Whats rustling your jimmies?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
"Only works on IE7", fails security evaluation. Can't fix it. Needs to be upgraded. Upgrade version, breaks it. Revert version. Loop indefinitely. Software dev support is bullshit.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
How the fuck is this even possible?

I would have thought the same thing if my cousin hadn't told us over Christmas that his wife had hit the garage twice.

Wait, shit I hope fred isn't my cousin.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Part of my job is generating previews of our content for the sales team to give to prospective clients or renewals. These previews expire on a schedule at the end of the year so people can't just take the links and use them indefinitely. Sales knows this. They also know making these is a simple but stupidly time intensive task. Early December, give the sales team the heads up that all the previews are about to expire Jan 1st and to let me know what specific content they need for the beginning of the year so I can prep it for them. They tell me they'll let me know.

A week before I go on vacation, another reminder to sales:
me: "Please let me know what previews you'll need at the beginning of the year, so I can make fresh links for you before Jan 1st when they all expire."
sales: "Thanks, it looks like we're already good to go."

Today:
sales: "Was just informed that all of our preview links no longer work."
me: *sigh* "Yes, it's past the Jan 1st scheduled expiration date. Let me know which specific mods you need and I'll get them as soon as I can"
sales: "We need the entire library of English content"
me: ...

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Part of my job is generating previews of our content for the sales team to give to prospective clients or renewals. These previews expire on a schedule at the end of the year so people can't just take the links and use them indefinitely. Sales knows this. They also know making these is a simple but stupidly time intensive task. Early December, give the sales team the heads up that all the previews are about to expire Jan 1st and to let me know what specific content they need for the beginning of the year so I can prep it for them. They tell me they'll let me know.

A week before I go on vacation, another reminder to sales:
me: "Please let me know what previews you'll need at the beginning of the year, so I can make fresh links for you before Jan 1st when they all expire."
sales: "Thanks, it looks like we're already good to go."

Today:
sales: "Was just informed that all of our preview links no longer work."
me: *sigh* "Yes, it's past the Jan 1st scheduled expiration date. Let me know which specific mods you need and I'll get them as soon as I can"
sales: "We need the entire library of English content"
me: ...

That's when you email them back with a copy of the reminders and procedures along with a simple note: "No".

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I would have thought the same thing if my cousin hadn't told us over Christmas that his wife had hit the garage twice.

Wait, shit I hope fred isn't my cousin.

I think that's a common thing with all wives. Like 2 days before we moved out and started a cross country drive, a certain wife backed into the garage door with this on lol. It's been like a decade now, I can forgive, but nevar forget! ;) ;)

DSC00724.JPG

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
My dad.

So for the past 15 or so years hes had problems with ulcers/sores on his foot. This guy has been in and out of hospitals and doctors offices during time this trying to fix his foot. Im an in no way shape or form exaggerating when I say the government has probably spent over a million dollars on trying to "fix" his foot. Over the 15 years hes been in the hospital for a few surgeries for months at a time to have toes removed and to have bone from his foot itself removed or to just deal with the ulcers. Countless doctors visits for getting special boot fitted for him. From everything thats happened and what he says its almost certainly diabetes related but he admittedly admits he doesnt have diabetes and that the sores are due to bone spurs(something he says he dealt with while working for 30-40 years....).

Well last week he had half of his foot amputated because of course like all diabetics their foot ends up necrotic. So now hes in a hospital somewhere in Georgia and will be in it for another month at least. Knowing how all this plays out it means we will likely be taking care of his affairs in the near future and this is where it becomes jimmy rustling. Hes basically a nomad, he doesnt have a actual home. He has an rv and some stuff in storage here in middle of no where Arizona, he has a "summer home" in Minnesota and now hes in Georgia. So if he dies in the next month or so its going to be a real pain in the ass to deal with all this stuff. To add to it he has no will atm so we have no idea what he actually has or where its specifically at.

