Whats rustling your jimmies?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Getting offered a piece of pizza and not being warned it's lava hot. Causing me to burn the fuck out of my mouth.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Parents down visiting, they love PF Changs for some reason, I think it's overpriced bullshiat but ok.

Order a fancy new Pomegranate Lemonade because I'm driving. No ice please! I swear on Brad McQuaid's medicine cabinet that I did not take one sip out of the below lemonade in the picture. The waiter felt awful when he put it down, said the bartender had to do it that way when there's no ice. Keep in mind this is a $4.50 drink.

I'm not a picky man when I eat out, but this was the first thing I've ever had to return. Menu pic for reference. Bonus points for using the right glass I guess?

X3WDeJH.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Schools are under funded in my area and what do they do? buy a food truck to provide free meals to not-me families all summer.
No, I get it. But dangit. I'm tired of hearing school is the only time they get to eat. WiC and EBT gives a hell of a lot. There is no good reason to go hungry.
Auditors is what they should get. and financial planners.
What they're doing is not the role of schools, churches and nonprofits sure.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Mama keeps on spending her WiC and SNAP on trade-ins for weaves and shoes, so no money left for little Deshawn, so we gotta give them more free shit. We have teachers here that have to give students snacks to hide in their backpacks to last them over the weekend because their parent won't fucking feed them.

• 1Ice Burn
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mama keeps on spending her WiC and SNAP on trade-ins for weaves and shoes, so no money left for little Deshawn, so we gotta give them more free shit. We have teachers here that have to give students snacks to hide in their backpacks to last them over the weekend because their parent won't fucking feed them.
You've framed it comically but this literally happens. When I worked the stores I saw it all the time. And on radio a person said they don't want to Rob people of their dignity by limiting food options and that's why they're allowed to buy premium items such as premade sandwiches that cost the same as 8 self-made sandwiches, etc.
EBT shouldn't be for Starbucks and Monster either

For the first two years of parenting I used EBT and I received near $200 more monthly than I typically spend on food before or since. And that's not even counting WiC or formula subsidies.

The program was a nice boost for a starting family. It works and doesn't need to go. But it's bountiful and there is no legitimate reason it shouldn't work. The most legitimate claim is ignorance - not understanding price ratios, budgeting, etc. And that can be done with auditing and planners and classes, which they now do provide at schools

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
The fact that I cannot be trusted to heavily drink and then use social media of any sort annoys me.

This fucking thing needs a breathalyzer after 1am or so.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
My parents used to send me to school without breakfast or food for lunch pretty often, and it was fucking horrible trying to do schoolwork on an empty stomach. Poverty played somewhat into it, but it was mostly just due to sheer neglect.

So, while I can sympathize about the not wanting to give another handout to these people (I agree) try not to get too lost into that and remember that the kids aren't to blame. Even something as simple as a banana being provided made a world of difference.

• 1Like

A5150Ylee

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck "Pet Friendly" hotels. I just got back from a week long vacation to relax. Every fucking hotel now brags about being pet friendly. What this means is if you have any pet allergies, you're fucked. They don't have 'pet free' rooms and even if they did, it's still the same sheets and towels as the pet rooms. Also, in the evening, my floor sounded like a fucking kennel with all the dogs barking at each other. Yes, I'm sure your "wittle Poopski-woopski would never-wever bark"... but he fucking does. All the fucking time when you are not in the God damn room.

When I complained about the barking, I was told they were pet friendly so they could accommodate service animals. I pointed out that ALL hotels had to accommodate service animals if they wanted to be in compliance with the ADA. Not to mention if they were legitimate service animals, they wouldn't lock them up alone in the room for the owner to go out to dinner in the evenings. I just got the smug Millennial 'fuck you for hating dogs' look with the accompanied shrug.

Next time I travel, I'm taking arsenic laced cheese cubes to push under all the doors of barking dogs.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
AT&T sent me an email with a "cute" video explaining my next bill, which didn't explain shit, but showed that my bill was gonna go up another $30 for what appeared no reason.

Had a talk with their chat folks, and apparently they upgraded everyone from the Unlimited Choice to Unlimited Choice II plan, which increases bandwidth from 3mbps to 5mbps. Only had that plan because a user on my account didn't have wifi. They do now, so I went back to the 9gig plan (unlimited bandwidth), and removed my S3 watch (that died two months ago, and the 2 year contract expired) - ended up saving myself about $100/mo.

Anyone had the S3 Frontier or Apple Watch for more than 2 years? Curious if my watch was just a dud, or my charging practices were shit or something.

• 1Like

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Where's the Roseanne emoji?
Fucking lol man. Nice one!
Didn't she pill out as well as booze?
In my defense I don't become a racist when this happens.. I merely start to tell -all- the fucking idiots that they're fucking idiots. This goes over predictably well.

• 1Worf

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Watching early 20 somethings plan their next drinking spot while I play mobile games and check FoH forums like an old fucker. Guess there's a reason we called the guild a "dad guild".

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The saying "you never forget how to ride a bike". I mean yes I guess technically, but I sure forgot how to ride a bike well.

Decided to buy a bike since I never got my driving license, lived in Paris since I was 18, so public transportation everywhere, having a car in Paris is pretty shit and it gets shittier every year as the various mayors have a hard on for nordic cities so they make the streets smaller and smaller, adding huge unnecessary pedetrian walks in the middle and shit.

Anyway now that I moved out, I actually have to walk my ass down to the city a bit, it's not a long walk mind you but figured why not, will make it shorter.

Haven't ridden a bike since I was like... 10? So 25+years ago. Going in a straight line's fine and all and turning with some room is easy enough, but doing small adjustments and sharp turns is a fucking pain in the dick, keep losing balance. So for now I'm just riding up and down the street behind my house that only has a few houses so no cars like a retard until I get a good feeling for it again.

Siliconemelons

The no responsibility welfare systems rustle my jimmys- sorry, sometimes we have to have little crack baby no. 5236 die for people to realize they are crappy parents.

If the parents truly are so bad that we need to give them 10 different food programs because the parents keep skirting the systems to do bad stuff..then take their kids, cut out their reproductive organs and ship the kids to foster systems and cut these leeches off from all their government cheese.

The argument that "those that abuse the system are only a small percent" is no longer valid.. Those that use these systems properly are the rare as a blue moon number now.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Marijuana dispensary shorted us 14g on an ounce (1ounce = 28g). Called and complained. They went to check their stock, and told us that their numbers are right on their end. They suggested that maybe my scale is off. Pretty insulting to propose that my scale is off by exactly half an ounce. He said since everything looks alright in their system I'll have to talk to his manager when he gets there on Tuesday.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I guess you have to weigh it every time from now on before you leave the store. Because even if you convince them your scale is correct, how do they know you didn't remove half of it?

Pharmacies get this too. Employees short customers and steal the shit for themselves.

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People who don't separate the silverware in the dishwasher. There's a tray with 5 slots! Put spoons with spoons forks with forks and such!

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Hodjing
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Aren't you supposed to mix them? If you put all of the spoons in one, then the water can turn them and make them fit together preventing then from getting clean.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Only thing that pisses me off about silverware in the dishwasher is people who put the fucking pointy ends up. I either put all the same type in each slot, or have even numbers in each slot. Cause sometimes I have CDO and sometimes I have ODC.

There was a comedian back in the 80's who had a joke about how his wife taught him that if a spoon touches anything other than a spoon, then nothing in the entire dishwasher gets clean and you have to re-run the entire load. Spoons is srs bsns.

• 1Faggotry