Whats rustling your jimmies?

Siliconemelons

I didn't even mention race but you guessed the correct one!

Like it or not... "stereotypes" came about from high % of happenings - and are good and useful to quickly asses situations and living life safely and successfully.

i.e. chongs like to eat even stranger stuff than greeks do...like bats..so...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Reminds me of the retard walking around Wal-Mart on Saturday blasting music from his phone.
Which reminds me of my never ending jimmy rustle - assholes who use speakerphone. Its like they saw it on TV once and decided it was an acceptable way to interact with their phone.

It should be codified in law much the way as stand your ground laws in some states. "Oh, the person you killed was on speakerphone in public? Carry on."

• 1Worf

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Which reminds me of my never ending jimmy rustle - assholes who use speakerphone. Its like they saw it on TV once and decided it was an acceptable way to interact with their phone.

It should be codified in law much the way as stand your ground laws in some states. "Oh, the person you killed was on speakerphone in public? Carry on."

They say that back in the day in Texas, "He needed killin" was a valid defense.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
In the middle of a 300 mile round trip drive this morning and I get asked to come in to work when I get back for my 8th day in a row.

Fucking coworkers with non functioning immune systems.

• 1Solidarity

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Program Coordinator: Conefed, you have a program during meeting.
Me: It mostly runs itself. I'll setup early, make introductions and head over before meeting starts.
Program Supervisor: No, we'll just move meeting to after your program.
Me: *starts setting up early.
Supervisor: You should be downstairs during this time, come back up in an hour.
Hour passes, internet and phones go down visitors pissed. I'm IT, but this is beyond me. But i can't put in help ticket or even call out. Both coordinator and supervisor are out at Walmart run, note says.
Even though I don't have seniority, I'm literally the oldest one there with my supes out and like four people are looking up to me. I direct one to get out of order signs, another to get manual receipt books and overview them all on how to use them. I can't for the life of me find the number to the real IT cavalry. Only thing i found in our database is me asking for the number with zero replies. I text a guy that knows a guy.
Program Coordinator materializes: You are late to your own program and you've only set the chairs up.
Program ends and I head to meeting. Room empty. I check online calendar. Still set to previous time. I check task boards, empty. .. room still empty after i cleanup program. Still work to do, so i start on next thing. About thirty minutes pass and i get phone call from supes, "Were you planning on coming to the meeting?" She said in a sarcastic but not playful tone.
Head back upstairs. "Did you forget?"
No, you said after program and you weren't here and i checked back twice and looked at channels.
"I used (obscure and unofficial chat channel). We discussed this. You must have forgot," she said. With 100% certainty i know she didn't.
I begin my part of the presentation for the meeting. She cuts me off. Three pizzas and crazy bread arrive via delivery. "We follow a schedule here. Now it's time for lunch. You're dismissed."
She and coordinator close the door behind me.
--
I've been doing adult programs to relieve their department until they hire more. They want me to branch out and do kids also.
Keeping six kids functioning and in place was a near nightmare. But one shit was severely autistic. Aside here, they're still people a deserve respect. But also fuck them and the massive amount of more time and care they need. This one was an overweight needy impatient rude waste of everyone's time - The software that i had tested beforehand of course decides to skitter. I figured an easy enough workaround on the fly but those seconds add up when kids wait. Even the best of them were getting antsy, but we got part 1 done before the kettle went off. Part 2 required a little walk to the lab. All is well but the one is clomping loudly, complaining about physical activity intermittent with bragging about how good they are at climbing stairs. On last step, he kicks the back of his own leg and slowly (can't stress that enough) crumples himself down to lay on the floor screaming about how he broke his leg. His mother and my boss (i have five) come running over. I look at the rest of the kids clearly also done with his bs so f'it, i take them to the lab and we have a great time until the (resists problematic descriptor) rejoins where he realizes the thing he thought would happen was instead happening in the way i exactly described it earlier when he wouldn't shut the fuck up about masks. And throws a tantrum.
Other kids do a respectable job of powering through. His mother, i can't read. She seems embarrassed, empathetic, but also pissed at me. I'm sure I'm going to hear about this later.
... Days like today where i think i should jump ship to pure IT/cyber security and get tf away from office drama. Just let me do my work and stop giving me other people's work and if you do, don't be a petty snitch

