Whats rustling your jimmies?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sevens

Log Wizard
What pisses me off about this is that if they consider those people tipped employees (or whatever the legal definition is) they can fuck them over and give them 2 bucks an hour. So tip them if you fucking hate them. Or don't tip if you want to do them a favor.

Now I wanna know what was in her garbage that she was afraid to let you see. Go dumpster diving tonight.
Here's the rub...by federal law, if a tipped employee's wage and tips combined to not make minimum wage the employer is required to make up the difference.

This is federal law ergo is in effect in all 50 states.
Federal minimum wage is 7.25 an hour
Some states mandate a higher minimum wage.
Sorry, 7.25 an hour isn't bad when you're an unskilled laborer doing nothing more than what housewives have been doing for free for thousands of year,
bringing food to the table.

• 2Salty
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I will do it while smiling in their face, fuck you and your god damn tip bullshit.
I'm just fucking done with it, got a haircut not long ago and there was a tip spot on the recite. You get a nice big 0 mother fucker, you said the hair cut was this price so I am paying this price and only this price. You want more, tell me the price and then I will decide if I want to pay it but dont try and guilt or embarrass me into paying more afterwards.
God damn I wish Covid had been more effective in wiping out most of humanity.
Haircuts have been for tips for a pretty long time. Kinda like waiters, their pay is modeled around that.

• 1Harrow
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Sorry, 7.25 an hour isn't bad
While I hate tipping (I started this convo) they need to just do away with tipping and paying them less. Fast food places start at $15 an hour now, in states that are considered cheap cost of living. Getting $7.25 full time before taxes is like $1200 a month. You can’t really live on that in the US anymore unless you’re living on the street. $7.25 wasn’t bad 20 years ago, now it’s a joke.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Harrow

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Haircuts have been for tips for a pretty long time. Kinda like waiters, their pay is modeled around that.
My thing is, how the fuck are people supposed to know? Waitresses have always worked this way. Everyone knows you tip your waitress.

But that first time you walk into some random barber shop how were you supposed to know that the tip jar on their counter is built into their pay structure, while the tip jars at Starbucks and other random shops are not?

When goddam everyone is asking for a tip, how are you supposed to tell the difference?

• 3Like
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Tipping is retarded because its a shitty ambiguous practice for something fairly important.

• 4Like
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 4 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My thing is, how the fuck are people supposed to know? Waitresses have always worked this way. Everyone knows you tip your waitress.

But that first time you walk into some random barber shop how were you supposed to know that the tip jar on their counter is built into their pay structure, while the tip jars at Starbucks and other random shops are not?

When goddam everyone is asking for a tip, how are you supposed to tell the difference?
If you are an 18 year old know nothing in this day and age sure maybe. I can't fathom anyone older than 30 wouldn't have known this by now.

• 1Like
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
While I hate tipping (I started this convo) they need to just do away with tipping and paying them less. Fast food places start at $15 an hour now, in states that are considered cheap cost of living. Getting $7.25 full time before taxes is like $1200 a month. You can’t really live on that in the US anymore unless you’re living on the street. $7.25 wasn’t bad 20 years ago, now it’s a joke.
Less than 2% of employees actually earn the federal minimum wage of 7.25. Remember that stat the next time someone wants to have the minimum wage argument with you

• 1Harrow

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Brahma is black?!

Joe Biden GIF by Election 2020

This shit again...

hitam-atau.gif

Last edited:
  • 7Worf
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 7 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Serious question. Are you from the USA? I learned that when I was being taken to the barber by my dad. He gave me the tip to give to the barber.

Bare with me here/Grain of salt. I'm black as joz123 joz123 pointed out. We are notoriously known as bad tippers, and to be fair...we are. That's because, we as a whole see most of these services as your damn job. Minus waitressing and the barbershop. And those two professions, I personally tip according to service. I'm not tipping the Uber Eats driver because he delivered my Starbucks. UNLESS there is a special reason. Like he called me to say that my order is off. They don't have the peppermint mocha, is there something else he could bring. Mutha fucker gets a big ass tip!

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Harrow
  • 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
What's in your trash Hoss?

I think you meant to ask what's in my shredder. You'll have to dig the pieces out of the burn barrel to find out. Bring lots of tape, its a crosscut shredder.

• 1Harrow

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
When I order pizza, under special instructions I tell them the tip is doubled if they do the "shave and a haircut" knock. So far 1 out of 2 did it. The first one surprised me. The second one admitted he didn't read the special instructions and didn't know what shave and a haircut was even if he had read it.

Relevant to this discussion on 2 levels.

• 1Harrow

Johnny53

Vyemm Raider
Getting MOHS on my nose in one hour...nervous as fuck..there gonna mess with my beautiful face

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 5 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
You are right, but I dont expect my waitress to be supporting a family on that...if she is she has made some bad life choices and thats not my fault nor my problem. Sorry couldn't care less. A collage student waiting tables to help make ends meet? sure. A teenager working behind the counter to make pocket money? Great. A person trying to support a family by bringing plates to a table, fuck you.

• 1Harrow