Whats rustling your jimmies?

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
What kind of animal throws away a fucking water bottle with a name on it? I go away to lunch and it gets tossed while I was gone. Doesn't the name make it clear someone is fucking reusing it? There aren't even anymore water bottles available. I was planning to use it till we got resupplied in a few days.

I found it in the recycle bin, but no I didn't get it out. I just thought it was funny someone was so uptight to get that shit recycled that they created more waste. I had to get some shitty sugary drink and dump it out to use the bottle.

You have to be clever here. Announce to everyone that next time that kind of shit happens, and you find out who it was, someone's finger is gonna get broken. Not fingers but a finger. It has a better effect if you're specific like that. I think in US you'd most certainly get a call to HR after upper ones hear about it. There, tell HR that you consider someone taking your marked water bottle without permission a petty theft and next time will call the police. I will guarantee that HR is gonna freak the fuck out and in a week or so you'll get a very nice new guideline in the office that prohibits removal of clearly marked items.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I haven't had to sign for a package since I bought a rifle from the cmp. You gotta sign for fucking books?

Germany, my dude.

EDIT: So i posted up by my front window all morning to wait for the delivery truck. Some broken down piece of shit with Italian plates just showed up and I'm like, "Is this the guy?" Go outside and sure enough he is right in front of the main building. Turns out it was this little Italian dude who called out to me in the street the other day saying, "You're the Iphone guy!" I look nothing like Steve Jobs.

The time between Christmas and News Years is quite strange.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Fuck passwords. Fuck all the 1,000 accounts I have to have with a stupid fucking long ass password that I have to change regularly. with personal shit + work shit it's just too much. Fuck all these shitty ass websites and these shitty fucking network security fucks who need to get good at their shit so I don't have to feel the effects of their ineptitude and carelessness.

fuck you

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fuck passwords. Fuck all the 1,000 accounts I have to have with a stupid fucking long ass password that I have to change regularly. with personal shit + work shit it's just too much. Fuck all these shitty ass websites and these shitty fucking network security fucks who need to get good at their shit so I don't have to feel the effects of their ineptitude and carelessness.

fuck you

Please include at least one special character in your post, thank you!

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 6 users

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
I've basically started creating passwords by category, like: personal passwords, forum passwords, probably going to receive spam from this site passwords.

What really rustles my jimmies are companies forcing extra security on their clients. Why do I need to use 2 factor authentication every time I log into my insurance or utilities websites. Is someone going to hack in and pay my bill? I can see making IT employees do it (I have to at work for some stuff) but if your customers want to use a dumb password and get hacked it's their fault. Ironically most of my financial sites don't require 2 factor.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yeah some websites have a really high opinion of themselves. Gotta be super secure otherwise someone will hack you and ... and ... see the funny pictures you saved here in order to post them in public forums. Why, they might even add some new ones. Oh the fucking horror! I hope lifelock pays to fix this!

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I feel you. At work, there's probably 30 accounts we need, each needs a new password every 30 days, AND will lock you out if you don't log in once a month. AND the stupid password requirements: 16 chars, special, capital BUT NOT TOO MANY. And you can't match like more than one character from your last 16 passwords!

So...everyone writes it down or has Office Notes with their passwords stored unencrypted because no human can remember all that shit. CYBER MISSION ACCOMPLISHED GOOD SIR

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
I was specifically talking about the big family gatherings. Thanksgiving and Christmas. Spending time with extended family through the holidays was the original rustle. I suppose that could have meant chakakahna. Something along those lines. That's where I got 2 months from.

And because I wasn't clear, said cousin had the same problem before she instituted the hand washing and child sanitizing policy during aforemention extended family gatherings.

But go on shitting on other people's proven plans while having no solution of your own to offer. Valuable input.

Hazmat suit with decontamination chamber. You rustled fucker.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I feel you. At work, there's probably 30 accounts we need, each needs a new password every 30 days, AND will lock you out if you don't log in once a month. AND the stupid password requirements: 16 chars, special, capital BUT NOT TOO MANY. And you can't match like more than one character from your last 16 passwords!

