Whats rustling your jimmies?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Couldn't you have just picked up a cheap Wal Mart keyboard and then just regular ordered one? Or is this some kind of special keyboard?
Well overnighting only cost me $10 in this case. Not the end of the world.

It's one of these I just really really like it. The ease it has of switching between devices is something I actually need for work across multiple machines.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well overnighting only cost me $10 in this case. Not the end of the world.

It's one of these I just really really like it. The ease it has of switching between devices is something I actually need for work across multiple machines.

Do you really need the kid though? Sounds like an expensive pain in the ass that limits your ability to do anything.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
God damn cleaning out the pump on my washing machine has got to be one of the most frustrating things ive ever done.

With it finally off Im genuinely shocked the washer was working as well as it has been. The coin trap was completely clogged with 3-4 dryer sheets(wtf?) and a dozen or so coins so no idea how it was draining water half the time.

• 1Solidarity

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Xfinity internet down again. 11 hours with dial-up speeds and now nothing. They must love losing business.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Funny you ask. Not many good options for an alternative (just searched). At&t might be only other viable provider, but I think they run different lines.

This service is a joke though. It's down weekly, all hours of the day.

• 1Rustled

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Funny you ask. Not many good options for an alternative (just searched). At&t might be only other viable provider, but I think they run different lines.

This service is a joke though. It's down weekly, all hours of the day.

oh-jeez-thats-terrible-cable-company-worker.gif

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Internet down again today, right in the middle of working. Have to drive to a Marriott just to fucking work.

Neighbor said she's getting Tachus fiber instead. Might look into that.
If your internet is that shitty and you use it for work, you should get a second provider and router that can merge connections.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Internet down again today, right in the middle of working. Have to drive to a Marriott just to fucking work.

Neighbor said she's getting Tachus fiber instead. Might look into that.
Oh fuck yeah if they will serve you, do it. I signed up with tachus and requested service half a dozen times now. I would use them in a heartbeat to get away from my cable company. I have no other reasonably fast options. Satellite internet always sucked but it looks tempting sometimes. I wish Elon would let me have starlink.

whoo

<Silver Donator>
Well pump died after 24 years. No water for a few days. Hopefully. Worst case the well is dry or the lining pipe rusted through and collapsed. Probably the pump. I hope.

FFFfffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.gif

Edit:
Control box fried by lightning... Easy repair. Has water. Less rustled. FFfffuuuu.jpg

$740 greenwtfbacks.
WTFFFFUUUU.fu2

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
The height cylinder on my computer chair has a slow leak, so either I raise it up every 30 mins or so or I sit with my desk at chest level.
Dude... that's not a hard fix.

I've had one go out on a chair. That kit, and around 15 minutes of your time... POOF.. Jimmies unrustled. If you want to REALLY pimp your ride, also check out these bad boy rims...

Now for this weekend I have a more interesting tale of Rustled Jimmies. There's a house across the street and a couple houses down from me. For the longest time it was owned by my neighbor across the street and her daughter and son in law lived in it. Her daughter and son in law decided to move out of Dallas. So she converted it into an Air B'n'B apparently. I have noted before that I consistently see people rolling in on Thursday or Friday , usually with multiple people who have rollerboards, etc... Then rolling out on Sunday evening/Monday.

This weekend apparently there's a cycle ride (i.e. mostly middle aged men having crisis time on the Harley they bought instead of divorcing and upgrading their wife, etc...) And she's apparently rented her house for the weekend to around 8-10 guys on Harleys. Full disclosure, I grew up in a family who are definitely blue collar, and we definitely had a lot of "motorcycle enthusiasts of possibly criminal inclination" both in my family and in the immediate surrounding folks. I even had a Harley I built from a basket case in my late teens (which I do wish I hadn't gotten rid of, but that's another story). I know what "real" bikers roll like. These guys looked like a herd of middle aged office jockeys throwing on leather to be in the Sons of Ibuprofen or somesuch. You can tell the type. They get a bike which is as loud as possible, which doesn't bother them much because they're wearing fully enclosed helmets with visors, but then they get a stereo installed on said bike so they can play "born to be wild" way too fucking loud because it has to overcome the sound of the bike PLUS the soundproofing of the helmet (that their wives make the wear as a condition for them to be able to have their "toy" and ride around.

Now I have to deal with them just rolling up and down the street all damn damn day as they apparently prepare for whatever party they're going to tonight. Where they only outlaw points they're earning are for annoying my dogs. My neighbor across the street is already apparently avoiding coming outside because a lot of us are loitering around doing weekend lawn crap in our front yards and putting the "old school HOA" into effect, which is to just stare at the person being an asshole (in this case her for her choice of Air B'n'B tenants) and shaking our heads....

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
Dude... that's not a hard fix.

I've had one go out on a chair. That kit, and around 15 minutes of your time... POOF.. Jimmies unrustled. If you want to REALLY pimp your ride, also check out these bad boy rims...

Now for this weekend I have a more interesting tale of Rustled Jimmies. There's a house across the street and a couple houses down from me. For the longest time it was owned by my neighbor across the street and her daughter and son in law lived in it. Her daughter and son in law decided to move out of Dallas. So she converted it into an Air B'n'B apparently. I have noted before that I consistently see people rolling in on Thursday or Friday , usually with multiple people who have rollerboards, etc... Then rolling out on Sunday evening/Monday.

