospital. She can clearly not stay alone. I discuss until 4PM and finally she gives in.

Long story short, in the end she ends up in an old peoples home. I arrange everything. Getting her rented apartment empty, taking care of paperwork, doctors, everything.

I've been doing this for almost a year now and I don't care, she's my mother, I will take care of anything that needs taken care of.

But then there's my asshole brother, who's turning 60 this year, who didn't even visit mother on her 80th birthday, who visited her once in hospital on jan 2nd and that's all, and ever since then he has not once even called to ask how she's doing. She could be dead for all he knows. She has lost 40 kilos, had a pacemaker installed in april, can't walk anymore, and has been in a pretty bad shape for a while.

This asshole rustles my jimmies. To the max.
Jimmies still rustled. Mom died April 9th, informed my brother (I wrote a letter as I have no functioning phone number, and he is not on his employer's website anymore (maybe retired) so a letter was the next best thing).

I have not heard a word back since then.

WELL FUCK YOU TOO ASSHOLE. I'm keeping the money.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Jimmies still rustled. Mom died April 9th, informed my brother (I wrote a letter as I have no functioning phone number, and he is not on his employer's website anymore (maybe retired) so a letter was the next best thing).

I have not heard a word back since then.

WELL FUCK YOU TOO ASSHOLE. I'm keeping the money.
First, sorry for the loss of your mother. I know I'm not prepared for losing anyone close to me, and statistically it is coming soon.

But I have to wonder, if literally the only way you had to get in touch with him was a physical letter...do you even know if he's alive? I'm assuming you tried to get a good number from various friends and relatives, but if they didn't have one either, would anyone really have been made aware if he passed? Not trying to be morbid, but just thinking it could be possible.