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Me: It mostly runs itself. I'll setup early, make introductions and head over before meeting starts.
Hour passes, internet and phones go down visitors pissed. I'm IT, but this is beyond me. But i can't put in help ticket or even call out. Both coordinator and supervisor are out at Walmart run, note says.
Even though I don't have seniority, I'm literally the oldest one there with my supes out and like four people are looking up to me. I direct one to get out of order signs, another to get manual receipt books and overview them all on how to use them. I can't for the life of me find the number to the real IT cavalry. Only thing i found in our database is me asking for the number with zero replies. I text a guy that knows a guy.
Program Coordinator materializes: You are late to your own program and you've only set the chairs up.
Program ends and I head to meeting. Room empty. I check online calendar. Still set to previous time. I check task boards, empty. .. room still empty after i cleanup program. Still work to do, so i start on next thing. About thirty minutes pass and i get phone call from supes, "Were you planning on coming to the meeting?" She said in a sarcastic but not playful tone.
No, you said after program and you weren't here and i checked back twice and looked at channels.
"I used (obscure and unofficial chat channel). We discussed this. You must have forgot," she said. With 100% certainty i know she didn't.
I begin my part of the presentation for the meeting. She cuts me off. Three pizzas and crazy bread arrive via delivery. "We follow a schedule here. Now it's time for lunch. You're dismissed."
--
I've been doing adult programs to relieve their department until they hire more. They want me to branch out and do kids also.
Keeping six kids functioning and in place was a near nightmare. But one shit was severely autistic. Aside here, they're still people a deserve respect. But also fuck them and the massive amount of more time and care they need. This one was an overweight needy impatient rude waste of everyone's time - The software that i had tested beforehand of course decides to skitter. I figured an easy enough workaround on the fly but those seconds add up when kids wait. Even the best of them were getting antsy, but we got part 1 done before the kettle went off. Part 2 required a little walk to the lab. All is well but the one is clomping loudly, complaining about physical activity intermittent with bragging about how good they are at climbing stairs. On last step, he kicks the back of his own leg and slowly (can't stress that enough) crumples himself down to lay on the floor screaming about how he broke his leg. His mother and my boss (i have five) come running over. I look at the rest of the kids clearly also done with his bs so f'it, i take them to the lab and we have a great time until the (resists problematic descriptor) rejoins where he realizes the thing he thought would happen was instead happening in the way i exactly described it earlier when he wouldn't shut the fuck up about masks. And throws a tantrum.
Other kids do a respectable job of powering through. His mother, i can't read. She seems embarrassed, empathetic, but also pissed at me. I'm sure I'm going to hear about this later.
... Days like today where i think i should jump ship to pure IT/cyber security and get tf away from office drama. Just let me do my work and stop giving me other people's work and if you do, don't be a petty snitch

• 4Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
--
Lol.. someone put LSD in your water this morning but youll be ok, maybe tomorrow or the next day. Stay hydrated.

• 2Worf

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
No Doubt's Don't Speak has been stuck in my head for the past 2 days. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Now I'm gonna have to start drafting a bunch of bullshit meetings and telling folks not to come to them because apparently meeting several times to discuss the same thing, wasting everyone's time, is "doing work".

I schedule overlapping meetings and go to neither.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Zhavric

Molten Core Raider
The fucked up state of American economics.

Take Michael Bloomberg. Suppose for a moment he really did just decide, "Instead of running this shitty doomed presidential bid, Imma just give everyone a million bucks." Things that are fucked up about this:

1. That he can do it. The guy can just give everyone a million bucks. Like it COULD be done. Student loan debt? Taken care of. Mortgage? No problem. Medical bills? Covered. Basically (keep reading) almost every middle class or poor problem people have just gets fucking solved overnight.

2. It would destroy the economy and our way of life. You'd have inflation like there's no tomorrow. Money would become worth far less. If it didn't (and even if it did) you'd have businesses just shutting down as no one showed up to work. Why be a police if you have a million bucks? Why flip burgers? Why work retail? Why deliver food or drive an uber? All the little things in the society that you need to have happen would stop happening. Because who wants to work a shit job if you're a millionaire.

