Whats rustling your jimmies?

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm an American living in Poland. I work in a Primary School teaching English, and our school year ended on June 19.

So for the last 10 days, I have not been working. My pay came through yesterday, and I only have 70% of my pay. So I sent a message to my boss, and she did not respond. I was walking through town and I ran into her, so I asked her if she got my message.

She said that because I was not working the last week of the month, I could not get paid for it. She told me this is all in the contract I signed two years ago. But my contract indicates I get paid a certain amount of money for 10 months of the year at 40 hours a week. I made the argument that if she wanted, she could have called me and told me to come into work.

My housing is provided by my employer, and she took this moment to tell ask me when I was leaving (I am not renewing my contract, because of sketchy things like this). I told her July 6, and she got angry, telling me how I'm living in her building and not working and demanding full pay. I told her I would have happily worked the last week if she asked me.

Went out to play wiffle ball with friends, because I needed to clear my head.

While I'm out playing wiffle ball, I got a message from my boss. There was a lot of low level venom, saying how I should have used common sense to draw the conclusion I wouldn't get paid for the last week, but she would agree to pay me, and if I wanted I could help her out for next week (there is a language camp at the school right now).

So I told her I was very happy she sent me the message, because I wanted to end our work relationship on a positive note, and that I am not totally free next week (I'm preparing to move to Germany) but I would love to help her if I could.

But what the fuck man. You want to hear the kicker?

The contract I signed two years ago was a one year contract. I signed a new one at the beginning of the year, and they never gave me a copy. I went in once a month for the last 10 months asking for a copy, and I never got it. Now something fishy happens at the end of my time here...

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Medical offices of any sort that bill you to become their patient are all hereby invited to perform difficult yet not totally impossible, if you really give your all, painful physical acts upon themselves.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
An AirBnB review I had to write today.

These were the worst guests we have ever had - and we have hosted over 500 AirBnb guests to date. I urge you to immediately cancel any reservation request from these folks. Allow us to tell you why:

-What normally takes 20 minutes to clean took four hours. FOUR HOURS.
-They checked out two hours late, and only left when they did because we told them that we had to turn the unit over for another guest.
-The unit is designed for two people, and the listing and our house instructions clearly state that an additional fee will be charged for more guests. These guests were dishonest about how many people would be staying.
-We have a "no pet" policy. These guests smuggled in a dog.
-They absolutely trashed the apartment leaving fast food wrappers, a giant bag full of random garbage including dirty diapers, coffee stains on a lampshade, a lamp that was knocked over and broken, a broken glass, and an ice cube tray on our bookshelf on our guest pamphlets/magazines, and ice cubes melting on the wood floor.
-The coffee maker was left on.
-The bathroom was a hairy, soapy wreck.
-For a final touch they left the AC on set to 70 degrees with our giant bay windows fully open in 100+ degree heat.

We will be blocking these guests from the ability to stay with us again.

Fucking fucks..

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
An AirBnB review I had to write today.

These were the worst guests we have ever had - and we have hosted over 500 AirBnb guests to date. I urge you to immediately cancel any reservation request from these folks. Allow us to tell you why:

-What normally takes 20 minutes to clean took four hours. FOUR HOURS.
-They checked out two hours late, and only left when they did because we told them that we had to turn the unit over for another guest.
-The unit is designed for two people, and the listing and our house instructions clearly state that an additional fee will be charged for more guests. These guests were dishonest about how many people would be staying.
-We have a "no pet" policy. These guests smuggled in a dog.
-They absolutely trashed the apartment leaving fast food wrappers, a giant bag full of random garbage including dirty diapers, coffee stains on a lampshade, a lamp that was knocked over and broken, a broken glass, and an ice cube tray on our bookshelf on our guest pamphlets/magazines, and ice cubes melting on the wood floor.
-The coffee maker was left on.
-The bathroom was a hairy, soapy wreck.
-For a final touch they left the AC on set to 70 degrees with our giant bay windows fully open in 100+ degree heat.

We will be blocking these guests from the ability to stay with us again.

Fucking fucks..

