Whats rustling your jimmies?

whoo

<Silver Donator>
LOL. Apparently not! My haircut/beard trim used to cost 15 bucks. Tip was...15 bucks. (Now I am bald). So 30 bucks a cut. How much we talking your peeps pay for a cut. Genuinely curious.
I've been going to Great Clips for years. Until a couple of months ago, I was getting 9.99 haircuts using their prepaid discount card (vs $14). I gave them a $10 tip. They know me, do a great job, and are fast.

<grumpyoldman> Now they raised prices to $16, no discount card available. I'm not paying $26 including tip for a 15 minute haircut. I'll let my wife do it with the clippers for free and look like a vagabond </grumpyoldman>

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Harrow
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If your waitess didn't get tips, she would be paid more, your food would cost more and she wouldn't feel motivated to bring you a refill when your cup was empty, or bring your food out when it's still hot.

You would pay the same or more for worse service
The anti-tipping folks somehow imagine that everything would still be the same if tipping wasn't a thing. Without tipping, your typical waitress would be pulled from the same hiring pool as your typical fast-food employee or wal-mart cashier.

• 1Harrow
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
The anti-tipping folks somehow imagine that everything would still be the same if tipping wasn't a thing. Without tipping, your typical waitress would be pulled from the same hiring pool as your typical fast-food employee or wal-mart cashier.
They already are, what the actual fuck are you smoking?
You think your god damn 40 year old waitress has a PhD but just decided she wants to sling food all fucking day.
Damn

• 3Worf
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 3 users

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They already are, what the actual fuck are you smoking?
You think your god damn 40 year old waitress has a PhD but just decided she wants to sling food all fucking day.
Damn
If there's no difference between your typical wal-mart cashier and your typical waitress, either you need better restaurants or I need better wal-marts.

• 1Like
  • 1Harrow
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 2 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

This post rustled my jimmies. Not because you're wrong, but can you imagine the mouth-breathers from a drive thru just butchering your order? I don't use the drive thru often, but I'm pretty sure I'm near a 100% failure rate for all the orders.

The wait staff at all our favorite places (mid-tier, not $$$$$) are genuinely squared away people, and for sure pull in the tips.

• 1Harrow
  • 1Worf
  • 1Faggotry

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
This post rustled my jimmies. Not because you're wrong, but can you imagine the mouth-breathers from a drive thru just butchering your order? I don't use the drive thru often, but I'm pretty sure I'm near a 100% failure rate for all the orders.

The wait staff at all our favorite places (mid-tier, not $$$$$) are genuinely squared away people, and for sure pull in the tips.

Imagine a bartender that was paid hourly wages instead of tips. lol

• 1Harrow

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I seem to remember back in the 90s when I spent quite a bit of time in the US that the acceptable tipping range was 10-15%. Didn't visit the US for 20 years and then two years ago I went back and all these places seem to now suggest I tip 24-26% on the payment terminal. F that, I did the European tourist thing and manually entered a tip around 15%.

• 1Worf
  • 1Harrow
  • 1Solidarity

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I seem to remember back in the 90s when I spent quite a bit of time in the US that the acceptable tipping range was 10-15%. Didn't visit the US for 20 years and then two years ago I went back and all these places seem to now suggest I tip 24-26% on the payment terminal. F that, I did the European tourist thing and manually entered a tip around 15%.
This. It pisses me off. They don't seem to understand how percentages work. If the food gets more expensive, so does the tip. There is no justification for increasing the percentage. 15% is tipping, any requests above that are the opening line in a scam.

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 6 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
My eyes keep fucking with me. I grossly underestimated my final project and have been awake since Saturday to finish it Wednesday (and still appease gf).

But the text keeps... zooming in and out. not rapidly, but like when I look to a different screen or away. Sometimes the font looks 8pt, sometimes 14. I keep checking ctrl+mousewheel to make sure I'm not fucking with myself and I check the toolbars too. Everything is in order, technically....

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Dumb shit like this being one of the top results for me searching "brie cheese";

1639468812411.png

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
The only commercials I get on youtube are the "I got vaxxed because...." commercials. Over and over and over. I keep getting the ones with a gay Asian couple or a metrosexual firefighter. These guys really don't understand the population they're targeting.

• 1Harrow
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users