Whats rustling your jimmies?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I always use the Windows key + 3 characters to launch programs because it's faster than using the mouse. Been doing it for years and years at this point.

About 6 months ago, Win10 made it so that typing " iExplore " in the search box defaults to Edge instead of internet explorer (which we need for some work stuff). Really chaps my ass.
1608766375913.png

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I always use the Windows key + 3 characters to launch programs because it's faster than using the mouse. Been doing it for years and years at this point.

About 6 months ago, Win10 made it so that typing " iExplore " in the search box defaults to Edge instead of internet explorer (which we need for some work stuff). Really chaps my ass.
View attachment 324958
I'd laugh at using internet explorer, but 90% of the DoD sites i use for work need explorer...

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 324958
This was another jimmy fucking rustling thing. The fact Microsoft gave Edge a very similar icon to IE up until recently.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
My brother is working from home and I saw the setup they use. Windows 7. Internet Explorer. International freight.

I looked at him and just shook my head.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Random bill increases. Like the ones they put on your bill after two or three pages. It’s a small notice that says next month your bill is going up by five bucks or so. No reason, no promo ending, just because. I’m pretty sure they only do it just to pump up their profits and hope people are too dumb to notice. I was just doing my bills and had three companies that had an increase. I looked at the previous months statements and of course there’s a notice on it. I called all three and only one of them reversed it back down. Another one kept dancing around different reasons. She was saying Internet prices went up company wide, but then started saying it happens to some people because a promos ending etc. and of course they’re all bills that are kind of a hassle to change if you threaten to leave. Changing Internet provider is isn’t a huge ordeal but the other ones are insurance and home security related.
Geico ratched up about $300 year over year until I switched. Called to cancel and they said they don't apply new discounts unless you call to get them applied. Ended up reducing my premium to below the new company so I'd switch back, which of course I did. All the same, it's shitty as fuck for a service I have never used in 20+ years and fall under the minimal risk category working from home.

I always call or check rates each year for all of my services. Unfortunately services like gas, electricity, and water, or my personal favorite, property taxes, have no competition. Fighting property value to reduce property taxes can reduce my yearly expenses by a couple thousand dollars, enough that another company has even started picking up the slack. "We'll eat the $300 fee if we don't reduce your taxes by $1000!"

Fucking bottom feeding trash billing practices that need regulation out the asshole. And I'm against regulation. But I'm more against predatory trash business practices. Make your service worth the rate, otherwise fuck off.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My wife thinks I'm nuts for doing it, but that is why I don't have auto-pay on anything. Every company has fucked with rates and played those games. If I had auto-pay I wouldn't see it for 6-12 months.

• 1Solidarity

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
My wife thinks I'm nuts for doing it, but that is why I don't have auto-pay on anything. Every company has fucked with rates and played those games. If I had auto-pay I wouldn't see it for 6-12 months.
I do the same thing, but now they’re starting to get smarter. I just switched my wife’s cell phone carrier and the rate that they advertise has a little catch to it. You have to enroll in paperless billing and auto pay in order to get the lower rate. On top of that they don’t let you use a credit card for auto pay, I’m guessing because of fees. So you have to use a debit card or direct withdrawal from checking. I keep a regular watch on our finances anyways though so if they change the bill I notice it.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I get a text notification for any transactions over $50, so I have a visual record of what each month's billing is, even on autopay, for all of my bills. Another mechanism companies will use is the slowly shortened billing cycle. 30 days, 29 days, 30 days, depending on the business day it gets processed, so over time you see the transaction date walking backwards. I want to say Sprint would do that shit. 30 day billing cycle, not "monthly".

Speaking of, the yearly calendar being some imperial style format for billing/paycheck is stupid. Wish we'd convert to a 10 month, 30 day style, with a 6-7 day new years week. And get rid of daylight savings. I mean, we're canceling everything else, let's at least do something useful.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
My sister got me some THC gummies for Christmas. Anyway she repackaged them in some glass jars and told me they were 150mg. Anyway I ate 2-3 of them, then I get a text and she says "My bad those were 500mg gummies."

• 1Worf

Fucker

Log Wizard
My sister got me some THC gummies for Christmas. Anyway she repackaged them in some glass jars and told me they were 150mg. Anyway I ate 2-3 of them, then I get a text and she says "My bad those were 500mg gummies."

I got Nicorette gum for a long flight. I hate flying so was annoyed on top of not having a real fix. I was hitting that gum like the teeth of a hungry god, and after about 10 minutes I was travelling faster than the plane. I'm suprised my heart didn't explode and blow the plane in half.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>

first thing that popped into my head

338.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Slow Motion Smoking GIF

• 1Solidarity

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
If your tolerance is up there 500mg isn't any worse than 200mg. If you've never smoked or eaten edibles before, 500mg is gonna send your heart into outer space, you'll be unconscious and conscious at the same time. I remember not smoking for almost a year, then ate several 200mg gummies thinking it'd be no big thing... I was wrong. Couldn't sleep for 4 hours, and spent the entire time madly searching through Netflix for something to watch. I mean, I was digging deep into the Baliwood shit. And I never actually watched anything before my eyelids gave out.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Still alive?

• 1Like