This weekend apparently there's a cycle ride (i.e. mostly middle aged men having crisis time on the Harley they bought instead of divorcing and upgrading their wife, etc...) And she's apparently rented her house for the weekend to around 8-10 guys on Harleys. Full disclosure, I grew up in a family who are definitely blue collar, and we definitely had a lot of "motorcycle enthusiasts of possibly criminal inclination" both in my family and in the immediate surrounding folks. I even had a Harley I built from a basket case in my late teens (which I do wish I hadn't gotten rid of, but that's another story). I know what "real" bikers roll like. These guys looked like a herd of middle aged office jockeys throwing on leather to be in the Sons of Ibuprofen or somesuch. You can tell the type. They get a bike which is as loud as possible, which doesn't bother them much because they're wearing fully enclosed helmets with visors, but then they get a stereo installed on said bike so they can play "born to be wild" way too fucking loud because it has to overcome the sound of the bike PLUS the soundproofing of the helmet (that their wives make the wear as a condition for them to be able to have their "toy" and ride around.

Now I have to deal with them just rolling up and down the street all damn damn day as they apparently prepare for whatever party they're going to tonight. Where they only outlaw points they're earning are for annoying my dogs. My neighbor across the street is already apparently avoiding coming outside because a lot of us are loitering around doing weekend lawn crap in our front yards and putting the "old school HOA" into effect, which is to just stare at the person being an asshole (in this case her for her choice of Air B'n'B tenants) and shaking our heads....
Dude, that's an easy fix

mightysniper2000.jpeg.jpg

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
These guys looked like a herd of middle aged office jockeys throwing on leather to be in the Sons of Ibuprofen or somesuch. You can tell the type.
Did they trailer their bikes into town or ride them in?

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Goddamn Fucking UPS. I ordered some liquor so a signature is required. Fine, that's not their fault. But they come to deliver and claim I'm not home when I am. I'll give them a pass because I was in the shop. It's possible they knocked, but they didn't look very hard is all I'm saying. After the first failure I sign up for text alerts. The second day I get an alert about a failed attempt again. WTF, why not send an alert that he's minutes away instead of an alert after the fact? I could have been watching the door. So I try to change the delivery to a pickup location. There's no way to do it. I go to automated help and they say there's a button on the tracking page but there's no goddamn button. So i need to call a motherfucker I guess. But there's no number anywhere. I even signed up for their bullshit site and still couldn't find the option. I'm starting to get pissed because after 1 more failure they're supposedly going to send it back and since they don't make this liquor anymore i'm pretty sure the merchant isn't going to let me buy it again for the same price. Emailed help and they tell me the option is on the tracking page. I still can't find it. I get to the tracking page 3 different ways and finally find one that has the "Change Delivery Options". So I get it changed to the pickup option and the pieces of fucking shit are charging me an extra $8.

What the fuck happened to the days when the delivery failure notice had a box you could check to schedule the delivery or send it to the pickup location?

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Goddamn Fucking UPS. I ordered some liquor so a signature is required. Fine, that's not their fault. But they come to deliver and claim I'm not home when I am. I'll give them a pass because I was in the shop. It's possible they knocked, but they didn't look very hard is all I'm saying. After the first failure I sign up for text alerts. The second day I get an alert about a failed attempt again. WTF, why not send an alert that he's minutes away instead of an alert after the fact? I could have been watching the door. So I try to change the delivery to a pickup location. There's no way to do it. I go to automated help and they say there's a button on the tracking page but there's no goddamn button. So i need to call a motherfucker I guess. But there's no number anywhere. I even signed up for their bullshit site and still couldn't find the option. I'm starting to get pissed because after 1 more failure they're supposedly going to send it back and since they don't make this liquor anymore i'm pretty sure the merchant isn't going to let me buy it again for the same price. Emailed help and they tell me the option is on the tracking page. I still can't find it. I get to the tracking page 3 different ways and finally find one that has the "Change Delivery Options". So I get it changed to the pickup option and the pieces of fucking shit are charging me an extra $8.

What the fuck happened to the days when the delivery failure notice had a box you could check to schedule the delivery or send it to the pickup location?
Fedex does the same thing too

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Fedex does the same thing too
Since when? I've had at least 2 fedex packages diverted to a pickup location in the past year. No extra charge and while I don't remember how I did it, I know it wasn't a pain in the ass. I also don't think I have account with them. They text me updates and I'm pretty sure I clicked a link in that text.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Last one was about 18 months ago with a Kickstarter package that didn't get the address updated. Giant pain in the ass from my end. 1-800 number got me to some random call center in India who couldn't help, and getting the number to the local facility didn't help either. Ended up having to write off at least 2 large packages.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Since when? I've had at least 2 fedex packages diverted to a pickup location in the past year. No extra charge and while I don't remember how I did it, I know it wasn't a pain in the ass. I also don't think I have account with them. They text me updates and I'm pretty sure I clicked a link in that text.
When in doubt, type a question plus reddit on Google. it's how I've found direct lines to real people at ups, uhaul, etc

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users