So...everyone writes it down or has Office Notes with their passwords stored unencrypted because no human can remember all that shit. CYBER MISSION ACCOMPLISHED GOOD SIR
This. Passwords expiring every 30 days is pants on head retarded. All it does is lead to what you said, people writing their damn passwords on a sticky note underneath their keyboard.

Roddsgto

Trakanon Raider
PGT thread spamming with (choose one): A - Not real girls, B - Butterface, C - "Look guys I just discovered Met Art", D - Gynecological pics with no face.

I am no Wolfen, but it is called the Pretty Girl Thread. I feel I can speak for most lurkers when I say 'We have other threads for that'.

There is probably an E for traps, but I hope the PGT is at least respected well enough to prevent the need of such a classification.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Yeah some websites have a really high opinion of themselves. Gotta be super secure otherwise someone will hack you and ... and ... see the funny pictures you saved here in order to post them in public forums. Why, they might even add some new ones. Oh the fucking horror! I hope lifelock pays to fix this!
Yeah, this is my biggest password complaint. Half the sites that require passwords I would literally be perfectly OK with no password whatsoever. It just doesnt fucking matter so much of the time.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
PGT thread spamming with (choose one): A - Not real girls, B - Butterface, C - "Look guys I just discovered Met Art", D - Gynecological pics with no face.
Mentally I've renamed the PGT to The Anything With Tits Thread. Some of the chicks in there are straight busted with some razor sharp knees.

• 1Worf

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Whenever I read PGT..

1578066504016.png

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Speaking of password resets, I've wasted almost 3 hours today due to password issues. My work password expired on 1/2/2020 at 6:00 PM CST. I got back to work this morning, 1/3. I was able to login to my system with my old password but unable to connect to the internal network VPN. I was locked out after multiple attempts. The password reset tools weren't working. I called the helpdesk, my 2FA PIN had also expired. Got that reset. Then the password. I was able to finally able to connect to the internal network. Locked my system to sync the Windows password. Logged back in.

Worked for about 30 minutes, then the system forced some updates and a system restart. After the restart, my password no longer worked. Attempted to use the password reset tools, and half of my security questions (which are easy as fuck) were reporting as wrong, resulting in locking the password reset tool, and out of my system completely. Fucking wonderful. Call support again. He manually resets my password, allows me to log in using the login options via VPN using the new password (2FA PIN still valid). After logging in, he runs some user policy updates manually. Lock system, attempt to log in again. The alternate VPN we were using is SonicWall and that shit is slow as fucking balls. It eventually gets in.

I'm now using an incredibly insecure password for the next 24 hours because I can't reset the password within that time due to lockout. I bet I get locked out again on Monday when I attempt to change my security questions.

eTzx7gq.png

• 1Solidarity

Siliconemelons

In my "managing cyber security" class there was an entire two weeks (of an 8 week class) on passwords, type, 2 factor, 3 factor, variability probability etc.

There was a question forum about- how long, complex and often should a pw expire.

My reply was - I know the formulas outlined in fig X and Y and that a 6 char 2 special password is Z better than 4 and 1 and expire 30 is better than 60- but all that does as the complexity goes up, and duration goes down- the likely hood of Nancy writing her password on a post it under he desk and using a pattern pass1word...pass2word....pass3word goes up MORE...and then what? You have a properly authorized account compromised and no red flags. So forumalic password decisions are crap.

It was mostly an argument on short duration. I argued a mid- complex and long duration was MORE secure as it would be committed to memory more than others.

If you have worked on site support, you know WAY too many people are:

Tech "hey come log in I need to check on your issue"
Nancy "the password is under my keyboard, I am going to get coffee"

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Mentally I've renamed the PGT to The Anything With Tits Thread. Some of the chicks in there are straight busted with some razor sharp knees.

The thing is, there's no universal standard on pretty. I try not to judge other people on their kinks. They moved the fat chicks and asian chicks too their own threads and that gets rid of enough of the uggos for me. I just wish more people would post sexy selfies cause that's the one that really gets my motor running. Unphotoshopped regular little sluts.

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sitting in a theater 20 minutes after the start time of a movie and previews are still on.

• 1Like