Whats rustling your jimmies?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
No ragerts has got to be in second place.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Microsoft's PayPal integration with Xbox One X and the VUDU ap kept immediately refunding, recharging, refunding again after I'd buy a movie over the last several months. Looks like they finally reconciled their billing and charged me for everything at once, and successfully pulled from my bank account. I wonder if there's anything in their TOS that says they can do this shit. Pretty sure these aren't the only movies where it fucked up, either.

20191108_043454.jpg

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Been trying to get texting over wifi working for a year now on my droid. Verizon say's it should work. A few days ago I find myself in a place where I have no cell service, so I put it in airplane mode and texting still works. I'm so hyped it's finally working. It works for about 2 fucking days then stops again. Fucking bullshit man. It woulda been better if it had never worked.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Been trying to get texting over wifi working for a year now on my droid. Verizon say's it should work. A few days ago I find myself in a place where I have no cell service, so I put it in airplane mode and texting still works. I'm so hyped it's finally working. It works for about 2 fucking days then stops again. Fucking bullshit man. It woulda been better if it had never worked.

I can't get wifi calling anymore, and have 1 bar in my house. I bought the Samsung S10+ from Samsung. If I bought it from At&T it would be available as an option on my phone's config menu. It's hidden thanks to the provider. Fuck me right?

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Clicking the World of Warcraft: Classic forum instead of the Screenshots forum because my muscle memory says that's where Screenshots should be.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can't get wifi calling anymore, and have 1 bar in my house. I bought the Samsung S10+ from Samsung. If I bought it from At&T it would be available as an option on my phone's config menu. It's hidden thanks to the provider. Fuck me right?

Might be able to get around this by rooting your phone and installing an .apk of it? Turn your rustles into pickle tickles

Siliconemelons

Garage door spring snapped, making it nearly impossible to open my garage door.

I ran on 1 unknowingly for years until the 2nd broke... now I know too much about these stupid things so I will never have to pay an over priced service call again!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
The last time I had one replaced the guy showed me how to test it (once a year or so) to know when it's close to going. Basically the spring allows the low horsepower motor to lift a heavy door. To test how much help the spring is giving you pull the cord to go manual. You should be able to lift it one handed with ease if the spring is working properly. You should also be able to stop the door halfway up (or at each section) and it will hold there without falling back down. If it can't or it's hard to lift one handed then the spring needs to be replaced soon.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Any idea on cost?

Mine cost me $240. They had to rebuild the entire mechanism. New pipe, new springs, new cables, new pulleys. I guess the old tracks were still good, so it wasn't the entire thing. Just the entire thing across the top.

Siliconemelons

The last time I had one replaced the guy showed me how to test it (once a year or so) to know when it's close to going. Basically the spring allows the low horsepower motor to lift a heavy door. To test how much help the spring is giving you pull the cord to go manual. You should be able to lift it one handed with ease if the spring is working properly. You should also be able to stop the door halfway up (or at each section) and it will hold there without falling back down. If it can't or it's hard to lift one handed then the spring needs to be replaced soon.

Yeah, you pull the door lock thing and as my guy said "a buck 25 woman should be able to lift and escape the door" is how you can tell, as yeah the springs are a counter-center balance weight off-set.

The garage opener cannot open the door solo...I was surprised mine managed with 1/2 spring...so just throwing a new motor on it won't help if the springs are dead.

Mine cost me $240. They had to rebuild the entire mechanism. New pipe, new springs, new cables, new pulleys. I guess the old tracks were still good, so it wasn't the entire thing. Just the entire thing across the top.

That's a GREAT price- my SPRING replacement was more than that.

During a spring replacement is DIY but has dangers in how you have to tension it... and there are specific spring sizes per door size and wt- and then specific turns/pre-tension per door size and wt.... And if you pop a spring while your doing it...or you bar(s) slip....

My guy wanted 1k for what yours did + rollers... I was like...no.

250$? Let the pro do it - yes... springs on eBay are 75$ then a set of bars at 20ish, then a bar at...another 70...then the caster wire channel things... yours was almost at cost via eBay prices...

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
250$? Let the pro do it - yes... springs on eBay are 75$ then a set of bars at 20ish, then a bar at...another 70...then the caster wire channel things... yours was almost at cost via eBay prices...

We looked at prices too but couldn't figure out how to get the right sized springs. I don't know if the bar is supposed to be something special, but he just used galvanized conduit. He couldn't tell us how he knew the right spring size, but it was a bonded company with "garage door" in the name, so we just trusted them.

Siliconemelons

Your springs have numbers on them...kinda hard to see when tension - I would advise your write them down AND how many turns it is that yours are set to... I did a ton of internet reading so then when my current stuff does die die -- I can replace it all myself - I sat there and watched the guy do it- and it was just like the internet videos.

there is a formula for the spring number/size and turns for your door type and weight... but I have no idea my door weight...

the springs number is also somewhere other than just pained on, that's how they can tell on old rusted broken springs. Also apparently they can tell from the thickness of the spring wire...or whatever.

I just wish my door people were not price rapists....

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Bought a new computer. FoH freezes up every time there is a GIF on a page. WTF.

Solution - turn off "use hardware acceleration when available" in settings.

Google Chrome? Bitch please.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Bland food. Like for example sandwiches in grocery stores. It fucking offends me that someone used up perfectly good resources to produce something so tasteless. A little salt and pepper, a little salad dressing, it could be a perfectly valid if ordinary sandwich.

Instead its fucking garbage that goes right in the trash after 1 bite.

It makes me irrationally angry. I'm not just angry my sandwich sucked, I'm angry there are people out there doing this shit day after day. I find it not OK that bland food exists, and think it is probably justifiable to euthanize those who prepare it or prefer it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users