a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
as in normalizing a rational database?
20200711_163034.jpg

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Mom called me up and asked if i would take the sectional couch my sister is getting rid of to her place for her. I told her no, so she said she was going to call up my brother and ask if she would rent a uhaul, would he pick it up for her.

I specifically told her I would no longer be moving stuff for her 4-5 months ago. She has had a habit of buying a piece of furniture at random that she had zero need for other than she wanted to change the look of her living room and would ask me to move it AFTER she bought the thing. The final straw was a fold out couch she randomly bought because she was convinced she just had to have it because some family from out of town where coming and they needed somewhere to stay and she liked it more. Surprise surprise the family never came and she didnt like the couch at all so after I had bought the thing, I had to take it back. Fold out couches are heavy.

So I told her then and there Im done. Im never moving stuff for her and I was 100% dead serious dont ask. Well she asked me again today and I said no.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm trying to decide between a few fun cars for weekend/track use and I'm leaning towards the less powerful, slower one that also costs 10% more, because I've told myself I don't need as much as I used to. WTH?

I'm also rustled because this probably falls into the "you know you're getting old when..." category as well.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I mean there's always the argument that you can get more fun from driving something slower 100% rather than something riskier that it's hard to even reach all out without hitting pro level driver limits.

But I havn't learned that since bike wise I have one of the fastest production bikes, and my side bitch commuter ninja 400 is maybe getting swapped out for a 1,400 CC sport tourer as a commuter.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean there's always the argument that you can get more fun from driving something slower 100% rather than something riskier that it's hard to even reach all out without hitting pro level driver limits.

But I havn't learned that since bike wise I have one of the fastest production bikes, and my side bitch commuter ninja 400 is maybe getting swapped out for a 1,400 CC sport tourer as a commuter.

I'm the opposite. I ran the hell out of my 1983 CB1000C, but I barely ride my 2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Used a great exchange app to synch my phone & work emails on my desktop, ran into an issue where no matter what it wouldn't connect and say failed connection. Uninstalled to reinstall it, and come to find it was pulled off the app store in 2018 due to being unsupported by the new company owners.

Tried out outlook's own app and it only pushes "inbox" emails over when I sort things from VP/CSD's to their own accounts. Either have to find an app that can push mail from other folders or undo all the fucking rules and filter them manually after reading.

God damnit outlook

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
"The government should have systems in place to protect you from *insert wildly unpredictable scenario here*."

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Zhavric

Molten Core Raider
The left's bullshit (I'm a centrist. the right isn't any better)

Just... allllll their fucking bullshit.

"Gender is a construct but as a lesbian I would NEVER date a male."
"I can be as awful as I want to people on the right and have the moral high ground. Because people who want smaller government and fewer abortions are TOTALLY interchangeable with KKK members and nazis. How dare you imply I did anything wrong!?"
"The right denies science not us. We just think that STEM is inherently racist and want to deny it."
"We're the party of logic and reason which is why you're not allowed to even BRING UP that black culture has spent nearly 30 years romanticizing and popularizing the thug lifestyle that hates the police."
"We want to talk shit about the right for being so close minded but how DARE you try to introduce nuance. Hold two thoughts in my head at the same time!?!? No one can live at that speed."

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Working out again for the first time in a few months; tendons and connective tissues are shot to shit and my arms are in a permanent ape-like position as I can't stretch them all the way.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Just had another birthday... got more ancient....

Notable people who remembered this and called/texted/whatever to wish me a happy birthday : The former boss at my last employer who'se actions were the primary reason I left that place.

Notable people who didn't remember, who I even saw in person, and didn't say anything? : My own mother.
Been there. I feel for you. I honestly don't care about my birthday at all, and don't really want to do things on it, but if my direct family could at least remember enough to text me that would feel great.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Getting a goddamn haircut is now harder than getting a doctor's appointment. No walk ins, you have to make an appointment over a week in advance, are expected to show up 30 min before your appointment and can expect to wait up to an hour after your appointment time to finally get seen. I went to 3 different places with a similar policy (admittedly calling BS and leaving the first two) before I had to accept it.

• 1Worf

wellijustdontknow

Trakanon Raider
You want to know what's rustling my jimmies? Do you? My fucking knickers are in a twist with the fucking title of this thread. Where is the damn apostrophe in "Whats"? What in the actual fuck...?

• 3Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Molten Core Raider
My guess is that a huge majority of the useless fucksticks that cant be bothered to return the cart to the cart return are also the kind that would melt down if they came out of the store and saw a cart parked in the side of their door because one of their ilk just left it. Fuck these people.

• 1Like