His situation is truly absurd because his brother went down the exact same path with diabetes, all while living at my fathers house! His brother was an obese man who of course did not manage his diabetes. First it started with losing some toes, then his entire foot then not long after his life. All in my dad's house.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
If he truly does not have a place to live (or insurance for example), it could be that he just needs 4-6 weeks of IV antibiotics but since there is no safe way to set that up he will be living in the hospital. It may not necessarily mean he is on the verge of death.

Obviously people that have problems like this tend to have wildly uncontrolled diabetes though and that is not a good thing for the big picture.

Mandriana

As someone who carves up diabetic feet wounds from time to time during the week, there's not much antibiotics can do for wounds of a diabetic source, since it's from ischemia and not infection. Unless he decides that now is finally the time to take his diabetes extra-super-fucking-priority-number-one-in-life-serious, it's going to be a now quickly progressing series of limb(s) amputations until there's nothing left and it's dying time. Diabetes is no fucking joke.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As someone who carves up diabetic feet wounds from time to time during the week, there's not much antibiotics can do for wounds of a diabetic source, since it's from ischemia and not infection. Unless he decides that now is finally the time to take his diabetes extra-super-fucking-priority-number-one-in-life-serious, it's going to be a now quickly progressing series of limb(s) amputations until there's nothing left and it's dying time. Diabetes is no fucking joke.

Yes so fucking easy to not be an idiot and just do what's required to...ya know...not die.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
My dad.

So for the past 15 or so years hes had problems with ulcers/sores on his foot. This guy has been in and out of hospitals and doctors offices during time this trying to fix his foot. Im an in no way shape or form exaggerating when I say the government has probably spent over a million dollars on trying to "fix" his foot. Over the 15 years hes been in the hospital for a few surgeries for months at a time to have toes removed and to have bone from his foot itself removed or to just deal with the ulcers. Countless doctors visits for getting special boot fitted for him. From everything thats happened and what he says its almost certainly diabetes related but he admittedly admits he doesnt have diabetes and that the sores are due to bone spurs(something he says he dealt with while working for 30-40 years....).

Well last week he had half of his foot amputated because of course like all diabetics their foot ends up necrotic. So now hes in a hospital somewhere in Georgia and will be in it for another month at least. Knowing how all this plays out it means we will likely be taking care of his affairs in the near future and this is where it becomes jimmy rustling. Hes basically a nomad, he doesnt have a actual home. He has an rv and some stuff in storage here in middle of no where Arizona, he has a "summer home" in Minnesota and now hes in Georgia. So if he dies in the next month or so its going to be a real pain in the ass to deal with all this stuff. To add to it he has no will atm so we have no idea what he actually has or where its specifically at.

His situation is truly absurd because his brother went down the exact same path with diabetes, all while living at my fathers house! His brother was an obese man who of course did not manage his diabetes. First it started with losing some toes, then his entire foot then not long after his life. All in my dad's house.

Yeah, not long before my dad checked out he had the foot issues, didn't lose his foot, but had open sores that wouldn't heal, then a TIA. My Dad also didn't have a Will, but had all of his beneficiaries set to his wife, so mom got everything, even though she and my older brother, is what caused his swift trajectory into the Earth. It seems like to me, you see types of men from the Baby Boom were especially conditioned to be self sacrificing slaves, I guess it was better to be raised by a martyr, then some type of dreg.

Even my FIL to be, a prototypical man's man, holds his wife up on a mantle, in his own words.

And it's not easy to break out of that mental retardation, and that sick mind-set of "soul mates", and bull shit.

Last edited:

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
New router. Had to figure out the linux command line voodoo to get my plex server to be able to see my NAS again.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was more thinking Osteo since it got amputated but if you really do the carving I will defer to you. I guess I may have never met the non-infected ones. What about a non-infected ischemic foot would lead to a month long hospitalization?

Mandriana

The smaller the wound the less likely there will be infection, most of the time, but it's not uncommon to throw antibiotics at it just in case. If there has been a surgical amputation, they'll prescribe antibiotics more so to prevent post surgery infection and not for the diabetic ischemia. There is the chance for osteomyelitis, especially on toe wounds, but it's less common than more, and those ones can keep you in the hospital for weeks long treatment of IV/PICC line antibiotics. Now if there are several wounds open over the lower extremities that are being neglected (or my favorite, being soaked in dirty bath tubs/sinks with epsom salts) then the wound(s) can become massively infected.