It's one of those "the antidote is worse than the poison" situations and it's fucked up that we have to live like this.

This is why we need a robot underclass to do all this shit for us so we can all live like white rastas.

• 7Picard
  • 2Seriously?
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 9 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Take Michael Bloomberg. Suppose for a moment he really did just decide, "Instead of running this shitty doomed presidential bid, Imma just give everyone a million bucks." Things that are fucked up about this:

1. That he can do it. The guy can just give everyone a million bucks. Like it COULD be done. Student loan debt? Taken care of. Mortgage? No problem. Medical bills? Covered. Basically (keep reading) almost every middle class or poor problem people have just gets fucking solved overnight.

omg we actually have someone on the forum this fucking stupid.

If you took his ENTIRE GODDAMN FORTUNE, not just the pittance of it he spent on his presidential campaign, you could afford to give everyone in the country about 170 bucks. Not a million.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

2. It would destroy the economy and our way of life. You'd have inflation like there's no tomorrow. Money would become worth far less. If it didn't (and even if it did) you'd have businesses just shutting down as no one showed up to work. Why be a police if you have a million bucks? Why flip burgers? Why work retail? Why deliver food or drive an uber? All the little things in the society that you need to have happen would stop happening. Because who wants to work a shit job if you're a millionaire.

It's one of those "the antidote is worse than the poison" situations and it's fucked up that we have to live like this.

This is why we need a robot underclass to do all this shit for us so we can all live like white rastas.
Trolling, in my jimmy rustle thread?

• 1Worf

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Wife attempted to replace the back flow valve on our outside faucet. She thought she'd drilled out the retaining screw (she hadn't), and turned the valve back and forth, "It seemed to get tighter when I turned it one way so I turned it the other way, is it a normal turn?" The fuck. Then she asked me to come see if I could get it off. I did one turn and it came off. Yup. Completely stripped the nozel. So no I'm gonna have to buy a new one, and shut the water off to replace it. God dammit I should have just done it myself like always.

• 1Worf

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Excluding the issue of not actually being able to give everyone a million, if you did there would indeed be massive inflation, which would in turn mean everyone's still poor, or don't have enough to afford shit. You're thinking about inflation but forgetting the cost of things would obviously rise in parallel, you want to buy some bread but now it costs 15k, so your million isn't worth shit, and you still have to grind at your job, only instead of being paid 15$/h, you're being paid 1500$/h, but your buying power hasn't fucking changed at all. It would have a ton of other issues especially worldwide though, but ultimately you're not anywhere close to that even with his 65billions networth. You'd need 327000 billions.

Siliconemelons

So we have all heard this discussion of "if everyone got 1m$" and I even posted it, in reply to the same tweet in politics.

But things that are different in this - yes, totally ignoring 500M$ would only give 500 people 1m$.... IF "everyone" was given 1M by a private person- NOT the government and it was ONE TIME, I think it yes, would cause a bunch of imbalance and "issues" - but I do not see companies suddenly paying employees 100x more just to deal with a one time happenstance.

Also I think the impact would be different, because it was a /person/ giving the money not /the government/ - I think the "all the above" happenings are true, but would be a ripple...

People with poor money management would just blow it...and most likely blow it /very/ fast...i.e. less than 2 years. Companies would be vying for the investment flood from the prudent people.

whoo

<Silver Donator>
Re the bad math/ inflation: Global GDP is appx 85 Trillion USD and the US GDP is about 21. 4 Trillion. If somehow 327 Trillion worth of US fiat currency were dumped into the US economy, the buying power of a dollar would plummet, regardless of whether most people lost it soon after. Just add 50% and then 2 zeros to everything.

Also the amount of clickbait media baloney surrounding coronavirus is rustling my jimmies. Lets tank the global economy for political points and more ad revenue. Good plan media!

• 2Like

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
instead of being paid 15$/h, you're being paid 1500$/h, but your buying power hasn't fucking changed at all.
As long as we're thinking through the fantasy, don't forget that hyperinflation is also a giant reset button on existing debt/wealth. People could quit crying about their (current) student loans then!