You must have their address...You can anonymously send them a box of horse shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
My new work laptop has a power button *as part of the keyboard*, where the End key is supposed to be. So every time I try to go to the end of a page while browsing the internet, it turns off. And the end key isnt even available, except as alt-numpad1 (fuck multi key hotkeys for common web browsing shortcuts, come on)

Fuck manufacturers that swap keyboard layouts, and WTF, I never want a power button to be a keyboard key. Douche nozzles. Fuck!

• 1Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Got a fucking toll bill in the mail. I start getting pissed off because I know for sure I paid every goddamn toll on 90 to go to Canada for a day trip last month. Apparently they added some unmanned toll or something that just autobills you and mails it out. Never saw a sign or shit for it while going back and forth. Would rather just know all my shit's paid for as I go through the damn tolls, not get a surprise bill a full month later then trying to figure out WTF it's for.
I've seen a handful of "Toll by Plate" tolls in Florida, super inconvenient
It gets better in Florida, We have Sunpass which is electronic tolling which is convenient but there are specific exits on some highways that require you to have Sunpass or you'll be ticketed if you use the exit.
Also, not every county has Toll-By-Plate so if you live in a county with toll-by-plate and are used to it, which just requires using the Sunpass lanes, and go to a county that doesn't support it, You'll be ticketed. So, moral of the story, while in Florida have a Sunpass.

On that note, toll roads rustle my jimmies. The prices keep going up and they keep adding more and more of them.

Siliconemelons

Whenever I got to a sun pass or cash only exit - and don't have change I always make a show of tossing something in the basket, making flamboyant arm gestures and indicating I have no more money for the cameras.... Never received a ticket...but it's also rare.

If you are out of state and you stop and contemplate and then run the exit- and it's a one time or so thing you generally are not getting a ticket.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I drove in florida once and came upon one of those exits where you needed a sunpass. I had no idea how else to get where I was going, so I had to use the exit. I stopped and called the number on the booth at like midnight. Got an old dude who it sounded like I had just woken up. He told me not to worry about it, I could just mail the toll. I don't know if I ever got around to mailing anything. I'm pretty sure I didn't have a pen handy to write down the address. I was hoping he'd tell me about a secret jar around back where I could put the toll.

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
I wanted to say this to the agent who tossed my too-large tube of toothpaste, but I'm pretty sure I would have been hauled away to a back room somewhere.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
20190708_153707.jpg

This is what behind of random gas station looks like. (Second row of tables under shaded awning not shown).
Still had to walk through employees smoking at the front door, presumably because they were too lazy to go fifteen feet in the other direction.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Got home from vacation. Went to vehicle. Battery was dead. Wtf! Luckily a friend was close by and gave me a jump.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
The roads are a mess and I got a flat tire after striking a massive pothole at 25mph on a local road in a 4WD vehicle. Dented the opposite rim too.
The spot was a known issue (had been reported multiple times and was even on Dominos Pizza's warning list).
The town knew about it and said "call your insurance company." I have a $1000 deductible.
I went to get it repaired and the mechanic told me it was not repairable.
My road-hazard warranty would cover the difference between the new tire and the pro-rated damaged one.
The car has almost 20,000 miles on it.
The mechanic also suggested that I replace ALL the tires since there was a greater than 5/32" tread depth difference between the new tires and the other 3. Price tag for 4 new tires (less the road hazard warranty) was $888.0!
What about used? "We don't do that."
Tire Rack; a well known chain, offers a tread-shaving service. Price for 1 tire with the shaving down of 5/32" was $679.00
My donut is rated for 50 miles...

Thank God I found the same tire, same tread pattern, same tread depth on E-Bay. With 2-day shipping; it was $99.00!
I left that fine dude a serious rave review! (I even had it by 9am on day #2 after ordering it).

Tire people (except that E-bay guy) suck. Really? No tire professional could find a used tire?

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The mechanic also suggested that I replace ALL the tires since there was a greater than 5/32" tread depth difference between the new tires and the other 3.
Tire Rack; a well known chain, offers a tread-shaving service. Price for 1 tire with the shaving down of 5/32" was $679.00

Well, of course the tire guy wants to sell you 4 tires... Is it AWD? If not, a small difference shouldn't matter on the non-powered set.
Also, the guy at Tire Rack was trying to fuck you.
While the cost of our street tire shaving service will range from $25 to $35 for each tire, it is significantly less than the cost of unnecessarily replacing the remaining two or three good tires with lots of mileage still available from them.