Whats rustling your jimmies?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Put in my resignation on Monday. Boss works in a different city, about an hour away by train. She hasn't sent me a reply yet.

Not a typical rustle, but I'm definitely unsure why I haven't gotten a response yet.

Having been privy to the bosses side of that transaction, I can explain. It's because they've been wanting to get rid of you for some time and the boss was too much of a non confrontational pussy to do it.

How much notice did you give? About 2 months?

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Or, they really like you and something in your resignation letter gave them hope they could retain you and they're running it up the ladder.

But probably the first one.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
giphy.gif

Maybe he’s playing e-mail roulette and your mail got deleted.

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Having been privy to the bosses side of that transaction, I can explain. It's because they've been wanting to get rid of you for some time and the boss was too much of a non confrontational pussy to do it.

How much notice did you give? About 2 months?

6 weeks.

Two other guys left the company in the last three months. One left without notice and the other gave about 3 days notice.

The company is only about 8-9 people in three different cities.

Or, they really like you and something in your resignation letter gave them hope they could retain you and they're running it up the ladder.

But probably the first one.

Probably the first one.

• 1Worf

Sevens

Log Wizard
I have bitched about this before, but people saying Casted instead of Cast
You do not conjugate cast in that way...Its wrong and improper grammar but is becoming the norm in most internet post or videos I see.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
My xbox one died and now I have many movies and episodes of mst3k I can no longer watch on my TV because the Sony media player sucks ass.

giphy.gif

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I know we're being tracked by like every tech company, but I thought it wouldn't be as bad for me (no facebook, social media etc)

Nope! Went into a random thread on reddit front page ( ) about The Count of Monte Cristo book, it reminded me I should reinstall my phones book reader, and look what was the #1 recommendation.

AjD4HoX.jpg

Fscking scary. Reminds me of the Target AI that new a dude daughter was pregnant before he did. Apologies if that giant phone screenshot also rustles jimmies!

• 1Like

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know we're being tracked by like every tech company, but I thought it wouldn't be as bad for me (no facebook, social media etc)

Nope! Went into a random thread on reddit front page ( ) about The Count of Monte Cristo book, it reminded me I should reinstall my phones book reader, and look what was the #1 recommendation.

AjD4HoX.jpg

Fscking scary. Reminds me of the Target AI that new a dude daughter was pregnant before he did. Apologies if that giant phone screenshot also rustles jimmies!

I think it's trending, it was in one of the episodes of Lovecraft Country.

• 1Galaxy Brain

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People that post videos without context. Do they expect me to just click it? How about a few lines telling me what this video is about and who's in it. Did you even watch it yourself?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
My AC broke yesterday. I texted my rental company at 330pm, and he pussy footed around saying it was probably the thermostat batteries, so he didn't contact a repairman til today, who can't get here til tomorrow morning. It's been a steady 84 degrees in my house all day. It's 61 degrees outside. The house has no window screens, so I can't open the windows without letting in mosquitos and shit.

• 1Solidarity

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
My AC broke yesterday. I texted my rental company at 330pm, and he pussy footed around saying it was probably the thermostat batteries, so he didn't contact a repairman til today, who can't get here til tomorrow morning. It's been a steady 84 degrees in my house all day. It's 61 degrees outside. The house has no window screens, so I can't open the windows without letting in mosquitos and shit.

The last 2 times my AC broke, it was a $10 capacitor I could replace myself. About as difficult as swapping out a car battery (everything is labelled).

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
The last 2 times my AC broke, it was a $10 capacitor I could replace myself. About as difficult as swapping out a car battery (everything is labelled).

I mean .... it was the capacitor both times? Sounds like you're either not replacing it right or fixing the symptom instead of the cause.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
I mean .... it was the capacitor both times? Sounds like you're either not replacing it right or fixing the symptom instead of the cause.

It's been fine for 3 years, so my master plan of ignoring the root cause finally worked! (or you get what you pay for in chinese made parts)

• 1Worf

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider

It was a 5 amp fuse, behind a panel on the unit in my attic. I'm renting, so I'm not going and fucking around with something I don't own. Service guy left me some fuses though, so I can check in the future.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
One of the competent co-workers walked off the job last week and I had to work a day shift today while he is "out indefinitely".

I hate day shifts. Day people are weird and fucking annoying to deal with.

• 1Solidarity

matsb84

Silver Knight of the Realm

Home Depot or Lowes sell adjustable screens you can put in your windows. Most NYC apts dont have screens, and thats what we use to keep bugs out.

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Only a minor rustle , but i saw this car today and i can't figure out what the fuck is going on. I've seen some HAM operators do some stupid shit to their cars but this takes the cake . Anyone know what they could be doing with this set up or what those loop antennas are for? Searches keep coming up with shit about the Mars rover. But you can tell by the species of tree in the background that i clearly wasn't on mars.

rover-explorer.jpg

Last edited:

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Furnace won't turn on. It's in gas lockout mode because of a failed gas control valve. I can fix it myself, but the part is almost 200$.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Only a minor rustle , but i saw this car today and i can't figure out what the fuck is going on. I've seen some HAM operators do some stupid shit to their cars but this takes the cake . Anyone know what they could be doing with this set up or what those loop antennas are for? Searches keep coming up with shit about the Mars rover. But you can tell by the species of tree in the background that i clearly wasn't on mars.

rover-explorer.jpg

Could possibly be Fish and Wildlife, tracking animals with radio tags?

• 1Worf