Reasons that would keep a foot wound in the hospital for a long time most likely would be related to post surgical amputation monitoring and post-op mobility, this can vary, as a toe amputation is different from an above knee amputation. Most diabetics that lose limbs or have large wounds on their feet/legs usually can't manage movement anymore when they can't use a foot or leg to get around when they were barely able to before the hospital adventure.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
the motherfucking IRS

So they audited me this year. 5 months after filing they finally sent me the letter. OK, you dumb cunts, here is all of the information you asked for. I dont make fucking mistakes on my taxes; if I claimed it, its correct. This shit aint rocket science.

3 more months go by. They send me a letter offering me half the tax return I'm owed. This time theyre "unable to verify" a bunch of bullshit details that they didnt ask about in the first place.

Motherfucker, if you don't ask for it in the audit letter, you shouldnt be allowed to come back and bitch about it later. In a sane world, they would literally not be allowed to request any other information and should be required to accept all other details in your return.

But no, now I'm gathering a years worth of shit together to send them. The collection of documents will be between 300-500 pages. To document shit they NEVER FUCKING ASKED ABOUT IN THE AUDIT LETTER

To top it all off, this means no stimulus check for me until all this is resolved.

When the boogaloo comes, the IRS is first. I mean it. Even that insufferable smirking cunt Harris can wait. The IRS is first.

• 7Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Gary-Spivey-885x720.jpg

This guy is like the human version of "The Game" in that I forget about him for years and then, inexplicably... BOOM. Gary Spivey when you least expect it. I hate myself for hating that I know this guy still exists out there in the world somewhere.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Suddenlink internet. I went almost 5 years with Time Warner (Spectrum) never going down. These motherfuckers go down once a week for 15+ minutes or more at a time.

From their support site...
Screenshot_20210108-133453_Chrome.png

...results:
Screenshot_20210108-133427_Chrome.png

20210108_134006.jpg

20210108_134056.jpg

STOP FUCKING LYING TO ME YOU BITCH.
20210108_134045.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Talked to him today and he said hes getting transferred to some care facility. He said the bone is infected so he will be wherever that facility is for 4-6 weeks.
Yeah, not long before my dad checked out he had the foot issues, didn't lose his foot, but had open sores that wouldn't heal, then a TIA. My Dad also didn't have a Will, but had all of his beneficiaries set to his wife, so mom got everything, even though she and my older brother, is what caused his swift trajectory into the Earth. It seems like to me, you see types of men from the Baby Boom were especially conditioned to be self sacrificing slaves, I guess it was better to be raised by a martyr, then some type of dreg.

Even my FIL to be, a prototypical man's man, holds his wife up on a mantle, in his own words.

And it's not easy to break out of that mental retardation, and that sick mind-set of "soul mates", and bull shit.
Haha martyr is the exact opposite of my dad. Hes the most selfish person in the world, which is why this is all jimmy rustling. Was literally never there for any of kids. He was a man who only cared about two things in life; beer and fucking the nastiest bar skanks imaginable.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Talked to him today and he said hes getting transferred to some care facility. He said the bone is infected so he will be wherever that facility is for 4-6 weeks.

Haha martyr is the exact opposite of my dad. Hes the most selfish person in the world, which is why this is all jimmy rustling. Was literally never there for any of kids. He was a man who only cared about two things in life; beer and fucking the nastiest bar skanks imaginable.
Something something /psychologist, so this explains big P's gigantic loud hatred of tatt's and trashy women in general.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Quality Calories

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The collection of documents will be between 300-500 pages.

Holy shit, is that for personal taxes or do you have a business? I don't think I could come up with 300 pages of shit if that was a specific requirement. "Send us 300 pages or we start fining you"

human version of "The Game"

Who the fuck is that? I'm guessing a character on Jersey Shore?