Whats rustling your jimmies?

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Waiting for Costco "senior shopping" to conclude and watching a senior shopper puff a cigarette while loading groceries. Also keeping in mind that I have two young kids and an elderly mother to shop for.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Waiting for Costco "senior shopping" to conclude and watching a senior shopper puff a cigarette while loading groceries. Also keeping in mind that I have two young kids and an elderly mother to shop for.
Pretty sure public execution is allowable in this situation

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
View attachment 257560

$100 a month. 32 is pretty Johnny53ing good for around here with all the people. Used to be about 5 on bad nights. Or 1 if that.

We were supposed to get fiber but the company that has and will have a choke hold on this entire town "accidently" cut the new optic lines in 2 places with the competing company. It will be 2-600000 years till we get better.
I'm definitely being throttled down. I get consistently over 760mbps on a 1gbps plan, and 50mbps up even on the shittiest of days.

Untitled.png

TJR

I'm glad so many people are using mask, gloves and sanitizing wipes, BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD USE THE FREAKING TRASH CAN WHEN YOU ARE DONE WITH IT.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Go to Burger King to get a large caramel frap. Dude says they don't sell it anymore. I tell him I just bought one a few days ago and it is still on their menu as of right now. He has no answer. He could just give the normal bullshit answer like McDonald's says like they are out of chocolate or something.

• 1GreNeg

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Is there some unholy fucking reason why people cant tell you exactly what their problem is when reporting a problem?

"XXXXX cant login".

What the fuck does that mean?

Is the keyboard broken?
Is it not taking their password?
Cant they not click login?
Is some weird fucking error popping up?

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?! Instead of explaining exactly what the problem is, I have to waste fucking time calling so many idiots when 50% of the problems I could tell them exactly what to do to resolve the "problem".

Also the problem solving skills of people holy shit. "XXXX doesnt cant find sharepoint". SO EMAIL THEM THE FUCKING LINK. WHY IS THIS AN IT ISSUE?! Its not our fault if a dumbass deletes their shortcut or cant find in their fucking rats nest of a desktop.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Homeschooling while working from home full time.

Work thinks you can function at full capacity with everyone at home. School thinks you're just sitting at home temporarily unemployed and can spend most of the day teaching a 7 year old. The end result is me jumping back and forth from my work to being a part time teacher, then working after hours to catch up on the job.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Waking up in the morning and seeing that one of the hdd lights on nas is red. Apparently one of the hd's (with kpop) has developed Current Pending Sector Count Warning. It's currently at 16. It's pissing me off because I gotta move so many files.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Working from home with Citrix. At my job you have to use Citrix Receiver to login, the new Citrix Workspace does not work. It's official IT policy to use Receiver. I have no idea whose fault this is, but what's driving me nuts is that Receiver is the worst app ever in nagging you to update. It steals focus from whatever you're doing and just says I'm going to update and restart your computer now, OK? You have to kill the process to prevent it, and then this just comes back over and over again.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I need to log into the main government taxation website here, Australia.

I registered myself as a business ( sole trader ) a little over 10 years ago as I would do occasional contract work. Which means I need to lodge a BAS ( business activity statement ) for each quarter. For the last several years it's been 'Nil' zero activity as a trader as I'm employed at a regular job now. So every few months I still need to log in and click the little icon marked as 'Nil'

To do this, I do a log in at the website. To confirm identity they SMS me a code to my phone that I'm supposed to enter in. Which is a good idea.

However:

My old phone developed battery problems and as it was old, I got a new one. The old SIM wasn't compatible, despite trying. So I got a new number. But when it came to the tax website, I would just drag the old phone out, plug it into the charger so that it'd work. Get an SMS to log on, do my thing, then put the old phone back away. So that worked fine. But now, for some reason its stopped reading the SIM card.

ALL I NEED TO DO IS, have them set up the new phone as the number to send the SMS to.

Yesterday I rang, and was on hold for 53 minutes, it ended when the phone ran out of credit, I'm a cheapo who uses pre-paid. So today, I added credit to my phone and tried again, after a full hour ( yes ) I just fucken gave up. Today I made a point of checking my phone after that hour $18 it had cost me, plus obviously a similar amount yesterday. And I've got no-where. I sitll have to go through this again.

Annoyed.

I don't have a fixed land line FYI.

• 1Rustled

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was waiting for a better story of government ineptitude, instead it read as a big mixed bag of self inflicted and ridiculous old boomer issues.

• 1Worf
  • 1Smuggly

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Applied to a job in Boston, including in my cover letter that the reason I applied for the job is because I want to move back to the States.

Today I got an email thanking me for the application, but also informing me that the company rarely does work in Germany, but that they would update me if they had any contracts in Germany.

I mean... they had to have read my resume in order to see that I am working/living in Germany. But they must not have read my cover letter. People are fucking dumb.

EDIT: And my boss still hasn't paid me for half of February and all of March. Right now I'm down to about 8 hours a week, but it's Easter break so everything is cancelled.

I'm supposed to be on vacation in the USA right now, but Lufthansa cancelled my flight and isn't refunding me because Covid-19 is an act of God or some shit. 2020 came out of the gate swinging.

Dispute the airline charge with your credit card company. They are on your side.

Regarding employment: she might be screwing with you because she knows she can. That's not how things would play out in the US, but I honestly don't know the rules where you are. I would consult with someone higher up the food chain of that industry as to your rights and the employer's obligations to pay you on time for services rendered (you are salary, not hourly).

EDIT 2: I contested the charge with my bank because it has been almost an entire month since Lufthansa cancelled my shit, and they still haven't given me a refund.

Yeah that's not going to fly in 1st world Europe either. Germany, right? Is the company big enough to have a "Betriebsrat", i.e. employee organization, or is it some three people business?

On the flight thing, yeah, contest it with your credit card. Is it a card issued by a german bank? They have forms for that stuff. Probably every cc company has one I guess.

Deutschland indeed. No Betriebsrat because it's a language school with offices in two seperate cities. Owner works out of one. I'm in the satellite office here in my city, and the secretary only comes in once a week nowadays.

I talked with another teacher and he only got paid partially for February. I know times are tough because the companies aren't paying their invoices, but I would think my boss has a legal duty to pay me on time. I looked it up in the German civil code and it says they have until the first day of the following month, but I'm a freelance employee so I'm not sure if that applies.

Last edited:
  • 1Rustled