Whats rustling your jimmies?

Sevens

Log Wizard
Only a minor rustle , but i saw this car today and i can't figure out what the fuck is going on. I've seen some HAM operators do some stupid shit to their cars but this takes the cake . Anyone know what they could be doing with this set up or what those loop antennas are for? Searches keep coming up with shit about the Mars rover. But you can tell by the species of tree in the background that i clearly wasn't on mars.

rover-explorer.jpg

Maybe a Stormchaser?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
when I go on youtube to watch a tutorial or guide video and the voice over is annoying. I might be that the pitch of the voice is slightly off, they speak either too fast or two slow, repeat one word or phrase without realizing it. Within 10-20 seconds I know that I have to go back to searching.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thread titles on FOH are now white and harder to see if there have been new posts. We're too old for change around here!

• 13Solidarity
  • 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 17 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Had to leave to get somewhere at 5am this morning. Truck battery was completely dead. Had to get to the place, and then replace the battery later. Shitty way to spend money.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Could possibly be Fish and Wildlife, tracking animals with radio tags?

wow that would be something, I was also thinking along the lines of locating radio signals, but AFAIK that just takes a huge gain yagi that you can rotate 360 degrees. But no. The tags were from out of state (way out of state, like 1000+ miles away). Any state department would have decals on their vehicle and exempt plates.

Maybe a Stormchaser?

Interesting. I guess those could be weather instruments rather than antennas? I looked up some pics of storm chaser vehicles and I don't see anything like that. It don't look like a command vehicle either.

Sevens

Log Wizard
wow that would be something, I was also thinking along the lines of locating radio signals, but AFAIK that just takes a huge gain yagi that you can rotate 360 degrees. But no. The tags were from out of state (way out of state, like 1000+ miles away). Any state department would have decals on their vehicle and exempt plates.

Interesting. I guess those could be weather instruments rather than antennas? I looked up some pics of storm chaser vehicles and I don't see anything like that. It don't look like a command vehicle either.
I think youre correct, those look more like TV or Radio antenna than weather tracking radar antenna.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

They're on to you man, you're being tracked. Time to go underground

• 1Worf

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Is anyone on any HAM websites? if so please post that pic and see if they know WTF the car is geared up for.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
A very small section of my phones screen randomly died this morning.

• 1Rustled

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
People that park in the NO PARKING area, thus preventing me from getting in my car. I've got a ramp that comes out the passenger side slider allowing me to get in and out, came back out from my appointment to find this. Super fun

1602010990336.png

• 5Rustled
Reactions: 4 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
People that park in the NO PARKING area, thus preventing me from getting in my car. I've got a ramp that comes out the passenger side slider allowing me to get in and out, came back out from my appointment to find this. Super fun

View attachment 308195
While I do believe that Tarrantino was correct in his assertion that keying someone's car is some chickenshit stuff...

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
If I was angry and needed to get in my van like that, I would not be above breaking a window, popping their car in neutral and leaving it in the middle of the lot :p /ITG

PRO TIP : apparently broken ceramic from the white part of a spark plug will break a window with just a light throw.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I just had a potato salad with questionable mayo. Odds are not looking good

• 1Worf

Hoss

<Gold Donor>

View attachment 308195

So would you damage your ramp if you went ahead and dropped it? That's probably what i would do.

If I was angry and needed to get in my van like that, I would not be above breaking a window, popping their car in neutral and leaving it in the middle of the lot :p /ITG

PRO TIP : apparently broken ceramic from the white part of a spark plug will break a window with just a light throw.

He needs a ramp, so probably in a wheelchair. Can you make a video of someone in a wheelchair doing all of this? Don't forget unlocking the gear shift. I know I have an old truck but you can't shift to neutral without the key in mine.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
So would you damage your ramp if you went ahead and dropped it? That's probably what i would do.

He needs a ramp, so probably in a wheelchair. Can you make a video of someone in a wheelchair doing all of this? Don't forget unlocking the gear shift. I know I have an old truck but you can't shift to neutral without the key in mine.
Unfortunately no. If I tried to open it the ramp would start to come out, probably hit their car and then immediately retract. While the though of damaging their car is nice, I don't think it would do a whole lot. It is pretty sensitive to resistance.

And yes, in a wheelchair so no way for me to get into their car.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Unfortunately no. If I tried to open it the ramp would start to come out, probably hit their car and then immediately retract. While the though of damaging their car is nice, I don't think it would do a whole lot. It is pretty sensitive to resistance.

And yes, in a wheelchair so no way for me to get into their car.

So the best option I've heard so far is to call a tow truck. I guess calling the cops would be good too. What did you do?

lurker

Vyemm Raider

View attachment 308195

Park your chair behind the offending car so they can’t leave and call the cops.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Tagless plain shirts where the print fades away so you don't know which is the right way until you put it on.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Rustled
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Tagless plain shirts where the print fades away so you don't know which is the right way until you put it on.
It's worse for the tagless underwear. Both sides look the same with some brands.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users