Whats rustling your jimmies?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
How did you get that severe of a cat bite?
The cat bite was just a run of the mill cat bite. Just like most of them it ended getting infected so I needed to get some antibiotics. Also since it was right on knuckles I didn't want to take any chances.

20200227_161741.jpg

Yeah it's ridic how they let these places call themselves emergency rooms. But the thing to know is that all they have to do is have "emergency" in their name and they get the higher rates. I'm sure there's something they have to have available to be an ER, but whatever it is isn't enough.
I really don't see the point of such a place unless you have really good insurance or no insurance. They charge emergency room prices but if you have a serious emergency all they are going to do is call you an ambulance. So of you're like me is soso or bad insurance, you get screwed.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The cat bite was just a run of the mill cat bite. Just like most of them it ended getting infected so I needed to get some antibiotics. Also since it was right on knuckles I didn't want to take any chances.

View attachment 251479

What were you doing to get that severe of a cat bite though? I've had scratches and bites my entire life but the only one that needed a trip to the doctor's office came from mishandling a fractious rescue cat when I was working at a Vet's office, and worker's comp covered every penny of that.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
What were you doing to get that severe of a cat bite though? I've had scratches and bites my entire life but the only one that needed a trip to the doctor's office came from mishandling a fractious rescue cat when I was working at a Vet's office, and worker's comp covered every penny of that.
I was trying to give him away. I was in my garage with him moving him from a kennel to a cat carrier and he jumped over the cat carrier so I grabbed him. He was pretty freaked out at this point so he bit me.

Only tried to grab him as I had him since he was a kitten and he never once showed any aggression. Never seen him once since he ran off.

Screenshot_20200227-163026_Gallery.jpg

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I was trying to give him away. I was in my garage with him moving him from a kennel to a cat carrier and he jumped over the cat carrier so I grabbed him. He was pretty freaked out at this point so he bit me.

Only tried to grab him as I had him since he was a kitten and he never once showed any aggression. Never seen him once since he ran off.

View attachment 251480

In the future, try using a blanket or a towel to wrap them up in, or use some thick gloves and a hoodie.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Guess we both learned the same lesson, but mine was free lol. You straight up got fucking robbed though. Shouldn't have cost anything more than an office visit, two shots, and some pills.

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One of our cats bit my wife a few years back and it landed her a 2 night hospital stay. It ain't no joke.

• 1Solidarity

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
One of our cats bit my wife a few years back and it landed her a 2 night hospital stay. It ain't no joke.
Second time ive been bit by a cat. First was when I was a kid from my first cat when I went to pick her up when she was being harassed by a dog, that did not get infected.
Inside Cat or Outside Cat?

Inside Cat = Prisoner.
Outside Cat = they know they can get a free meal off you.

How many more parallels to your dating life do you need?
They where/are both inside cats. I actually havent seen the one that ran off since he did which is odd because my neighborhood is filled with fucktards who love keeping feral cats around. Tons of them here from people feeding them.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
A couple of things- cats are designed to infect. They carry pasteurella multicida-- a very virulent (but, thankfully, easily treatable) bacteria in their mouth. They inject that bacteria very effectively under the skin. This causes a fast-spreading, severe, cellultitis. IF the ED treated you for rabies, that gets expensive. That vaccine needs to remain refrigerated and has a relatively short life span. So it's expensive AND no urgent care carries it. It needs to be given at days 1, 3, 7 and 14. So that is just ONE of four ED bills. It used to be required to have a 5th vaccine on day 28 too. That has been stopped by the CDC 2 years ago. VERY expensive.

Cheaper to quarantine the cat for 4 weeks. If it doesn't get rabies, no need for the vaccine, since it is a very slowly spreading disease. It's fatal if left untreated, but watching the cat for 4 weeks is ok. You can get vaccinated later on. The alternative is to euthenize the cat and send it's brain for testing.

The treatement for pasteurella is any of a slew of antibiotics-- IV first if severe and then transitioned to oral.

The ED is everone's dumping ground. Try having any complaint and calling you PCP. Go to the ED. Or, better yet, go to a shitty urgent care and be seen by someone with an 89 IQ and no serious medical knowledge, get charged $175 dollars, and then they will send you to the ED anyway. Unless, of course, you don't have anything really wrong with you. Then they charge you $175 and send you home with some med you don't need (like an antibiotic for a virus).

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
New manager. In the IT world. Completely new to my company. Has "grand" ideas, but everything he's asked for from my coworker and I to do as "improvements", are already being done, or were already done and available. It'd be nice if he had some fucking humility and instead of asking us to do dumbshit work, maybe asks us if something already exists given my particular set of knowledge having been at the company for 15 years.

One of the asks would have resulted in having the entire company write up release statements on a SharePoint form, when they already fill out that same information in the Feature/Story in our other release tracker.

Also asked us to share our calendars (whyyy?). I don't play well with micromanagers. Now I'm gonna have to start drafting a bunch of bullshit meetings and telling folks not to come to them because apparently meeting several times to discuss the same thing, wasting everyone's time, is "doing work".

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
There was a guy in the morning meeting who had nothing to say but he said it anyway. Over and over again. No idea who he was but I assume he was important since no one cut him off.

His contribution was. Allright let's be safe out there. No need to get in a hurry. Do it safe or don't do it at all. If it's not worth doing right it's not worth doing and the right way is the safe way. Dont put the job above your safety. Speed over safety (yes he fucked this one up but no one was listening). Slow down and do it right. The most important thing is to get home safe to your wife and kids. We'd rather it take a little longer than be more dangerous. Dont be in a hurry, be safe. Take your time and do it safely.

I have no idea why. We have had no accidents that I'm aware of. If there was one we would have been talking about it in that meeting.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
We have a small gym. Usually 2-4 people in it max. Everyone has their headphones in listening to shit. Everyone except one dude. He pairs his phone with the TV and cranks up his shitty techno gay club music. He plays it so loud that I have to turn up my volume to hear my stuff coming from my earbuds. My phone warns me that I'm using an unsafe volume so that's an extra step I have to take in the middle of my exercising.

• 3Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

We have a small gym. Usually 2-4 people in it max. Everyone has their headphones in listening to shit. Everyone except one dude. He pairs his phone with the TV and cranks up his shitty techno gay club music. He plays it so loud that I have to turn up my volume to hear my stuff coming from my earbuds. My phone warns me that I'm using an unsafe volume so that's an extra step I have to take in the middle of my exercising.

Bring an extra device and stream Jordan Peterson talks on the TV

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Reminds me of the retard walking around Wal-Mart on Saturday blasting music from his phone.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Reminds me of the retard walking around Wal-Mart on Saturday blasting music from his phone.

No, that's ignorance and stupidity with most likely some ghetto e-peen "listen to my rap about inventors! but don't say inventor!"

Using a TV or other device to cast your music to everyone is another level of dumbassery... like putting your speaker phone music through the WalMart PA system - and it not just be a joke, but goes on forever and no one stops it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Tell that asshole to knock it off. That's about as selfish and inconsiderate as it gets at a gym (on par with dropping weights as loudly as possible because you aren't strong enough to put them down gently).

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users