Whats rustling your jimmies?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I was sitting around on the sidewalk next to a trash can that I kicked over, basking in the glow of my mischief, when some sanctimonious jerk comes by and rights the trash can, picks up the trash, and lectures me about taking care of my own neighborhood.

turbo rustled
I know it shouldn't but it feels true and accurate.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Last month I spent 680 euros on a flight to the USA, found out last week that it was cancelled by the airline so I cancelled the ticket and they said I would get a refund if it applied.

Haven't gotten the refund yet and I'm starting to suspect I won't get one.

Then my boss only paid me half my salary for February, and that was 23 days late. She said the next half would come when the invoices from our clients come in...

Started to get a bit worried. I'm a foreigner in this country, only allowed to work in one industry and the borders are closed.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dispute the airline charge with your credit card company. They are on your side.

Regarding employment: she might be screwing with you because she knows she can. That's not how things would play out in the US, but I honestly don't know the rules where you are. I would consult with someone higher up the food chain of that industry as to your rights and the employer's obligations to pay you on time for services rendered (you are salary, not hourly).

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Dispute the airline charge with your credit card company. They are on your side.

Regarding employment: she might be screwing with you because she knows she can. That's not how things would play out in the US, but I honestly don't know the rules where you are. I would consult with someone higher up the food chain of that industry as to your rights and the employer's obligations to pay you on time for services rendered (you are salary, not hourly).
Yeah that's not going to fly in 1st world Europe either. Germany, right? Is the company big enough to have a "Betriebsrat", i.e. employee organization, or is it some three people business?

On the flight thing, yeah, contest it with your credit card. Is it a card issued by a german bank? They have forms for that stuff. Probably every cc company has one I guess.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I was sitting around on the sidewalk next to a trash can that I kicked over, basking in the glow of my mischief, when some sanctimonious jerk comes by and rights the trash can, picks up the trash, and lectures me about taking care of my own neighborhood.

turbo rustled

I hate you...

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Internet running slow as shit. Wonder if providers are overwhelmed (is that even a thing these days)?

• 1Solidarity

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Internet running slow as shit. Wonder if providers are overwhelmed (is that even a thing these days)?

20200328_230151.jpg

$100 a month. 32 is pretty fucking good for around here with all the people. Used to be about 5 on bad nights. Or 1 if that.

We were supposed to get fiber but the company that has and will have a choke hold on this entire town "accidently" cut the new optic lines in 2 places with the competing company. It will be 2-600000 years till we get better.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
We've been waiting on a shipment that's due on Monday in order to allow people to work from home at my job. Somebody had the bright idea on Friday to tell a few of my coworkers to take a laptop and phone home with them this weekend and work from home. It's a goddamn clusterfuck. I swear some of these people are too stupid to breathe. One came in to work yesterday morning for some reason and was asking me how to set herself back up when she went home. "Do I plug in the blue wire or the white wire?" Bitch, I don't know what fucking color your cables are at home.

There are 2 machines left in to office right now and I'm being asked to troubleshoot one of them tonight as the XP VM is fucked and won't run. I'm not IT, I don't have the image to restore the VM. Some spreadsheets I need to do my job properly were on a shared drive on one of the laptops that is no longer here, but of course nobody thought of that when they took it. Granted, that shit should have been stored elsewhere, but I don't make those decisions.

• 1Worf

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
We've been waiting on a shipment that's due on Monday in order to allow people to work from home at my job. Somebody had the bright idea on Friday to tell a few of my coworkers to take a laptop and phone home with them this weekend and work from home. It's a goddamn clusterfuck. I swear some of these people are too stupid to breathe. One came in to work yesterday morning for some reason and was asking me how to set herself back up when she went home. "Do I plug in the blue wire or the white wire?" Bitch, I don't know what fucking color your cables are at home.

There are 2 machines left in to office right now and I'm being asked to troubleshoot one of them tonight as the XP VM is fucked and won't run. I'm not IT, I don't have the image to restore the VM. Some spreadsheets I need to do my job properly were on a shared drive on one of the laptops that is no longer here, but of course nobody thought of that when they took it. Granted, that shit should have been stored elsewhere, but I don't make those decisions.

Company runs fileserver on laptop, work from home taken to the extreme.

• 1Worf

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Company runs fileserver on laptop, work from home taken to the extreme.

Fileserver? Yeah right. It's just a partition on that laptop shared on the network.

It used to be a USB drive that got passed around...

• 1Worf

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Fileserver? Yeah right. It's just a partition on that laptop shared on the network.

It used to be a USB drive that got passed around...

Sounds like y’all should be doing a cheap synology Nas or even Azure.

• 1Solidarity

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Speaker phone is the worst thing ever invented.

Them: Echowharblegarble

Me: Can you take it off speaker, I can't understand you.

Them: (Really loud) It's not on speaker.

Me: Asks them to repeat themselves a dozen times or so

Them: *click* (Suddenly perfectly clear) Do you need hearing aids?

Me: Thank you for taking it of the speaker you did not have me on. Let's not waste any more time.

• 4Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 4 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
A coworker having a meltdown that there is not a backup plan for COVID...

• 1Worf

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Don't even mention you don't have a backup plan for the backup plan...

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Ran in to the HR lady in the parking lot Tuesday morning. I ranted a bit about the issues we had over the weekend due to implementing work from home prematurely over the weekend. Turns out it was done due to 2 co-workers claiming to be having panic attacks about coming in to the office.

Last edited: