Whats rustling your jimmies?

joz123

Potato del Grande
People putting "thread" in the name of their thread. We know it's a thread.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
We should totally rename this to ‘The What’s Rustling Your Jimmies Thread or TWRYJT for short’. Well, atleast correct the ‘whats’.

• 1Like

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Having to go to a office filled with 25 other people to remotely connect to servers and networks. I HAVE BETTER INTERNET (AND NO COVID) AT HOME.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
During my wife's ultrasound, the doctor said she had "plenty of leafs left on her ovaries", meaning she was still packing plenty of eggs. 2 kids is where I stop. Why you gotta tempt her like that... I'm already gonna be 54 when the first one graduates high school.

Now I am rustled that I am going to be 60 when mine graduates.

Fuck, who am I kidding, he is an empathetic, sensitive, middle class white male - he ain't going to make it.

I am TRYING to turn him into a living, walking shitpost but his mother defies me at every turn!

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
During my wife's ultrasound, the doctor said she had "plenty of leafs left on her ovaries", meaning she was still packing plenty of eggs. 2 kids is where I stop. Why you gotta tempt her like that... I'm already gonna be 54 when the first one graduates high school.

Careful man! I was adamant about having 2 TOPS. Then we had an oops, but she miscarried, not a huge sob story, it's biological and happens a lot more often but no-one talks about it because sad. But it happened on Xmas day, so from that point on I was on the hook for a 3rd. But I'm too old for this shit, so I'll be at a high school event and hear "aww, that's nice of your grand-father to come support you!'

• 1Solidarity

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
New box of Kleenex. Machine didn't like make the cuts in the tissue or at least not all. So I have a few loose sheets but largely yanking tissues gives me just a long unending thing of paper I got to tear myself. Box looks like a disaster and mighty inconvenient when hurriedly needing one.

• 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
New box of Kleenex. Machine didn't like make the cuts in the tissue or at least not all. So I have a few loose sheets but largely yanking tissues gives me just a long unending thing of paper I got to tear myself. Box looks like a disaster and mighty inconvenient when hurriedly needing one.
Reminds me of when I bought a giant bulk box of garbage bags where the machine didn't seal a small part of half the bag bottoms, leaving a hole for the garbage to fall out of.

whoo

<Silver Donator>
New youtube apocalypse. I just got served 5 midroll ads in a 12 minute video. I like to watch on my mobile and I'm not aware of an ad blocker for android that works without a rooted phone.

So gay, and not in the balls just touched way, but the "i want to papercut my eyeballs in frustration" way.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Reminds me of when I bought a giant bulk box of garbage bags where the machine didn't seal a small part of half the bag bottoms, leaving a hole for the garbage to fall out of.

Just be thankful you aren't using those trash bags to spank into.

• 2WTF

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
New youtube apocalypse. I just got served 5 midroll ads in a 12 minute video. I like to watch on my mobile and I'm not aware of an ad blocker for android that works without a rooted phone.

So gay, and not in the balls just touched way, but the "i want to papercut my eyeballs in frustration" way.

Completely agree. There really needs to be a competitive alternative in order to force better service.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Applications that are overdesigned. Why the fuck is the Razer or nVidia "Experience" applications these hulking monstrosities of services that are wildly redundant, and/or no one is going to use. Instead of making this shitty application, why don't you allocate those developer resources into making sure your actual drivers work flawlessly first? And on top of that, why does it require a user account? So you can save my default mouse settings since I'm refreshing my OS frequently enough for that to matter? Also, those user accounts requiring passwords with forty characters, three special characters, an alt+#### key, a drop of blood, and require manually entering your password every other time you boot your computer or need to update your drivers (seriously, fuck you Nvidia with this shit).

It's a conflict of wanting to keep my drivers updated and my laziness of remembering to update them manually. That's the only benefit these things give. But really, how often do I need to update my mouse driver? Apparently frequently enough because Razer's drivers start exhibiting issues randomly for no fucking reason whatsoever. And you always need the latest Nvidia driver or that new fancy game you try to play is going to be fucked up or run 20% slower.

I also just sat through an hour seminar on "Innovation". A word I've grown to fucking hate. Change, change, change, iterate, change. I realize this makes me sound old, but fuck, so much of my time is wasted by young idiots coming in with "brilliant ideas of how to do things" which are really the same way we've always done things, or asking me to do things that have ALREADY BEEN DONE. I'm not going to remap the fucking infrastructure for you when those charts already exist. I'm not even part of the infrastructure team. Ask them. Like you'd even understand the chart since you don't even know what half of these services, applications, servers, databases, etc do, support, interact.

I'm not even that vetted in the IT world, but I hate new assholes who want to lead first, not learn first. Quit putting the cart before the horse.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 3 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The mayor of Portland. Fuck that guy in his stupid face. If there's one way to inspire destroying your city more, you're fucking championing it ya cuck.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Siliconemelons

Applications that are overdesigned. Why the fuck is the Razer or nVidia "Experience" applications these hulking monstrosities of services that are wildly redundant, and/or no one is going to use. Instead of making this shitty application, why don't you allocate those developer resources into making sure your actual drivers work flawlessly first? And on top of that, why does it require a user account? So you can save my default mouse settings since I'm refreshing my OS frequently enough for that to matter? Also, those user accounts requiring passwords with forty characters, three special characters, an alt+#### key, a drop of blood, and require manually entering your password every other time you boot your computer or need to update your drivers (seriously, fuck you Nvidia with this shit).

It's a conflict of wanting to keep my drivers updated and my laziness of remembering to update them manually. That's the only benefit these things give. But really, how often do I need to update my mouse driver? Apparently frequently enough because Razer's drivers start exhibiting issues randomly for no fucking reason whatsoever. And you always need the latest Nvidia driver or that new fancy game you try to play is going to be fucked up or run 20% slower.

I also just sat through an hour seminar on "Innovation". A word I've grown to fucking hate. Change, change, change, iterate, change. I realize this makes me sound old, but fuck, so much of my time is wasted by young idiots coming in with "brilliant ideas of how to do things" which are really the same way we've always done things, or asking me to do things that have ALREADY BEEN DONE. I'm not going to remap the fucking infrastructure for you when those charts already exist. I'm not even part of the infrastructure team. Ask them. Like you'd even understand the chart since you don't even know what half of these services, applications, servers, databases, etc do, support, interact.

I'm not even that vetted in the IT world, but I hate new assholes who want to lead first, not learn first. Quit putting the cart before the horse.

They hired old printer drive / manager programmers...

I hate control / management / whatever anythings - all I want is /the driver/ that is all...

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
People who report a problem, but give absolutely zero description of what the problem or any information about said problem is need to be beat over the head with lead pipes.

"My car is making a noise!!"

When do you hear the noise?
Is it when you start the car?
Is it when you turn the car off?
Does it only make it at certain times?
Does it make the noise when you use a certain feature or perform a particular action?
How often does it occur?

Who the fuck knows with these retards because nothing clicks in their brains to give you any information about the problem.

Siliconemelons

People who report a problem, but give absolutely zero description of what the problem or any information about said problem is need to be beat over the head with lead pipes.

"My car is making a noise!!"

When do you hear the noise?
Is it when you start the car?
Is it when you turn the car off?
Does it only make it at certain times?
Does it make the noise when you use a certain feature or perform a particular action?
How often does it occur?

Who the fuck knows with these retards because nothing clicks in their brains to give you any information about the problem.

When you report a problem with verified reproduction steps included as well as other more common observations... you drop the car off at 7am, the intake people all nod at your information, then you call for an update.

"The tech cant reproduce the problem."
"Did you do XY and Z like I said"
"no, I will tell the tech and get back with you."

"Okay the tech found the problem, it was *insert the steps you gave them but done via tools they only have, so "they" found it* - and we have to order *part* - good news is its a simple fix and shouldn't take long.... BUT its (vague time after 1pm) and the parts place is "swamped" so we wont get it until tomorrow."

**tomorrow**

"How is it going?"
"Good, we are awaiting the part. It was not in the morning delivery and I will check on it."
"Well, the tech didn't order it until this morning so it will be on the lunch delivery."
"It came in and the tech that was on your ticket was at lunch, so to expedite it another tech got the part and was like -whats this for- and tested your car and it was fine, so he sent the part back..."

well...

that is why, sometimes with my car, I do not even try.. I just keep complaining about the surface issue over and over and over and bring the damn thing back again and again and make them give me a loaner each time... every damn shop I have dealt with does that same BS...so...they have earned their way.

• 2Rustled

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
i was doing a tour and this young engineer (no metal/no jewlery) had those ear things. they were worried it was gonna get "caught" flopping around, so he tucked it behind his ear.
Got rustled at the idea of those earlobes flopping about, then them getting caught in a machine, then the tucking them behind the ears... I couldn't even click the video...
Rustled

Siliconemelons

Check Engine light pops up

Make 9am appointment, just to have them scan it and see what the issue is and requested a loaner... I admit I did it last night...so

Get there, guy is like "yeah out of loaners" - okay... so I say, just run the code and let me know.

Faulty o2 sensor, okay...in stock, covered by CPO- going to replace should not take long. Duh, its a screw in dealio...

Been awhile and the dude comes in and is like "Its stuck...so...we have to replace the entire catalytic converter, and we have to order that..." so then they have to futz around finding me a loaner..

Its not /that/ big of a rustle but. eh... oh well, good news, new o2 sensor and catalytic converter :)

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
okay this is a true rustle...

lost my watch :-( help Foler Foler MIA watch! ;-)
Dang. How'd that happen? I keep my watches in a watch box in a safe. If it's one I wear daily then in drawer next to bed. To be honest I really haven't worn any of my watches much over the past year.

Thoughts n prayers bro.

Siliconemelons

Dang. How'd that happen? I keep my watches in a watch box in a safe. If it's one I wear daily then in drawer next to bed. To be honest I really haven't worn any of my watches much over the past year.

Thoughts n prayers bro.

All my others are in their box, doing their thing...most are broken...lol and sad

But my daily driver - Movado Bold Connect SS bracelet version... is...somewhere...sad and alone... I don't know where I would have lost it... /sigh/

• 1Thoughts & Prayers